Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 25th June 2008, 18:25   #1
a17vts
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTS 2000
a17vts will become famous soon enough
Default Standard Air Box

Well I am thinking my raceland induction kit isn't all that and I am thinking about going back to a standard air box but with out all the crap attached.

Does any one have any idea or have a method which work well to get cold air to the standard set up?!

a17vts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 20:23   #2
AlexR
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Rep mobiles & Joes ma
iTrader Score: 21 (100%)
AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!

get a green filter for the raceland Tom
AlexR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 20:27   #3
Mark51p
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Golf GT
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!

have you thought about getting a panel filter for your standard air box?

as for the cold air feed you could get some ducting and use that
Mark51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 21:50   #4
a17vts
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexR View Post
get a green filter for the raceland Tom
I assume that will be the best thing then Alex.

Old 26th June 2008, 18:01   #5
danridesbikes

Car(s): 106 GTi
danridesbikes is infamous around these partsdanridesbikes is infamous around these parts

take out all the normal tubes upto the air box, fit a green panel and use some ducting for from the airbox hole
danridesbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2008, 14:22   #6
a17vts
Regular Poster

where do you then duck the air from?!

I've tired that before and didn't really know where to get the cold air feed from.

Old 6th July 2008, 14:29   #7
raymondbowon
Regular Poster
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mk5 Fiesta Zetec Yamaha FJR 1300
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
raymondbowon will become famous soon enough

i have replaced the standard panel filter with a jetex one i got off ebay for a tenner and it is brilliant. throttle response has vastly improved. The standard citroen breathing gear is pretty good as it is, i wouldn't do anything to it mate.
raymondbowon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2008, 22:36   #8
ryhornvtr
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 2003 posi VTS
ryhornvtr is a splendid one to beholdryhornvtr is a splendid one to beholdryhornvtr is a splendid one to beholdryhornvtr is a splendid one to beholdryhornvtr is a splendid one to beholdryhornvtr is a splendid one to beholdryhornvtr is a splendid one to behold

Ive used some ducting from the standard box to the feed from the slam panel. Have a K&N panel filter in it. Works well, sounds good. I cant see how its any worse than an expensive 'kit'.

I dont have fogs in atm and im thinking of routing the ducting behind the ns foglight hole, just to see if its any better.
ryhornvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2008, 22:50   #9
OLLYVTS
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Subaru Impreza Wrx
iTrader Score: 26 (100%)
OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryhornvtr View Post
Ive used some ducting from the standard box to the feed from the slam panel. Have a K&N panel filter in it. Works well, sounds good. I cant see how its any worse than an expensive 'kit'.

I dont have fogs in atm and im thinking of routing the ducting behind the ns foglight hole, just to see if its any better.
You will have to be careful when you go through puddles as it is low to put the ducking there imo.

In need of a cheap car in west sussex near chichester,Please pm me.
OLLYVTS is offline   Reply With Quote