Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 27th February 2009, 09:25   #21
Mark51p
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Golf GT
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
One rule for us and one rule for others.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=210656

That isn't Adams....!
Don't see how this matter Luke, scott22 has been a member for more than 30 days and has over 100 posts - http://www.saxperience.com/forum/member.php?u=20787

read the rules which are posted at the top of the for sale sections - Click me for rules

after reading these you should have read the first paragraph which i have quoted below

Quote:
Members require 'Regular Member' status to advertise items for sale or wanted, within the Saxperience Community. This means that you MUST have made atleast 100 posts within the forum and your account must have been registered for atleast 30 days in order to post within the For Sale and Wanted forums.
please look at the words in bold. for example, your sisters boyfriend or your best mates dad is not a regular member neither have they made 100 posts within the forum or been a member for 30 days. So therfore do not meet the criteria needed to post within the For Sale/Wanted forums. These measures have been put in place to try and protect genuine members and to try and avoid members getting scammed out of their cash.

as for ebay links, see the quotation below taken directly from the rules

Quote:
Please refrain from posting ebay links. It is possible for members to look on ebay for said items at their own leisure.
says it all about the ebay issue. However, this doesnt say anything about Piston Head links but the same rule can be applied, nothing hard in copy and pasting the details from your piston heads advert into a thread in the For Sale section.

Last edited by Mark51; 27th February 2009 at 09:27.
Mark51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 09:30   #22
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Charming car
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!

That's cool Mark, i understand that. Maybe the rules should be changed from 'advertise' to 'advertise and sell'?
Danr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 09:34   #23
Mark51p
Super Moderator

Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!

advertise and sell? you need to advertise to sell soooo......
Old 27th February 2009, 09:35   #24
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!

But surely if i was going to sell a car for a friend then i would be able to advertise? Being a member.

Not trying to be obstructive Mark
Old 27th February 2009, 09:52   #25
Mark51p
Super Moderator

sell/advertise = tomatoe/tomartoe (spelt wrong but you get the idea)

doesnt matter how you look at the rules, they are clear enough for the magority of the members to understand them.
Old 27th February 2009, 09:53   #26
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Fair enough buddy.
Old 27th February 2009, 10:21   #27
barrettp
Super Moderator

Car(s): Focus
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!

I have updated the rules now to clear any confusion.

Quote:
Advertising and selling items on behalf of others is not permitted.
Quote:
Please refrain from posting links to other websites, e.g. other owners club forums, ebay, piston heads etc. It is possible for members to look on these sites for said items at their own leisure.
Thankyou for the feedback folks.

As you are all aware there are risks with selling / buying on forums, and sax-p are trying our hardest to protect our members from fraudulent users. This is why the rules are in place in the for sale section.

Selling 'on behalf of a friend' can and has been used by members to scam other members. Also when the friend then messes the buyer around and the buyer then comes back online angry with that member he/she will call them for everything on the site. Unfortunately as with most things, this action will be limiting for the majority in an attempt to restrict the minority.

If you have any other feedback then do let us know, either by posting in here, or sending a staff member a PM.

Hope that clears up some of the confusion over this.

Mike
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 12:31   #28
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): '15 Focus ST-2
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark51 View Post
Don't see how this matter Luke, scott22 has been a member for more than 30 days and has over 100 posts - http://www.saxperience.com/forum/member.php?u=20787

read the rules which are posted at the top of the for sale sections - Click me for rules

after reading these you should have read the first paragraph which i have quoted below

please look at the words in bold. for example, your sisters boyfriend or your best mates dad is not a regular member neither have they made 100 posts within the forum or been a member for 30 days. So therfore do not meet the criteria needed to post within the For Sale/Wanted forums. These measures have been put in place to try and protect genuine members and to try and avoid members getting scammed out of their cash.

as for ebay links, see the quotation below taken directly from the rules

says it all about the ebay issue. However, this doesnt say anything about Piston Head links but the same rule can be applied, nothing hard in copy and pasting the details from your piston heads advert into a thread in the For Sale section.
At the time the thread was originally posted, I wasn't to know scott22 was a member on here though?

The rules are correct yes, but I didn't know at the time so it's not my fault for not knowing he was a member on there.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 14:06   #29
Mark51p
Super Moderator

Luke at the time the thread was posted scott22 was a member and a simple search would have shown this
Old 28th February 2009, 15:25   #30
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): '15 Focus ST-2
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!

I don't think you understand what I am meaning.

Adam advertised the car and there was no mention that he was posting on behalf of a member so I wasn't supposed to know who it was. It looked like to me he was just advertising A car that didn't belong to him.

Not been arsey, but at the time I didn't know whos the car was but Adam then PM'd me and told me.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:08   #31
WalzVTR
Frequent Poster

WalzVTR is on a distinguished road

i advertised for a mate who was on 65 odd posts it got locked due to the above so he just spammed up to 100 to be able to post.

You tell me which would have been better?

I know this rule is what it is and im not being arguementative just my 2 penneths.
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:23   #32
Hannah
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Stannah Stairlift
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!

I've also wondered this... I understand that you don't want members to be scammed etc. But surely if someones willing to advertise for their friend then they should know that they'll get shit should it turn out to be a scam?...

I know it's not only me thats noticed it but this site is over moderated. You can't do anything these days without a mod locking a thread etc.

If someone wants to advertise there car, then let them. If it turns out to be a scam then the buyer should be more wary and the user should face the shit they'll get. I'm not saying lose the 100 posts or anything but if someone wanted to scam then I know they'll hang around spamming for a month... and that all of a sudden makes them a trusted member?...

Anyways I'm rambling.
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:37   #33
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

you guys are looking to minimise scams and that's (of course) cool.

but if someone is completely and utterly retarded enough to give £xxx's for some amazingly cheap products to some cock that they've had no dealings with in the past, no address, no iTrade and know very little about them etc etc then they've only got them stupid selves to blame and can't go hitting back at saxp for shit.

you can nanny it as much as possible (i don't mean that rudely btw), but if someone is truly willing and cunning combined with someone truly stupid then there is always going to be tears. you may as well remove the For Sale section all together.

I mean christ, I pm'd the nik twat when he was selling those angel eyes... asked if I could collect, 'yes mate but only if you paypal first then we'll arrange a free day', i smelt a cunt right away. Isn't rocket science.

Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:41   #34
Hannah
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Stannah Stairlift
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post

but if someone is completely and utterly retarded enough to give £xxx's for some amazingly cheap products to some cock that they've had no dealings with in the past, no address, no iTrade and know very little about them etc etc then they've only got them stupid selves to blame and can't go hitting back at saxp for shit.

you can nanny it as much as possible (i don't mean that rudely btw), but if someone is truly willing and cunning combined with someone truly stupid then there is always going to be tears. you may as well remove the For Sale section all together.

I mean christ, I pm'd the nik twat when he was selling those angel eyes... asked if I could collect, 'yes mate but only if you paypal first then we'll arrange a free day', i smelt a cunt right away. Isn't rocket science.

Thats exactly what I mean. It's the buyers fault if they hand over cash and it's a scam. Sax-p should just say that they accept no liability for any scams.
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:53   #35
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post

Amen.

However people are just that gullible and because of that we have had to implement the rules to try and protect those who cant protect themselves. Even today I received a pm from a member who feels they have been ripped off. I cant make it any clearer that Saxperience are not involved in sales and effectively are bound by law in that we cannot help any further i.e. give addresses, IP addresses etc...

I have lost count of the amount of threats we have had about getting in lawyers involved as we wont give details etc... to which I normally reply: please do. Then at least we might be able to help once the police are involved.

I think we have implemented all we can to help and I agree that some rules are a little restricitive to those who can and will trade properly but as per usual the few have spoiled it for the many

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:09   #36
Paulp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Astra VXR + 1989 Astra GTE
iTrader Score: 37 (100%)
Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!

Hows this guy by passing the rule?
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...34#post3044734

Agreement with Simo or something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12u55 View Post
14 inches or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns9900 View Post
sorry bud, too big for me. GLWS tho
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:21   #37
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Good point. Let me look into

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:23   #38
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!

This has been going on for a while?

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=197463
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:58   #39
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danr View Post
This has been going on for a while?

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=197463
Yeh, i started that thread before all this selling for a friend thing was brought up.

He hasnt got access to the internet due to where he lives. Ive sold stuff for him before, and he sends out on same day delivery so ive actually got itrader feedback on his behalf if you understand.

Heres the thread i sold for him.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=191650

positive feedback as he sent on same day delivery. So he aint no fraudster.

Also, im hardly gonna put my reputation on the line, as i sell and buy on here aswell.
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:59   #40
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!

No but rules are rules buddy.

He hasn't got 100 posts or been a member for a month.