Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 23rd May 2007, 13:13   #21
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sy_VTR View Post
who gives a fuk about post count it not a competition, is worse than being at school in this place more rules that ewt. surely you can just stop the counter counting in the newbies section, if not who gives a fuk!
Rules in place to govern. Part of the problem with new people boosting post counts is to allow them access to the for sale sections which in turn means people can be ripped off which is a huge issue.

So i give a fuk.

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 13:14   #22
Scottp
Administrator

Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Also if there is no competition in post count why do so many people do it?? and why does it have to be governed.

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Old 23rd May 2007, 13:28   #23
MaRiO89
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!

If this forum had no rules it would be a shambles..

Thats why there are rules..

There is competition in post counts, hence why in spam threads people put "post count +1".. i mean WTF! How is that a constructive post that contributes to a forum..

I would hate to see the post count go all together as its nice to have a healthy post count, but its how you get it which is the problem imo..
Old 23rd May 2007, 14:54   #24
liamk15
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): Type-r
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!

would of been better to put a time limit on the for sale section instead of posts.
Old 23rd May 2007, 15:02   #25
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamk15 View Post
would of been better to put a time limit on the for sale section instead of posts.
spiffin idea boy
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 15:05   #26
sy_VTR
Established Member

Car(s): BLACK MK2 VTR, MK1 POSI VTS
sy_VTR is infamous around these partssy_VTR is infamous around these partssy_VTR is infamous around these partssy_VTR is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Rules in place to govern. Part of the problem with new people boosting post counts is to allow them access to the for sale sections which in turn means people can be ripped off which is a huge issue.

So i give a fuk.
thats the risk you take buying things on the net! if your not willing to take the proper precautions by using paypal or wateva for example: if you get ripped off via paypal im pretty darn sure you can claim your money back!
sy_VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 15:07   #27
saxodan
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Golf
saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
thats the risk you take buying things on the net! if your not willing to take the proper precautions by using paypal or wateva for example: if you get ripped off via paypal im pretty darn sure you can claim your money back!
Takes time, effot and a lot of hassle

Much easier to make it safer using time limits (a posted above) and post counts
saxodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 15:10   #28
sy_VTR
Established Member

sy_VTR is infamous around these partssy_VTR is infamous around these partssy_VTR is infamous around these partssy_VTR is infamous around these parts

so wats the problem, people should take into account that wooow this guy has 51 posts i dont think ill buy off him, you know what i mean, i understand that some rules in this place are needed to kepp the dicks form spoiling it, but taking post counts of is a bit ott. if i rembver wrightly about two months ago i wa on 1600 posts then went back down to 900, who cares as long as it doesnt affect my right to go anywer on the site i.e for sale section, i aint asssed, its the people who have thousands of posts that seem to be so bothered, are you afraid they might have more than you!
Old 23rd May 2007, 15:12   #29
sy_VTR
Established Member

ass for time limit i think thats pretty fair on items for sale, as i would imagine by having pages of for sale items, somewhere along the line something will be affected by this, could cost money or slow the site, i dont know im not entirely clued up on web hosting!
Old 23rd May 2007, 15:58   #30
Scottp
Administrator

Quote:
Paypal can only give back from what is in a persons account. If they immediately claim the funds to their bank account pay pal cant do shit.

Old 23rd May 2007, 16:00   #31
Scottp
Administrator

Quote:
so wats the problem, people should take into account that wooow this guy has 51 posts i dont think ill buy off him, you know what i mean, i understand that some rules in this place are needed to kepp the dicks form spoiling it, but taking post counts of is a bit ott. if i rembver wrightly about two months ago i wa on 1600 posts then went back down to 900, who cares as long as it doesnt affect my right to go anywer on the site i.e for sale section, i aint asssed, its the people who have thousands of posts that seem to be so bothered, are you afraid they might have more than you!
Whoah, no one is saying remove post counts completely. What we are aiming for is to stop spamming of the newbies section while allowing new users to properly develop a post account on the forum. Im not bothered if anyone has more posts than me and shortly they will have as im being caught up fast

Old 23rd May 2007, 18:29   #32
S34MER
East Midlands
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Skoda Fabia VRS
iTrader Score: 18 (100%)
S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!

i love this idea! its really annoys me to visit the newbies section, and see one person write "hello and welcome" in 5-6 different threads, just to boost their post count!

Turbo Diesel is where the future lies

Bow to the VRS
S34MER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 18:32   #33
S34MER
East Midlands
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Skoda Fabia VRS
iTrader Score: 18 (100%)
S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post

So i give a fuk.
exactly, people look past that though!

Quote:
you can, but:
1. its a shit load of hassle
2. it takes ages to claim it back

also if you could just sign upto a forum and start pretending to sell stuff as a scammer. then loads of people would get shafted! if they are made to post at least 50 times, then at least this way you can look at their posts and get some understanding of their personality and background!

i know the for sure that its saved me from getting done over in the past! i nearly paid out £120 to a newbie for a set of morrette headlights, but if it wasn't for me checking the members previous posts, then i would have! as it happens the guy was a completetoss pot, and is now in Prison, as Ma5on if you don't believe me, he got screwed by the same fella!

so post counts DO MATTER!

Turbo Diesel is where the future lies

Bow to the VRS

Last edited by S34MER; 23rd May 2007 at 18:38.
S34MER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 10:28   #34
sy_VTR
Established Member

if your so bothered about scamming, close the site, becasue anything anybody does you complain! people like mods think they have big powers, when in actual fact they just sit at the computer all day and night tossing them selves off and looking at there windows at there sax!
Old 24th May 2007, 10:30   #35
saxodan
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Golf
saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
if your so bothered about scamming, close the site, becasue anything anybody does you complain! people like mods think they have big powers, when in actual fact they just sit at the computer all day and night tossing them selves off and looking at there windows at there sax!
haha

have you been spying one me..

except im not a mod
saxodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 10:32   #36
djrem
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Various.
djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S34MER View Post
i love this idea! its really annoys me to visit the newbies section, and see one person write "hello and welcome" in 5-6 different threads, just to boost their post count!
i spend too much time on here as it is so i try and steer away from the newbies section
djrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 10:47   #37
Japman
Saxperience Addict
South Wales Region MemberNorth Wales Region Member

Car(s): Spam Wagon
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!

I always say hello to newbies,not to boast my post count,too be nice and welcome people,so then they will tell theyre friends how good and friendly this site is,then we will get more members
Japman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 10:50   #38
Tupps
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 172 Cup
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!Tupps is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxodan View Post
haha

have you been spying one me..

except im not a mod
And you dont have a sax!
Tupps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 11:03   #39
djrem
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Various.
djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupps View Post
And you dont have a sax!
neither do you.

whats it matter though
djrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 11:09   #40
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
clearly basing this on own personal experiences i gather.
no need really is there? This thread has actually raised a few good points. you've just put together a poorly spelt load of crap moan-a-thon and made yourself look a goon in the process.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote