Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 18th October 2008, 13:05   #1
Ben_L
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): 1.1.1i, 2.Mk2 VTR 3.Astra SRI 150
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!
Default fitting magnex

any one know how much you need to cut off the centre pipe? Looks to me like the joint will be on a bend...obviously not ideal. I've been trying to get quotes for people to fit it for me and have had quotes for between 35 and 50 quid. Is that reasonable? How long should it take to fit? Cheers

Ben_L aka Saxmaniac5 Xbox Gamertag: Saxmaniac5
Ben_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 13:11   #2
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
DJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really nice

why do you need to cut it ?
Old 18th October 2008, 13:20   #3
Ben_L
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!Ben_L is absolutely fabulous!

becasue the pipe on the back of the BB is too long

Old 18th October 2008, 13:25   #4
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

DJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really nice

Ohh. what centre section you got? i take it the centre section isnt magnex then?
Old 18th October 2008, 14:34   #5
dobbo_1
Established Member
North Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): saxo vtr mk2
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
dobbo_1 is a splendid one to beholddobbo_1 is a splendid one to beholddobbo_1 is a splendid one to beholddobbo_1 is a splendid one to beholddobbo_1 is a splendid one to beholddobbo_1 is a splendid one to behold

cut you center section mate not the back box pipe and the join will be straight its not hard to do your self the instructions that come with should explain it all
Old 18th October 2008, 16:09   #6
blackvtrt
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): 02 Gold Cleaned OEM+ VTR
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
blackvtrt will become famous soon enough

No its about 4" in from the bend, u need to cut it abit further up so it clears the suspension, check out my progress thread just put all pics of fitting in there may help you. You will also need a reducer for it to fit something like 56mm to 42mm off the top of my head ill double check for you.
Its easy enough to fit yourself n costs less than £10 to do, could do it in 45min-1 hour if your by yourself as getting it to sit right is the bit that takes the time, so easier with another pair of hand and eyes to check.

A garage should be able to do it in about 20min or so due to having ramps etc, I got quoted £30 and wouldn't pay anymore than that.
blackvtrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 18:30   #7
Ben_L
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackvtrt View Post
No its about 4" in from the bend, u need to cut it abit further up so it clears the suspension, check out my progress thread just put all pics of fitting in there may help you. You will also need a reducer for it to fit something like 56mm to 42mm off the top of my head ill double check for you.
Its easy enough to fit yourself n costs less than £10 to do, could do it in 45min-1 hour if your by yourself as getting it to sit right is the bit that takes the time, so easier with another pair of hand and eyes to check.

A garage should be able to do it in about 20min or so due to having ramps etc, I got quoted £30 and wouldn't pay anymore than that.
Thanks mate. I will have a lookski at your progress thread...

I bought the box off ebay 2nd hand so has no reducers or clamps or anything.

Old 18th October 2008, 20:56   #8
blackvtrt
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): 02 Gold Cleaned OEM+ VTR
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
blackvtrt will become famous soon enough

ye no need to worry about that you need about a 55m/2.25" to 42mm/1.75". reducer and the right clamps to tighten it and some exhaust paste, like i said wont cost you more than £10 fpr the lot, but if you cant be arsed to fit it for the sake of an extra £20 then just get someone to fit it, but id say have ago its not a hard job really
blackvtrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 21:24   #9
saxokid100
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Wickerd red VTS MK2, Two tone VTS MK2,vvc Metro..
saxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the rough
Smile

I fitted mrHoustons magnex on his motor it only took about 20 mins to cut the middle pipe and fit the back box on....
saxokid100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 23:45   #10
Ben_L
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

how did you do it mate? how much did you cut off and how did you attach the 2 pipes?

Old 18th October 2008, 23:47   #11
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

try it on first then see how it fits if you need to cut it then do so but you dont need a lot off tbh

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 23:53   #12
saxokid100
Saxperience Addict

saxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the rough
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_L View Post
how did you do it mate? how much did you cut off and how did you attach the 2 pipes?
I did it how predator has said bud,i also made reduser piper....
Old 18th October 2008, 23:54   #13
saxokid100
Saxperience Addict

Smile

[QUOTE=Predator_VTR;2626247]

Hi bud,have you done any new modds to your motor??
Old 18th October 2008, 23:55   #14
Ben_L
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

i havent got anything with it. what would i need to attach it and reduce the pipe? i really havent a clue when it comes to this lol

Old 19th October 2008, 00:00   #15
saxokid100
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
i havent got anything with it. what would i need to attach it and reduce the pipe? i really havent a clue when it comes to this lol
Well when i bought my full magnexs from Abp,i got pack of reducer pipe fittings,and never used them,take it you only have the back box bud??
Old 19th October 2008, 00:02   #16
Ben_L
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

yup, only the box. is it going to be best for me to just pay some1 to do it for me and weld it up?

Old 19th October 2008, 00:04   #17
saxokid100
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
yup, only the box. is it going to be best for me to just pay some1 to do it for me and weld it up?
Best thing to do bud!!! hope you sort it out...
Old 19th October 2008, 00:05   #18
Ben_L
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

cheers for all the help guys...will get it fitted this week they will get the pics up :-)

Old 19th October 2008, 00:06   #19
saxokid100
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
cheers for all the help guys...will get it fitted this week they will get the pics up :-)
Mint, like lots of picys...
Old 19th October 2008, 02:23   #20
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

no new mods since last time mate, last mod was grill and bra, next is to get the wilwoods powdercoated as there y faded at the moment, then cammed vts power next year hopefully

i just got my magnex fully welded up feels a load better tbh

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote