Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Newbies Forum...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Newbies Forum... This is a place for new members to pop in and say Hi... Don't be shy.

Old 19th February 2023, 08:59   #1
Pantelispetman

Pantelispetman is on a distinguished road
Default New owner of Citroen saxo.

Hello guys I finally have a saxo 1.4 with i guess 75 hp. I think its a bit dull but I want to keep it for a project car. I want to slowly change it repaint it upgrade its traction with better tires, suspension and brakes. But after summer I want to change its engine to a vts after completing all these 3 steps i mentioned. But I dont know how to find the correct vts engine for my car (1.4 vts look 2003). I dont know if it will fit on the gearbox and I dont know what else do I need for the engine swap. I read here about engine swaps. Some people said you will need the engine the loom (some people said 3plug and 1plug but I dont understand what this is) and the ecu. Others said you need a new gearbox new drive axles new fusebox. I am fun of the world of cars and I love these iron things with wheels and I want to upgrade them or maybe downgrade them because some people think that if you change things on your car is bad. But if you can help me find out what to do i will be glad that you helped me. So the question is how to define the correct engine with the correct loom and ecu. (I am going to buy new radiator with 2 fans,new suspension new brakes and tires as I said earlier I will buy racing flywheel and double clutch if you know what this is because I want it to perform correctly. I throw gears in the box a bit harder that other drivers )
Pantelispetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2023, 22:08   #2
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

The gearbox in your car will physically fit ANY other TU engine from a Saxo/106/AX. The 200mm clutch for the 16v will work just fine.

You do not need to change the drive axles/shafts.

You do not need to change the fuse box.

There will be no change needed for your interior wiring loom.

you do not need a radiator with 2 fans, unless you have air conditioning.

Racing flywheel and twin clutch is a waste of time unless you're going racing competitively.

Your car is from 2003, it is a 3 plug model. 3 plug means the ECU is 3 plug type.

There is no risk of "crossover" in 2003 either. Crossover is a mix of 3 plug and single plug loom usually around 1999/2000.

Single plug is 1 big ECU plug from 1996-1999.

You need a Saxo 1.6 16v engine, engine loom and ECU, with immobiliser disabled OR with the black immobiliser box plus key to match to swap with your 1.4 immobiliser on your interior loom.
Old 4th March 2023, 15:14   #3
Pantelispetman

Pantelispetman is on a distinguished road
Talking

Thank you my friend you are da best 👌 Hope to inform you when the swap is done and working fine. Am a very happy boy 🤓
Pantelispetman is offline   Reply With Quote