Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Track / Motorsport Prep'

Track / Motorsport Prep' This forum is for technical discussions about track / motorsport preparation. Posting rights have restricted to select usergroups. If you wish to contribute to discussions within this forum, request acceptance from the usergroup leader from your User CP.

Old 25th December 2013, 18:48   #61
FletchJ7
L-plater
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): S2 Bianca Rallye 16v
FletchJ7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanapone View Post
Might pop over to say Hi as I'm pretty local. Might treat myself to a passenger pass as it's my birthday on the 10th.
that would be good, more the merrier

sure you would get a few passenger rides aswell as we will have plenty of cars there hopefully.
FletchJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2014, 04:20   #62
Assenracing
Infrequent Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): E46 330d - Saxo Vts
Assenracing is on a distinguished road

There should be 4 cars for you to get a ride in alan one being a 320bhp lotus
Assenracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2014, 18:02   #63
Assenracing
Infrequent Poster

1 more sleep then its play time at oulton park yippie
Old 7th February 2014, 18:10   #64
vtectransplant
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Nothing fun anymore....
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
vtectransplant is on a distinguished road

I'll be there at some point as my Auld fella is doing it in his ATR.
vtectransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2014, 18:26   #65
Assenracing
Infrequent Poster

I thought I saw somebody was down to take out a rage buggy or something like it but it's not on the entrance list anymore, pop over and say hello bud. Your looking for a ratty blue saxo white Alfa 33 green clio.
Old 7th February 2014, 18:40   #66
vtectransplant
Frequent Poster

Will do dude, probably be there about 9.30-10
Old 7th February 2014, 19:06   #67
Alanaponep
North West
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): PH2 Peugeot 106 "race" car - Currently in pieces
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Alanapone is on a distinguished road

I'll try and get up for a bit around then too Pete. Got to do a few little jobs first though.
Alanapone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2014, 20:27   #68
vtectransplant
Frequent Poster

Bring your lid and I'll get my old man to take you out
Old 7th February 2014, 20:55   #69
Samp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

North Wales Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Fabia VRS PD130/ VTR Mk2
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Sam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtectransplant View Post
Bring your lid and I'll get my old man to take you out
Dont let him drive, he likes the apex!
Old 7th February 2014, 21:50   #70
vtectransplant
Frequent Poster

Lol. Nowt wrong with a bit if kerb action
Old 8th February 2014, 17:34   #71
Assenracing
Infrequent Poster

Was good to put faces to names today lol vtr and alan. The start of the day was damp but started drying out to what I thought what was going to be a great day, the rat was behaving and things where looking good but then coming into lodge I got a bad knocking from the n/s front yep that will be a dead cv joint and the end of play for me.

Things where not going to well for others as I hear vtec's dad had thrown a rod gutted for you bud along with fletch who stacked the alfa 33 unlucky Jim but the track was flooded !
Old 8th February 2014, 18:29   #72
vtectransplant
Frequent Poster

Yeah you too chief. Dads may be salvageable but we'll see. Told him the H22's are made of fudge lol

At least it didn't happen at Snett next month, 6hrs back after two sessions wouldn't be nice!
Old 16th March 2015, 14:04   #73
pedromakarachi
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Citroen Saxo Vtr
pedromakarachi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford126 View Post
Suppose it depends what you like. The banter at track days is none existent because every one thinks they are the best driver in the world. Where as if you go to york and you fuck up a run every one takes the piss and you learn have a laugh and move on.

I'm not bothered on the price side of things but I would much rather pay for a full day of laughter and learning things than have a track session where you cant drive to your limits or you get black flagged for driving unsafe.
I agree with this whole heartedly after yesterdays track day. I was at Three Sisters and it was a track day, there were drift car demo's from some of the BDC drivers, plus a number of car clubs were in attendance including a chav brigade(best way I could describe them).

Pre-booked my sessions and anyone without experience was given a drivers briefing before hand. Standing in pit lane, one lad was coming back from the drivers briefing and said to his mate "F£%k that I'm going flatout!"

As anyone on here who enjoys track days knows, there is a certain degree of etiquette to follow on track as well as in the paddock. Needless to say there were far too many ego's there yesterday, to many 'driving gods' and far to many over confident but skill lacking plonkers.

I'm not professing to be a great driver as I'm not. Hell I even span myself. But as per the rules I waited till there was a clear gap in traffic before pulling off the circuit into a run off area to allow me to turn the car the right way, then waited for a large enough gap in the traffic to rejoin the circuit. But there were idiots there who, once they'd spun, were immediately driving the wrong way to find space to spin their car around on track.

Had four sessions in total and enjoyed the day.........until lastnight were a couple of yesterdays drivers were private messaging me over Facebook, kicking off with me that I had caused them to lose control of there cars, riding too close behind them and overtaking to close and un-nerving them plus was accused of trying to push them off the track. One driver has even threatened to plant me when he see's me next as well as I almost caused him to crash his £12k car. I'd understand, to a degree, if it was full on racing but it was a bloody track day for god's sake, a bit if fun.

From footage I've viewed from on-board my car and from spectators, I was no-where near these guys aside from overtaking. And I gave plenty of space before moving back across onto the correct line. I never received any black flags for my driving, but yet some people still have a beef because I caught them in my Saxo.
pedromakarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2015, 14:11   #74
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): BMW 5x M50d.
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Ross is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromakarachi View Post
One driver has even threatened to plant me when he see's me next as well as I almost caused him to crash his £12k car.
Tell him to take his poverty spec car to a banger racing club. If someone told me their cars value as a justification to why *I* should be careful near them I'd probably die of laughter. What a cunt. His choice to take his "really expensive" car on track, not yours. His problem if he didn't take insurance out, not yours. Fuck him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromakarachi View Post
From footage I've viewed from on-board my car and from spectators, I was no-where near these guys aside from overtaking. And I gave plenty of space before moving back across onto the correct line. I never received any black flags for my driving, but yet some people still have a beef because I caught them in my Saxo.
Tell them to go to the 'ring where they're bound to all do sub 8 minute laps because they're so awesome That's of course if they can dare take their really expensive cars on track with all the other shitbox GT3RS's and GTR's etc there that might crash into them.

Seriously man - some people need a fucking reality check. I'd have planted some tool who acted like they did. Ignore em
Old 16th March 2015, 14:24   #75
pedromakarachi
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Tell him to take his poverty spec car to a banger racing club. If someone told me their cars value as a justification to why *I* should be careful near them I'd probably die of laughter. What a cunt. His choice to take his "really expensive" car on track, not yours. His problem if he didn't take insurance out, not yours. Fuck him.

Tell them to go to the 'ring where they're bound to all do sub 8 minute laps because they're so awesome That's of course if they can dare take their really expensive cars on track with all the other shitbox GT3RS's and GTR's etc there that might crash into them.

Seriously man - some people need a fucking reality check. I'd have planted some tool who acted like they did. Ignore em
Cheers buddy It's just their reactions had me questioning my driving in the sessions. Watched the footage over a few times each and I can't see any issues other than them pushing to hard to prove a point. My mate was with me yesterday and he's said we're going to go to the bigger circuits for track days. He raced touring car's for 15 years and he said the crowd are a lot more mature and have a better awareness on track days at the bigger circuits
Old 16th March 2015, 14:28   #76
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): BMW 5x M50d.
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Ross is on a distinguished road

It sounds like you're being very genuine and careful - if someone else has a problem with that that's their issue not yours

On a serious note - you'll often find a lot of very friendly / helpful people at the ring - it's very humbling for even experienced track drivers
Old 16th March 2015, 14:51   #77
pedromakarachi
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
It sounds like you're being very genuine and careful - if someone else has a problem with that that's their issue not yours

On a serious note - you'll often find a lot of very friendly / helpful people at the ring - it's very humbling for even experienced track drivers
I was as I don't want to ruin someone else's fun as well as my own by driving like an idiot. Plus it's been a good few years since I was last on a track day, even longer since I raced competitively, so I took baby steps yesterday to gently ease myself back into driving on a circuit.

I am looking to do the Ring at some point, maybe not this year, but certainly next year. Need to get a new job and do a couple more bits to the car before I go though. And thank you for your support to Ross. I'm a confident person to a point, but criticism soon has me doubting myself
Old 2nd April 2015, 19:32   #78
Alanaponep
North West
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): PH2 Peugeot 106 "race" car - Currently in pieces
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Alanapone is on a distinguished road

I watched your footage David, You have no need to worry. I am however in two minds about going to one of the three sisters days as I have wanted to drive the circuit for many years so would love to do it but some of the clown on the videos make me wonder if it would be safe to do so... Only one way to find out!!

Sam and I are looking at going to Anglesey for our next trackday if you're up for it?
Alanapone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2015, 09:34   #79
VTR_Craig
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Mercedes C220, Scooby, Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 35 (100%)
VTR_Craig has much to be proud ofVTR_Craig has much to be proud ofVTR_Craig has much to be proud ofVTR_Craig has much to be proud ofVTR_Craig has much to be proud ofVTR_Craig has much to be proud ofVTR_Craig has much to be proud ofVTR_Craig has much to be proud ofVTR_Craig has much to be proud of

I'm on Cadwell park on 29th April

£99 for the day with javelin
VTR_Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2015, 06:10   #80
Samp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

North Wales Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Fabia VRS PD130/ VTR Mk2
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Sam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTR_Craig View Post
I'm on Cadwell park on 29th April

£99 for the day with javelin
Me and Alanapone did Cadwell last month, its an awesome circuit and you will enjoy the day no matter what the weather is like. Just remember they dont have garages so be prepared to get wet if it rains (Not sure if you have been before)