Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 24th February 2008, 11:52   #21
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biteme View Post

viper is carbon fibre tube too and dont gimme metal crap cos the raceland is a metal pipe so heatsoak there, not even bloody carbon fibre so more heat soak the the plastic rather that carbon fibre and to be honest you get what you pay for i have
VIPER IS METAL!!!!!!!! look at them, they have large metal casing with the carbon surrounding it. Green only some have metal tubes, bmc doesnt have any. saying because its not carbon fibre wont prevent heatsoak is also very nieve. Carbon isnt the only material which can prevent heatsoak, the plastic of green/raceland is very good at it infact
Old 24th February 2008, 17:41   #22
biteme
Frequent Poster

Car(s): R32
iTrader Score: 7 (89%)
biteme is a jewel in the roughbiteme is a jewel in the roughbiteme is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
VIPER IS METAL!!!!!!!! look at them, they have large metal casing with the carbon surrounding it. Green only some have metal tubes, bmc doesnt have any. saying because its not carbon fibre wont prevent heatsoak is also very nieve. Carbon isnt the only material which can prevent heatsoak, the plastic of green/raceland is very good at it infact

... prove it.... tbh is all personal u wont even notice the difference and the raceland sits behind metal beam at actuall y gets fu*k all cool air flow....

Progression --> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...94#post3460294
biteme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2008, 13:08   #23
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
... prove it.... tbh is all personal u wont even notice the difference and the raceland sits behind metal beam at actuall y gets fu*k all cool air flow....
the design of the green/raceland has a slight lip where air comes under the slam panel.

Ive known people who have switched from vipers and have had better figures on RRs.

also you say that theres fuck all airflow under the slam panel. the cold air feed on the viper isnt exactly a huge diamater pipe, look at the surface area of the area you are giving airflow to.
Old 26th February 2008, 15:35   #24
james__vts
Frequent Poster

Car(s): saxo vts
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
james__vts has a spectacular aura aboutjames__vts has a spectacular aura aboutjames__vts has a spectacular aura about

think im might have to get myself a raceland.
james__vts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2008, 22:37   #25
biteme
Frequent Poster

biteme is a jewel in the roughbiteme is a jewel in the roughbiteme is a jewel in the rough

oh and magically from that massive raceland oppening it gan just get into the tiny pipe after it.... yer.... right... im not saying viper is amazing its just raceland is not all that! and yes air gets under slam pannel... through radiator ohhh now thats really cool air flow there....

Quote:
the design of the green/raceland has a slight lip where air comes under the slam panel.

Ive known people who have switched from vipers and have had better figures on RRs.

also you say that theres fuck all airflow under the slam panel. the cold air feed on the viper isnt exactly a huge diamater pipe, look at the surface area of the area you are giving airflow to.

Old 26th February 2008, 23:07   #26
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Airflow into any of the enclosed system (green/raceland etc) are crap.

BMC with a cleverly placed intake or Green open with a decent amount of heat shielding from the engine would be my choices

No system is 100% efficient and loads of people swear by Green, others swear by BMC, others Viper. All good in their own way.

If each manufacturer did the same thing choices would be seriously limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2008, 23:12   #27
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
oh and magically from that massive raceland oppening it gan just get into the tiny pipe after it.... yer.... right... im not saying viper is amazing its just raceland is not all that! and yes air gets under slam pannel... through radiator ohhh now thats really cool air flow there....
slam panel is above the radiator. I had a procomp if you want to be picky abot saying this that and everything as i feel they are better made, I just as i have to keep saying do not feel a design which incorperates a large amount of metal in the main case which air needs to pass through is any good.

Also as you may notce the air from under the slam panel isnt BEHIND the rad (as you clearly stated wrongly i may add) but above it slighty before, therefore its getting the air from the front of the car, because the airbox is plastic it does not heat up like metal does and so the air pasing through it will heat up less.

and if you want to be sarcastic please continue.
Old 27th February 2008, 12:24   #28
biteme
Frequent Poster

i dunno why im fighting this cos i honestly dont care.... but your pushing this whole metal thing when the pipe the air runs through on the raceland is metal and it runs clean through that.... and its closest the engine so pointless neither are particularly good for heat soak.....

Quote:
slam panel is above the radiator. I had a procomp if you want to be picky abot saying this that and everything as i feel they are better made, I just as i have to keep saying do not feel a design which incorperates a large amount of metal in the main case which air needs to pass through is any good.

Also as you may notce the air from under the slam panel isnt BEHIND the rad (as you clearly stated wrongly i may add) but above it slighty before, therefore its getting the air from the front of the car, because the airbox is plastic it does not heat up like metal does and so the air pasing through it will heat up less.

and if you want to be sarcastic please continue.

Old 27th February 2008, 12:32   #29
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

well considering you initialy posted when my comment was a comparrison with the BMC V viper in relation to each other and the metal content i find it quite amusing that you have completely ignored that. Especially as i have said i prefer the procomp (no metal) or the old green which also used a plastic inlet pipe. You are just trying to pick on little things which have no initial relation to the reason you got the arse anyway.