Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18th June 2007, 18:34   #10
Certi
Saxperience Post Whore
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Civic Type R
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Certi is absolutely fabulous!Certi is absolutely fabulous!Certi is absolutely fabulous!Certi is absolutely fabulous!Certi is absolutely fabulous!Certi is absolutely fabulous!Certi is absolutely fabulous!Certi is absolutely fabulous!Certi is absolutely fabulous!Certi is absolutely fabulous!Certi is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
the civic si isnt a vtec engine ? the vtecs on the game type r n tegs both have like torque at like 7k n redline at nearly 9k where as the si only has torque like 3 and redline like 7 i think, i did a race with it yesterday on manual gears didnt hear any vtec note, just the same note thats from most car, there is a few different engine tones
Quote:
This new Civic Si uses the new K series engine, and for this Si model, the K20A3 i-VTEC that puts out 160 hp at 6,500 rpm and 132 lb-ft of torque at 5,000 rpm. 0-60 mph times are at about 7.5 seconds as a result of not having LSD (limited slip differential), and having to shift into third gear to get to 60. First gear ends at about 30, second ends at 55, and third ends at 82 mph. The car has a 6,800 rpm redline with a 7,100 rpm cutoff.
The Si isn't the same engine as the Type Rs but it's still got VTEC . If you listen you can definetly hear it coming in, it's around 4/5k rpm IIRC but you can definetly hear it.

Last edited by Certi; 18th June 2007 at 18:47.