Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 20th July 2011, 18:10   #81
Frankay
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo Vts x2 Audi TDI a fair few others.
Frankay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigLovelock View Post
Love my mac. Got an 07 13" in white.

Runs amazingly and dont think ill be going back to windows anytime soon.
Thats because you made the right choice .

Before i had my mac i had a top end HP laptop cost a bomb i bought it mainly for music production i installed a few programmes on to the machine and it slowed instantly. They dont make sense, you have to defrag your computer etc to keep up its performance like a service they should just work all the time as does a mac.
Frankay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 19:30   #82
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

LOL cheapskate.....

Your arguments are pathetic, honestly, I won't even bother debating your last comment as it is clear I have huge amounts more of knowledge of computers in general then you.
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 20:36   #83
Bound
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): 8 Valve 'R.
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Bound is on a distinguished road

So your mac will out perfom my pc but you can't back it up with figures or benchmarks or stats or proof , the only scientific way of doing it. I'll believe it when I see it or proved otherwise, rise to the challenge and put your money (which I assume you have a lot of if you're wasting it on a mac lololololol) where your mouth is.
Old 20th July 2011, 21:50   #84
Brenz
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo Desire 1.1
Brenz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
. Im just describing how its build quality is much superior to a PC in everyway all pc's are plastic shite
1) PC = Personal Computer. A Mac is a PC.

2) Computers are not made out of plastic. The front is usually made out of Plastic to add a better finish to the machine but behind the case will actually be made out of metal.

Quote:
They dont make sense, you have to defrag your computer etc to keep up its performance like a service they should just work all the time as does a mac.
3) Both Windows OS and OSX have defrag. Defragmenting is the process of grouping together all the data that makes up a file and storing it in a single area on the Hard Drive to reduce seek times on the disk which in turn improves read/write performance.

In this aspect, OSX is actually stupid and Defrags constantly which increases load on the disk, slows performance, slows read/write speeds and causes unneseccary wear on the disk itself. In Windows its an option that can be run manually or scheduled. Under normal usage a computer shouldn't need to be defragmented any more than maybe twice a year at the most and should be done while the computer isnt being used.

Quote:
My mac will outperform your computer end of
4) It wont. Like I have said before, the hardware underneath is EXACTLY the same. Mac's used to use Apples own processors but made the switch to Intel CPU's found in Windows computers back in 2004. Your OS then requires more system resources to run itself which means software has fewer resources to run which will result in slower performance.

Quote:
I can GARUNTEE YOU i could run more programmes than your pc and ANY macbook pro will not slow at all
5) Not possible, unless Apple have mastered quantum computing and secretly built it into a Mac if you run software it WILL slow down.

Thats a bit like saying that it doesnt matter how much you have to carry you can still cover a mile in the same time. If you have programs taking up resources, other programs wont be able to use it and will run slower.
Brenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 22:04   #85
Frankay
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz_pro View Post
LOL cheapskate.....

Your arguments are pathetic, honestly, I won't even bother debating your last comment as it is clear I have huge amounts more of knowledge of computers in general then you.
As ive said im not arguing my dear boy im making an opinion get of your high horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bound View Post
So your mac will out perfom my pc but you can't back it up with figures or benchmarks or stats or proof , the only scientific way of doing it. I'll believe it when I see it or proved otherwise, rise to the challenge and put your money (which I assume you have a lot of if you're wasting it on a mac lololololol) where your mouth is.
Okay give me a challange?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
1) PC = Personal Computer. A Mac is a PC.

2) Computers are not made out of plastic. The front is usually made out of Plastic to add a better finish to the machine but behind the case will actually be made out of metal.

No they really are not. desktops are. laptops are not which is what im talking about.

3) Both Windows OS and OSX have defrag. Defragmenting is the process of grouping together all the data that makes up a file and storing it in a single area on the Hard Drive to reduce seek times on the disk which in turn improves read/write performance.

In this aspect, OSX is actually stupid and Defrags constantly which increases load on the disk, slows performance, slows read/write speeds and causes unneseccary wear on the disk itself. In Windows its an option that can be run manually or scheduled. Under normal usage a computer shouldn't need to be defragmented any more than maybe twice a year at the most and should be done while the computer isnt being used.

I didnt know osx done it in the background. lets be honest thats so much better you never see it happening and it really doesnt affect performance. Ive already said i can run numerous programmes and it doesnt slow so stop bringing up the same point.

4) It wont. Like I have said before, the hardware underneath is EXACTLY the same. Mac's used to use Apples own processors but made the switch to Intel CPU's found in Windows computers back in 2004. Your OS then requires more system resources to run itself which means software has fewer resources to run which will result in slower performance.

Your making pointless points i already know they use processors based on windows computers

5) Not possible, unless Apple have mastered quantum computing and secretly built it into a Mac if you run software it WILL slow down. Yes obviously it slows but its is not noticeable lag in performance i can run unlimited tracks recording and do numerous more tasks without a slow in performance. Whereas windows is a noticeable slow down you see that time glass every two seconds. im just talking from personal experience so please everyone stop moaning. this is an opinion based poll not an argument.

Thats a bit like saying that it doesnt matter how much you have to carry you can still cover a mile in the same time. If you have programs taking up resources, other programs wont be able to use it and will run slower.
Old 20th July 2011, 22:28   #86
Brenz
Regular Poster

Quote:
No they really are not. desktops are. laptops are not which is what im talking about.
You said
Quote:
all pc's are plastic shite
. The term PC covers all standard computers including laptops. And still underneath most new ones are made out of a metal frame.

Remember these that have just been discontinued today? :

Quote:
I didnt know osx done it in the background. lets be honest thats so much better you never see it happening and it really doesnt affect performance. Ive already said i can run numerous programmes and it doesnt slow so stop bringing up the same point.
Like I stated, its not better for the computer. It puts it under unneseccary strain for something that at the end of the day makes very little difference.

Quote:
Your making pointless points i already know they use processors based on windows computers
So why do you claim your Mac will massively outperform a Windows based computer when they are equally matched hardware wise and like I also mentioned Windows gives more resources to software than Mac to make the software run faster.

Quote:
Yes obviously it slows but its is not noticeable lag in performance i can run unlimited tracks recording and do numerous more tasks without a slow in performance. Whereas windows is a noticeable slow down you see that time glass every two seconds. im just talking from personal experience so please everyone stop moaning. this is an opinion based poll not an argument.
Have you used any recent version of Windows? The "time glass" was replaced back in 2006 when Vista was launced.
Old 20th July 2011, 22:43   #87
Frankay
Established Member

Quote:
You said . The term PC covers all standard computers including laptops. And still underneath most new ones are made out of a metal frame.

Remember these that have just been discontinued today? :

Like I stated, its not better for the computer. It puts it under unneseccary strain for something that at the end of the day makes very little difference.

So why do you claim your Mac will massively outperform a Windows based computer when they are equally matched hardware wise and like I also mentioned Windows gives more resources to software than Mac to make the software run faster.

Have you used any recent version of Windows? The "time glass" was replaced back in 2006 when Vista was launced.
Im not on about the old macs numpty. And im sure it does put it under strain in just making my opinion my mac never slows, whenever i use numerous programmes on a pc it slows thats my point end of. And i use windows 7 in university which has taken its layout from mac the theifs!
Old 20th July 2011, 22:52   #88
Brenz
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankay View Post
And i use windows 7 in university which has taken its layout from mac the theifs!
Umm, what part of Windows 7 is like OSX that wasnt in previous versions of Windows?
Old 20th July 2011, 23:14   #89
Frankay
Established Member

The layout at the bottom of the screen. and many other features im not sure of them all, did you not hear that a guy got sacked from microsoft for imitating mac software another fact. look it up.
Old 20th July 2011, 23:38   #90
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
The layout at the bottom of the screen. and many other features im not sure of them all, did you not hear that a guy got sacked from microsoft for imitating mac software another fact. look it up.
I'd rather you provided the evidence since you've mentioned it.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 00:13   #91
Bound
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): 8 Valve 'R.
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Bound is on a distinguished road

Quote:
As ive said im not arguing my dear boy im making an opinion get of your high horse

Okay give me a challange?
The challenge of proving your mac is 'faster' (however you want to determine this is up to you) than my PC. How are you not getting this?
Old 21st July 2011, 00:56   #92
Brenz
Regular Poster

Quote:
You mean the taskbar? The same taskbar that has been in every version of Windows since they launced the GUI and that is also found in most versions of Linux.

Also with regards to someone being sacked, how do u mean imitating?

If you mean by copying OSX designs and features and building them into Windows you do realise that Windows is developed by thousands of people from all over the world and every little detail is decided by a large group of people? A single person wouldn't be able to copy OSX features and build them into Windows.
Old 21st July 2011, 00:59   #93
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Okay boys... nice and easy.

Download SuperPI (for non-efficient multicore number crunching).

Run all the tests from 16k to 32m (will take no more than 15 mins if you've got a decent comp). Take a pic of the times for completion and post them up - state the vital stats

Here's mine...
4.6Ghz quad core - Win7 64bit

Lower the numbers the better.
Old 21st July 2011, 01:34   #94
Brenz
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
Okay boys... nice and easy.

Download SuperPI (for non-efficient multicore number crunching).

Run all the tests from 16k to 32m (will take no more than 15 mins if you've got a decent comp). Take a pic of the times for completion and post them up - state the vital stats

Lower the numbers the better.
Awesome, will run it on my Windows machine and my Mac when I get home from work.
Old 21st July 2011, 01:38   #95
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

Come on mac faggots, post some results! ( awaits some dick like my old uni tutor with some stupidly fast mac pro desktop).
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 03:55   #96
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

I may have opened a can of worns here though because everyone's system is likely to be different... but it's worth a shot anyway!

Ads
Old 21st July 2011, 06:46   #97
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz_pro View Post
Come on mac faggots, post some results! ( awaits some dick like my old uni tutor with some stupidly fast mac pro desktop).
love the "faggot" comment. To be honest, I stopped worrying about specs, or even posting performance specs when I bought my macpro. The fact is, it does what I need and does it stupidly fast indeed. Don't care if that makes me a dick, you can keep your gayproof PC

On the other hand I have seen a couple of slow macpros believe it or not. But they were loaded like donkeys inside out and would crash from time to time. Not a problem from the mac itself, but rather the tech guy who figured out he could plug 20 USB devices, have a fuckton of software plugins and running only from a shitty network. The thing was loaded like a donkey and at some point the midi would crash every 30 seconds as it couldn't supply enough electricity towards everything. It was a general pain in the ass.

Last edited by Manu; 21st July 2011 at 06:49.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 06:48   #98
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
it's called the dock. Every half knowledgeable mac user knows that since it's more or less what you learn first when first using a mac?
Old 21st July 2011, 11:38   #99
Frankay
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
it's called the dock. Every half knowledgeable mac user knows that since it's more or less what you learn first when first using a mac?
I know this i just dont know what its called on a pc
Quote:
You mean the taskbar? The same taskbar that has been in every version of Windows since they launced the GUI and that is also found in most versions of Linux.

Also with regards to someone being sacked, how do u mean imitating?

If you mean by copying OSX designs and features and building them into Windows you do realise that Windows is developed by thousands of people from all over the world and every little detail is decided by a large group of people? A single person wouldn't be able to copy OSX features and build them into Windows.
Im not quite sure tbh but i read that they were taken in to investigation as they said in a conference or something that they had taken ideas from os x and used them, and they were eventually fired pending investigation
Old 26th July 2011, 12:45   #100
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
I know this i just dont know what its called on a pc

taskbar