Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 6th April 2011, 12:31   #1
MJ05LLY
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Audi TTS
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
MJ05LLY is on a distinguished road
Default ICE section

Is it possible this can be overhauled in some way?
The area is a mess now or days it's like the blind leading the blind with bull.....

Maybe request to join area and upon request they are made to read the FAQs or basics?
Maybe have their posts reviewed or something when starting a thread?

Or even something as simple as nominated ice whores who don't have power but next to their name it can be seen they are like a section know it all, so the person asking the Q knows their info will be more trustworth than some random floating through the section saying his Edge sub sounds awesome and is high quality to someone who knows no better but listens as they know nothing else

MJ05LLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2011, 12:51   #2
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

There is some serious retards in that section tbh, given up trying to help.
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2011, 19:47   #3
MJ05LLY
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz_pro View Post
There is some serious retards in that section tbh, given up trying to help.
That's what I mean. So much rubbish in there

People who dont know what they are on about giving advice

I won't say i know it all but I like to think I know somemuseful bits

I mean others were arguing where to put a fuse in the system and someone was right cos they were doing an degree and on about getting s belt from a cable that hadn't discharged when its around a 3/4m run @ 12v

Then like I said before someone saying an Edge sub was good sound quality
Old 17th April 2011, 03:00   #4
Dom
Saxperience Post Whore
Central Counties Region Member

iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Dom is on a distinguished road

I myself know alot of shit when it comes to ICE, and the amount of stuff plastered in that section has just made me turn my nose up at it, it seems as though they all buy their kits from Halfords, including Edge subs and 6x9's. It really does put my off that section, when I first joined Sax-P there was a number of people who knew their shit about ICE, AshleyP, Pred and another lad. Now they have disappeared out of the section.
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 13:12   #5
rorz_vts
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Icelandic vtr turbo
iTrader Score: 36 (97%)
rorz_vts will become famous soon enough

i used to post alot in there but just cba to bother anymore as 'the know it alls know best' so just leave them to it now
Old 26th April 2011, 15:18   #6
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

if no one fights the cause and trys to educate then it will never change. Its all very well being knowledgeable but if you dont impart it on folk in the correct manner i.e. with evidence and in a polite manner then no one will ever take the time to learn it. Also if you have never dealt with ICE before then things like 6x9's are good. THey make noise for not a lot of money. Back when i first got into it i thought 6x9s were great but someone took the time to explain why they were not and what a better alternative was and i learned from it.

The only problem was i then ended up spending thousands on ICE instead of buttons

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 08:05   #7
MJ05LLY
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Scott I fully understand what you mean about this, you can put the evidence in-front of them but at the end of the day if I say a £200 Sub is good, and someone says an £30 is good. How can I prove the other is shite. Some people fully understand you get what you pay for others dont.
I noticed other day two people were on bout where to place a fuse, one said here and other said no here.
The guy who asked the Q must of been well confused because the two lads were going on and it was "im right because im at uni" then "well im right because I do blah blah blah"
Like Dom said above, their are certain people that know about installs but its filled with that much shit no one bothers no more which is sad and leave it too noobs leading noobs with no clue
Old 28th April 2011, 08:53   #8
Paulp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Astra VXR + 1989 Astra GTE
iTrader Score: 37 (100%)
Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!

Back in the day Pred used to be all over the ICE section like a rash.

Tbh i think its a case of alot of people don't actually care too much about the perfect sounds. Music is music. Its like detailing a car, alot of people have hundreds of pounds worth of cleaning stuff, others are happy to take it through a car wash once a month. Same with photography, alot of people on a night out take pictures on their camera phones, yeah they'll look better from a canon blahdyblah but the camera phone pictures are good enough for facebook.

I had a set of 6x9s in a couple of previous cars (came with cars), and i was happy with them. As i knew they were suppose to be crap compared to components... But at the same time i knew that any one getting inside my car wouldn't be 'ICE enthusiasts', and more bothered about what cd i played than 'how good the quality of the sound is'.

I totally understand where you are coming from though. Theres alot of ICE experts on here, some even go to competitions (crazy red flat arch guy springs to mind, sat in his car last year or year before.. thought my head was going to explode).
Should someone appear on the forums wanting to build a good system, then they should recieve decent advice from the professionals on here, rather than a bunch of budget audio members with limited knowledge.

Best way is to just share you knowledge and try and explain things to newbs without argueing with one another. Alot of 'ICE experts' have to accept that alot of members on here are actually happy with a 30 quid sub, 30 quid amp and halfords wiring kit as noise is noise to them and they won't be competing in any competitions, they wont have any critics listening to the quality of their sound system, just a few mates, or theirselfs on the way to work.

Last edited by Paul; 28th April 2011 at 08:55.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2011, 12:51   #9
MJ05LLY
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Paul

I know am fighting a losing battle and have understood and accepted everything yourself and Scott have said and I can not pick faults or anything wrong with what you have both said. I get fully what you mean about camera is a camera to some etc
It just saddens me when I see people talking shite thinking they have knowledge when they don't and some poor noob is onto a bad start straight away because people with no knowledge reply to them and if anyone says different it's like a silly slating match.
There are only certain people in that section I trust and believe, Pred is one like you mentioned, LiamB (red flat arch guy) and Reevsey I think it is, and a few more. It would just be nice to see these guys appreciated on the site for some of the guides and info they have and know to do with not just Saxo's but installs in general, so that when and if they do speak up and say something that their information is listened to and taken more seriously
It's upto the OP to decide if they want to do that or do different but at least some good useful information can be seen, possibly to someone just scanning area but was thinking the question
Old 28th April 2011, 15:09   #10
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

ICE section died off a couple of years ago.

the thing is, its the same with any of the tech sections, the decreasing price of saxos leads to an increase in idiots owning them, and thus they just don't care about quality - which in reality isn't a 'bad' thing because you dont have to enjoy spending loads on ICE.

i can see your point though, in the sense that idiots tend to impart their [questionable] knowledge on other members who also then assume that the 'advice' they were given is correct, and so the cycle continues.

really, if i'm honest. you just have to flick through the amount of guides up (although i doubt any have been updated in months / years) and get some genuine info. nobody uses the guides though, so is there even any point to them being there? people would rather listen to someone with no acoustical / audio knowledge over a guide written by a trusted member who doesnt post there much - CSVTR for an example of a real audiophile.

i could go off and write another 5 to 10 guides right now seeing as i have nothing to do today, but will any of them get read? nope.

it is what it is, people take the first bit of crap they hear for gospel as opposed to doing their own research and developing their personal knowledge in order to make informed decisions based upon empirical facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote