Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 21st February 2023, 09:06   #21
pyxq

pyxq is on a distinguished road

Its stock interior afaik
pyxq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2023, 15:52   #22
pyxq

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinObviously View Post
Hmm, I'm wondering if there's a problem with one of the main relays then.

The engine loom and ECU run standalone through the ignition switch, but all the interior things are usually switched by a relay. That relay usually disengages when the starter is engaged (your radio goes off etc). You have the opposite problem.

Is this a standard car? Or have you changed the locks or interior loom as part of a conversion? There are around 4 types of ignition switch wiring where the colours changed, but the plugs still fit each other. That could give you the possibility of reversing relay functions etc.
My previous one was with 2 connectors and the new one is with 3 connectors
Old 21st February 2023, 18:25   #23
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyxq View Post
My previous one was with 2 connectors and the new one is with 3 connectors
Your old ignition switch was 2 plugs with 4 wires

new one is 3 plugs with 6 wires?

I'm saying the plug colours do not match up. The colours of the wires should, if you have tried swapping them.
Old 26th February 2023, 15:07   #24
pyxq

Quote:
Your old ignition switch was 2 plugs with 4 wires

new one is 3 plugs with 6 wires?

I'm saying the plug colours do not match up. The colours of the wires should, if you have tried swapping them.
ye new one 3 plugs with 6 wires

cars loom has 2 plugs, 1 with light brown and light blue
other plug has 3wires 1 with small orange and white, other light brown
red going to light blue and white going to light brown
Old 26th February 2023, 17:58   #25
welshpug
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): ZX 16v, 205 GTI, 309 Goodwood, 405 MI16.
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
welshpug is on a distinguished road

that would be quite an obvious place to start, fit the proper ignition switch.
welshpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2023, 06:27   #26
pyxq

didn't work with the original switch either
Old 1st March 2023, 00:55   #27
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum

Definitely not 3 plugs on the loom side at all? I'm pretty sure there should be.

Can you post a picture of how your wiring is connected now. Clear photos of the wires at each plug.

I think the pinout is wrong and this setup has never worked.

I have an early interior loom and ignition switch hanging up in my garage. I will check it and compare in a day or so when I'm next there.
Old 1st March 2023, 10:46   #28
pyxq

Quote:
Definitely not 3 plugs on the loom side at all? I'm pretty sure there should be.

Can you post a picture of how your wiring is connected now. Clear photos of the wires at each plug.

I think the pinout is wrong and this setup has never worked.

I have an early interior loom and ignition switch hanging up in my garage. I will check it and compare in a day or so when I'm next there.
New setup with the new ignition switch is not working. Well neither did the original setup. And I'm 110% certain the cars side only has 2 plugs, as did the original ignition switch. Everything else works, but only the dials+oil light+temp light, handbrake light not working. I think they have a different +12v input compared to the high beam and indicator lights. Even the correct +12v input could help me out so i could wire it to get power from somewhere else
Old 1st March 2023, 23:29   #29
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
New setup with the new ignition switch is not working. Well neither did the original setup. And I'm 110% certain the cars side only has 2 plugs, as did the original ignition switch. Everything else works, but only the dials+oil light+temp light, handbrake light not working. I think they have a different +12v input compared to the high beam and indicator lights. Even the correct +12v input could help me out so i could wire it to get power from somewhere else
What I am asking, is, did you buy this car with the fault?

It sounds to me like the ignition wiring is incorrect, I've never seen a loom with only 2 plugs.

The wires on the ignition switch side and the interior loom size normally MATCH colours for their respective pin, but sometimes when things get changed over the years the PLUG colours do not match.

i.e white wire goes to a white wire through a brown plug. Blue wire goes to the blue wire etc.

The only complication is the red ones, as they have different functions. These are the ones which when they are back to front would give you those symptoms.
Old 2nd March 2023, 03:40   #30
pyxq

Quote:
What I am asking, is, did you buy this car with the fault?

It sounds to me like the ignition wiring is incorrect, I've never seen a loom with only 2 plugs.

The wires on the ignition switch side and the interior loom size normally MATCH colours for their respective pin, but sometimes when things get changed over the years the PLUG colours do not match.

i.e white wire goes to a white wire through a brown plug. Blue wire goes to the blue wire etc.

The only complication is the red ones, as they have different functions. These are the ones which when they are back to front would give you those symptoms.
Car didnt have the fault when I bought it. It started when I started fixing the airbag fault, and tried fixing the airbag using a jumper wire from the katalysator light.
Old 2nd March 2023, 17:24   #31
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Car didnt have the fault when I bought it. It started when I started fixing the airbag fault, and tried fixing the airbag using a jumper wire from the katalysator light.
I see, okay. So you have back fed the airbag light from the catalyst light so they both come on at the same time?

I guess you have already tried removing the jumper wire? Not all of the warning lamps are positively switched, some are negative.

If you're feeding 12v from that light, onto a circuit that's not supposed to have it, that could cause the problem. You would have to trace the circuit path on the board.
Old 3rd March 2023, 10:51   #32
pyxq

Quote:
I see, okay. So you have back fed the airbag light from the catalyst light so they both come on at the same time?

I guess you have already tried removing the jumper wire? Not all of the warning lamps are positively switched, some are negative.

If you're feeding 12v from that light, onto a circuit that's not supposed to have it, that could cause the problem. You would have to trace the circuit path on the board.
It did the same with the jumper disconnected, I taped over the airbag traces and just had a bulb kinda hanging there. Is there a schematic for the cluster wiring, that could help me make a fix to get the dials working. I really don't mind if I need to make something as long as I get my dials working.
Old 5th March 2023, 00:18   #33
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
It did the same with the jumper disconnected, I taped over the airbag traces and just had a bulb kinda hanging there. Is there a schematic for the cluster wiring, that could help me make a fix to get the dials working. I really don't mind if I need to make something as long as I get my dials working.
Umm not sure, most of the ones online are generic diagrams.

There is a guide for dash cluster wiring on here though, I can't find it. It's definitely here though!

there's one for the later digital dials and the older 4 plug analogue clocks. You would be able to check the loom with a multimeter with it.