Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 6th December 2008, 12:05   #1
a17vts
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTS 2000
a17vts will become famous soon enough
Default Well I think I need some new Engine mounts!

I am looking to buy some new engine mounts and fit them but I have no idea if they are easy to fit or not.

I have a 2000 VTS and I just want standard replacements so any help/guides on how to fit them would be great also any links as where to get the mounts from would be perfect also.

Tom

a17vts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2008, 12:20   #2
boz
Saxperience Post Whore

Location: somewhere on this planet, doing something..... around northumberland or in the middle of the sea
Car(s): Mk2 VTS track mk1 turbo vts scooby engined 2CV
boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!

they are easy to fit matey.

if you are handy with a couple of spanners

a haynes manual will be the best form of advice.

basically, you have 3

one on the left of the engine, its on the inner wing and connets to the engine.

one on the right hand side of the engine bay, this is know as the gearbox mount and you need to remove the battery and battery tray to access it. easy done, its only a few nuts that hold the tray in place, then you have one nut ontop of the gearbox mount. support the engine with a jack, i normally use a yellow pages ontop of the jack head and place it under the sump, its disperses the weight and dosnt damage the sump
once the weight is on the jack, you can remove the 2 bolts that hold the gearbox engine mount in place.

the 3rd mount is the lower engine mount and is on the rear of the engine (gearbox) you need to jack the car up and support it on axle stands to get to the mount.
if you lay on your back under the car, the mount is at the rear of the engine where the passengers fett would be (lol) it is on a bracket that is attached to the shell of the car. its held in place on the bracket with one bolt (running through the middle of the mount) and then on the gearbox with 2 bolts.

all of the mounts are replacable and you can get them from dealers or car accesory parts stores.

im sure someone like steve vts will rank about group N mounts lol
standard will be fine if you dont do track day etc

you can get uprated mounts from the like of powerflew etc.

hope you understand my jibber jabber
Old 6th December 2008, 13:30   #3
a17vts
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTS 2000
a17vts will become famous soon enough

That makes perfect sense. Cheers mate.

I think I'll stick to standard items I have done a few track days but not loads so I'm sure stand items will be fine plus I sure they all need changing as my car has now done 136k miles and I'm sure use they have ever been replaced, well not since 40k miles they haven't!

a17vts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2008, 17:11   #4
boz
Saxperience Post Whore

Location: somewhere on this planet, doing something..... around northumberland or in the middle of the sea
boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!

its easy enough to do mate

haynes manual will help with pics etc.

you dont need any special tools or anything like that
Old 6th December 2008, 17:12   #5
boz
Saxperience Post Whore

just remember to do one at a time lol
always support the engine on a jack (yellow pages trick)
and when under the car for the rear mount, make sure the car is on axle stands
Old 7th December 2008, 12:50   #6
sick-Saxo
Regular Poster

Car(s): furio, vts 16v (turbo project)
iTrader Score: -2 (0%)
sick-Saxo is on a distinguished road

easy should only take about a hr
sick-Saxo is offline   Reply With Quote