Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 10th July 2009, 18:25   #1
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of
Default Funny box thing.

The funny glowing TV box thing in the corner of the room when pop today so its time to get a new one. Only thing is a do not have a clue on the subject and don't know what's good what's bad and what's just a pile of poo. So I was hoping some one could recommend me a nice new one at a good price. I have up to about £700 to spend though would rather spend half that. The room is quite big so no limit on size, I could probably even fit a nice projector in there. Hmmm projector now thats got me thinking.

Thanks
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 18:32   #2
gazwhittle
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Car(s): Citroen C2 Rthym Soon to be VT* upgrade.
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
gazwhittle has a spectacular aura aboutgazwhittle has a spectacular aura aboutgazwhittle has a spectacular aura about

you on drugs ? nt got a clue what you on about
Old 10th July 2009, 18:37   #3
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazwhittle View Post
you on drugs ? nt got a clue what you on about
lol sorry about that Gaz. What it is my television box had literally gone up in smoke so I am looking for recommendations on something to replace it. I just don't have a clue on the subject so could do with some advice on what to get.
Old 10th July 2009, 18:38   #4
AlexR
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Rep mobiles & Joes ma
iTrader Score: 21 (100%)
AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!

Dabs is the place to shop.

For your sort of budget i'd be looking at a panasonic or samsung LCD
AlexR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 18:41   #5
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

Thanks Alex, This one look OK ? http://www.dabs.com/products/samsung...?refs=15-50429
Old 10th July 2009, 18:49   #6
JoshB
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 2010 E92 320i MSport
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
JoshB is on a distinguished road

I use a projector and wouldnt really recommend it to be honest mate. You have to have the curtains drawn all the time. Its great for playing on COD and watching films though! Just annoying when you want to watch a bit of TV whilst eating your tea and you cant see your plate.

Richer Sounds have got some cracking deals on at the minute. Go for a 1080p compatible telly, theyre cheap enough now and will provide into the future.

Cant go wrong with Sony and Panasonic, the Samsungs look the part but the picture isnt as sharp as the aforementioned.

Good example: http://www.richersounds.com/product/.../pana-txl37s10

--------------------------------
Ooooh, Shiney!
JoshB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 18:59   #7
AlexR
Saxperience Post Whore

AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!

Richer and dabs are usually similar for the same money. If you have a richer locally they are a good bet, bought a lot from them!

Depends which samsung model you go for, they are cheaper for the same spec and VERY close when it comes to quality.

Tom that would do fine.
Old 10th July 2009, 19:11   #8
JoshB
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 2010 E92 320i MSport
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
JoshB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexR View Post
Richer and dabs are usually similar for the same money. If you have a richer locally they are a good bet, bought a lot from them!
Couldnt agree more, if you walk in there with a wad of cash, theyre the most useful guys on the planet. And theyll usually beat internet prices.

Remember when I bought a set of Kef bookshelfs from them, they'd knocked £20 off to start the conversation!

--------------------------------
Ooooh, Shiney!
JoshB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 19:12   #9
Bound
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): 8 Valve 'R.
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Bound is on a distinguished road

Okay, you wanna be looking at these numbers;

HD 1080p. (1080p is best, then 1080i/720p, then720i).
Highest contrast ratio possible (e.g. 25000:1)

I recently got this TV;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-40XV.../dp/B001XRA7QG

Which is absolutely stonking for the money.

You wanna be connecting with HDMI cables for picture quality, no Ariel/Scart cables anymore =].
Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 19:13   #10
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

Thanks for the help, TV ordered
Old 10th July 2009, 19:21   #11
AlexR
Saxperience Post Whore

I am viewing this thread on a 32" samsung LCD, have been using it as a monitor for 18 months
Old 10th July 2009, 19:23   #12
Bound
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): 8 Valve 'R.
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Bound is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexR View Post
I am viewing this thread on a 32" samsung LCD, have been using it as a monitor for 18 months
Yeah, when everyone went on holiday (and left me :/. rofl.). I had the 40" to myself.. was glorious .
Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 19:47   #13
gazwhittle
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Car(s): Citroen C2 Rthym Soon to be VT* upgrade.
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
gazwhittle has a spectacular aura aboutgazwhittle has a spectacular aura aboutgazwhittle has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
I use a projector and wouldnt really recommend it to be honest mate. You have to have the curtains drawn all the time. Its great for playing on COD and watching films though! Just annoying when you want to watch a bit of TV whilst eating your tea and you cant see your plate.

Richer Sounds have got some cracking deals on at the minute. Go for a 1080p compatible telly, theyre cheap enough now and will provide into the future.

Cant go wrong with Sony and Panasonic, the Samsungs look the part but the picture isnt as sharp as the aforementioned.

Good example: http://www.richersounds.com/product/.../pana-txl37s10
until the lamps go and it cost half as much as the projector is worth

i work for a enteretainment company who rent stages out ect ect and one of our projector lamps went (£1600 projector) and the lam cost just short of 700 plus vat.

people may disagree but go for a jvc lcd mate 5 year warranty sells it tbh plus my dads 40 inch jvc was only £600.