Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Bug Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Bug Reports If you've seen a problem on the site, let us know here! (non-member posting allowed)

Old 30th July 2006, 13:40   #1
DarylVTR
Saxperience Post Whore

DarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team member
Question Viewing Sax-p With Firefox

Might just be my computer but it keeps crashing firefox when browsing the sax-p forums? Its only started doing it recently but it only happens when im on sax-p no other sites?!??!
Old 30th July 2006, 13:56   #2
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

im on firefox. and its fine for me..

its fine on safari aswell. lol
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2006, 13:57   #3
saxodan
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Golf
saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!

Have the same problem!!

I downloaded the recent update and it was fine, the problem for me was if i had more than 1 tab open it would freeze and only let me view the current window and not the rest of the tabs?!

Works fine now i have the firefox update.

Weird..

Dan
saxodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2006, 16:21   #4
DarylVTR
Saxperience Post Whore

DarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team member

i cant even type a reply it just says not responding and exits the browser!!

I think it updated itself a few days ago ?!

what update did you get dan?
Old 30th July 2006, 16:23   #5
saxodan
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Golf
saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarylVTR
i cant even type a reply it just says not responding and exits the browser!!

I think it updated itself a few days ago ?!

what update did you get dan?

Erm to be honest i didnt check! It just did it automaticly and i didn't pay much attention

I also had a java update that may have solved it? Although this forum is not java based so i very much doubt it!

Dan
saxodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2006, 16:25   #6
jclaydon
Established Member
East Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): zetec s
jclaydon is a jewel in the roughjclaydon is a jewel in the roughjclaydon is a jewel in the roughjclaydon is a jewel in the rough

I've not had any probems with it crashing sax-p. It crashes the BBC sport website when i watch videos and audio. Aswell as some other sites, i got an update a few weeks ago which hasnt helped the situation.

Last edited by jclaydon; 30th July 2006 at 16:32.
jclaydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2006, 16:30   #7
DarylVTR
Saxperience Post Whore

hmm odd i do have a problem with java on my pc it wont install it says its already installed when its not and i cant find the files but i guess il have to try unistalling firefox and start fresh, maybe it picked up a problem when i updated!
Old 30th July 2006, 17:35   #8
Markp
SAXP Code Monkey

Mark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud of

The first thing to do with firefox is to disable all extensions. Most problems with Firefox are caused by extensions rather than Firefox itself. Plain HTML shouldn't cause a crash (whether it's valid or not).

Very puzzling.

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it" - Upton Sinclair
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2006, 17:10   #9
DarylVTR
Saxperience Post Whore

ahh cool cheers i un-installed the extensions now it seems to be running ok cheers mark
Old 4th August 2006, 00:53   #10
Dan
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Leon FR
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!

I use firefox all the time and have no issues or problems when on saxperience.
Old 4th August 2006, 02:10   #11
Markp
SAXP Code Monkey

Mark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud of

Quote:
ahh cool cheers i un-installed the extensions now it seems to be running ok cheers mark
That's good news, any idea which extension was causing the problem?

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it" - Upton Sinclair
Old 4th August 2006, 02:31   #12
lynchy_1984
Regular Poster

lynchy_1984 will become famous soon enough

anyone no how to completly remove internet explorer? it opens it's self every now and then
lynchy_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2006, 15:33   #13
DarylVTR
Saxperience Post Whore

yes!

In Windows XP,

START > CONTROL PANEL > ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS > LEFT HAND SIDE CLICK 'ADD / REMOVE WINDOWS COMPONENTS > UNTICK INTERNET EXPLORER.

As for the extensions i dont know think it was a download manager that put them into tabs in the broswer? It was fine, then it said update and did that and started doing it again , now its fine, very odd!
Old 4th August 2006, 17:08   #14
DarylVTR
Saxperience Post Whore

take it from my rep point you managed to remove it lynchy
Old 4th August 2006, 19:53   #15
Markp
SAXP Code Monkey

lol @ rep points.
I think because I'm admin everyone assumes this is my job so I never get given any rep.

Old 5th August 2006, 00:30   #16
DarylVTR
Saxperience Post Whore

lol i gave you some rep to keep you happy
Old 5th August 2006, 00:36   #17
lynchy_1984
Regular Poster

lynchy_1984 will become famous soon enough

Yeah i was getting sick of those internet explorer pop-up's. Thanks
lynchy_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2006, 04:18   #18
Markp
SAXP Code Monkey

Quote:
lol i gave you some rep to keep you happy
Cheers
I see lots of rep points being awarded all over the place, but I never seem to get any - One of the hazards of the job I guess.
I don't mind though, it's good to see the system grow now that people have gotten used to how it works.

Everyone who uses Firefox rather than Internet Explorer should probably be given more rep points! :

Old 7th August 2006, 12:35   #19
SaxOmniaC
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): none at present
iTrader Score: -1 (0%)
SaxOmniaC is a name known to allSaxOmniaC is a name known to allSaxOmniaC is a name known to allSaxOmniaC is a name known to allSaxOmniaC is a name known to allSaxOmniaC is a name known to all

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i use firefox lmao
SaxOmniaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2006, 17:27   #20
DarylVTR
Saxperience Post Whore

hmm its a problem with firefox in general it keeps saying not responding all the lboody time now it updated itself again, so back to square 1