Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > XBox Chat

XBox Chat Please use this forum to discuss X-box related topics.

Old 8th February 2010, 21:16   #1
PSPDan
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
PSPDan is on a distinguished road
Default Is it possible?

I already have an Elite.. And my brother is buying himself one for his room. But we don't want to buy extra copies of all our games, so I was wondering, can you install the game to the hard drive of one, and use the game disc on the other, and play them simultaneously?
PSPDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 22:14   #2
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Cupped RS Clio 200
Penn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud of

No, game disc must be in the console even when installed on the HDD.
Old 8th February 2010, 22:33   #3
PSPDan
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Ah ok that sucks. Thanks.
Old 8th February 2010, 23:08   #4
Steve_90
Established Member
Central South Region Member

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Steve_90 will become famous soon enoughSteve_90 will become famous soon enough

If you need the disc, whats the benefit of installing it to the hd?
Old 8th February 2010, 23:12   #5
shady22
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Cammed vts
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
shady22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_90 View Post
xbox runs much quieter as the disk doesnt actualy spin
shady22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 23:12   #6
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Cupped RS Clio 200
Penn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_90 View Post
Doesn't load any game content from the disc. It checks it at startup and checks it continuously whilst playing the game to see if it's in the tray.
Old 9th February 2010, 00:37   #7
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPDan View Post
I already have an Elite.. And my brother is buying himself one for his room. But we don't want to buy extra copies of all our games, so I was wondering, can you install the game to the hard drive of one, and use the game disc on the other, and play them simultaneously?
I do it all the time. You still have to use the game disc to load the game every time you turn your xbox on though. Some of the 360's no not know when you use the hard eject to pop out a disc. So all you do is turn it on with the disc in and boot the game. Then hang about until the game disc stops spinning and the eject it using the hard eject pin trick. Then stick the disc in your other 360 and your away. But there is a very real chance of killing your disc if you open it with it still spinning. Apparently it does not work on all 360's as well.
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 01:05   #8
PSPDan
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXracing View Post
I do it all the time. You still have to use the game disc to load the game every time you turn your xbox on though. Some of the 360's no not know when you use the hard eject to pop out a disc. So all you do is turn it on with the disc in and boot the game. Then hang about until the game disc stops spinning and the eject it using the hard eject pin trick. Then stick the disc in your other 360 and your away. But there is a very real chance of killing your disc if you open it with it still spinning. Apparently it does not work on all 360's as well.
Hard eject pin trick?

I tried ejecting a game earlier after booting it off the HD, and it went straight to dashboard.
Old 9th February 2010, 19:06   #9
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

If you press the eject button the Xbox knows the tray is open so it will not work. If you take the face plate off the 360 you will see 3 holes just under the drive. If you poke something in there the tray will open. I use a bit of welding rod but a paper clip will do. Depending on the drive you have will depend on the hole you have to use. Then with some but not all 360s will just keep running. So you just stick your disc in the other and both 360s can run from the 1 disc. Just be positive the disc is NOT spinning when you open it. As I say it does not work on all Xboxs as some will register the drive as open.
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 19:46   #10
Ste-88
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): GTiT
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!

Flash one or remove the case of one then manualy lift the disk out of the tray and load into other one.

Either that or jTag.

Personally I'd flash, since LT is out now.
Ste-88 is offline   Reply With Quote