Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 16th April 2007, 21:47   #1
Hopcraft
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): ED30
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Hopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team member
Default Setting Up Xbox Live (360)

Right, i ask on here, because i cant be bothered to go to a forum or use mister google, because they usually speak double dutch.

Plus i know many people on here have it set up.

What do i need:

I have one computer, with broadband, with a btyahoo speedtouch modem, plug and play thing, no wireless, this being in the computer room.

I also have and xbox 360, this being in my bedroom.

I want to do wireless set up, (makes life easier)

So i need a wireless thing to go in to the back of the 360 i know that but, what else do i need, like what sort of wireless router have you people used, because i went about doing this about a year ago, but with my normal xbox, and we had problems getting the right router, so i gave up.

This time i wanna get it sorted. Any help would be mucho gratcious.
Hopcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2007, 21:55   #2
Clouds_mate
Saxperience Hardcore!

Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!

List of routers can be found here...

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/co.../equipment.htm

Find out which en will work with your connection etc, plug in then play. Simple as that

I use a Netgear router but i have my 360 wired not wireless as its only 2ft away
Clouds_mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2007, 22:25   #3
Hopcraft
Saxperience Post Whore

Hopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team member

was hopeing you'd reply...but thats the double dutch i was talking, i have no exp with wireless, so whats the difference with the G's.. and firewares,, the only firmware i know is my psp. any one with btyahoo, willing to tell be their router !?
Old 16th April 2007, 23:02   #4
Clouds_mate
Saxperience Hardcore!

Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!

I have no idea what router you could use as iv been with my internet provider for over 6 years.

What you could do is call BT. ask them what router is available for your connection. They will tell you this and you can either buy direct from them or source the same router out online or whereever.

BT are partners with Microsoft for Live so if you do call them they will know exactly what router to buy and all that and im guessing will try offer you it pretty cheap.

Feel free to ask away if you need any help
Old 17th April 2007, 00:03   #5
MTR
Frequent Poster
South West Region Member

Car(s): Mark II VTR [Gold]
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
MTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.onlinegaming.bt.com/xboxlive/index.asp

Setup guide

There you go. Any futher questions just ask as i work for BT.
MTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2007, 11:47   #6
barney_2k
Infrequent Poster
South East Region Member

barney_2k will become famous soon enoughbarney_2k will become famous soon enough

tbh any wireless router released in the past year will work

i just use my OEM one that i got for 22 quid off ebay and it works better than out BT Homehub or our old buffalo wireless router

Its simple to set up the wireless with the 360, just follow the instructions on the box

Barney
barney_2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2007, 13:24   #7
Kevvv
Regular Poster

Car(s): 24 days
Kevvv is just really niceKevvv is just really niceKevvv is just really niceKevvv is just really niceKevvv is just really nice

If you sign upto AOL or BT

You can specify what router you require, dont know if you have to pay extra but mine with AOL works fine. Netgear DG484G or sommit like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks125
yeah kev you are 1 of them you fuckin shirt lifter
Kevvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2007, 13:33   #8
Hopcraft
Saxperience Post Whore

im not being stupid but you can use the internet while im playing the xbox live right ?

and do you have to have your computer switched on and connected to use xbox live, because even though i have broadband, i still use start> connect to>bt broadband, and then dial etc.
Old 17th April 2007, 13:43   #9
Clouds_mate
Saxperience Hardcore!

When you get a router, the router is connected 24-7.

Internet will work when the 360 is on.
You dont need the PC on to play the 360 as the connection is in the router which as above is connected 24-7
Old 17th April 2007, 13:46   #10
nufc_lad
Established Member
North East Region Member

nufc_lad has much to be proud ofnufc_lad has much to be proud ofnufc_lad has much to be proud ofnufc_lad has much to be proud ofnufc_lad has much to be proud ofnufc_lad has much to be proud ofnufc_lad has much to be proud ofnufc_lad has much to be proud ofnufc_lad has much to be proud ofnufc_lad has much to be proud of

thats a good site to help you

http://www.xboxlivetheguide.co.uk/
nufc_lad is offline   Reply With Quote