Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Saxperience Announcements & Updates > Suspected Scammer Info

Suspected Scammer Info Unfortunately an increasing number of members are being scammed, despite strict trading guidelines being in place. Please use this forum to collate all information about suspected scammers, to make investigation/prosecution easier.

Old 20th February 2012, 18:22   #1
Delboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Audi A3
iTrader Score: 10 (92%)
Delboy is on a distinguished road
Default possible scammer?

Bought a bonnet off of skids_vts on Saturday 11th - agreement was £50 posted, plus fees came to £52. i paid via Goods on paypal.

thread here of pics and some info.
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...=406244&page=5

i will print screen messages if needs be, but the agreement was it would be posted on tuesday to arrive on wednesday morning, which he told me on the tuesday i was expecting it. i wasn't bothered, only an extra day to wait.

wednesday came, nothing arrived. texted him, turns out he hadn't even sent it off. i was annoyed as tuesday and weds mornings are my only mornings off, i work all other days. he said he would get it sent off weds for delivery thursday.

thursday came, nothing again, he said "i did say id get it to you by friday" which he didnt, at all.

friday came, and nothing still. texted him and he said he has sent out the items through paisley freight and has had issues with them...which i can understand, but..

he gave me a tracking number which said he had sent the item out thursday and its heading to bristol, i live in bournemouth.
he sent me another "tracking number" which doesnt exist.

he then told me he has somehow re-sent the items through TNT now, god knows how he got the items back and sent them through another company, but he said await a new tracking number. i was annoyed as i expected the item tuesday/wednesday but its only a few days, i can deal with that.

he then said i would be expecting delivery Wednesday the 22nd. which is totally by-passing saturday, monday and tuesday. said he would give me another tracking number, but he still hasnt supplied one after asking twice.

monday and nothing has arrived.

i may be jumping the gun, everything may be legit and i may be impatient, but to me it seems ABIT dodgy, no valid tracking number and over 7 working days and nothings arrived..

ive asked for a refund but he said he wont give it to me until i wait till wednesday, fair or not i dont really have a choice lol but if its not here wednesday i will open up a paypal claim etc.

has anyone else had problems with this guy?

£52 isnt the smallest amount of money and i just dont want to be played about (obviously) sorry if im jumping to conclusions but from my point of view it seems abit dodgy.

cheers
Old 20th February 2012, 18:57   #2
rich112
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Mango cammed furio vts
iTrader Score: 20 (95%)
rich112 is on a distinguished road

I felt the same way until parcel arrived today. Was all happy unwrapped it only to find only 2 of 4 items which were agreed in the parcel. One item being a Vts rad which is absolutely anihallated and warped which I was told was near new, fuel line missing, hoses missing but got dials which we had agreed. He has offered a very small refund which Is a joke so currently awaiting a reply.
rich112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2012, 18:59   #3
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!
West Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta ST150
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!

so not only is he abit of a knob when just writing in threads, he sucks at selling....brilliant! Hope it gets sorted asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordansowden View Post
What is the full name of the stuff you use to t cut badges, Thanks
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2012, 21:17   #4
skids_vts
Regular Poster

Car(s): saxo vts
iTrader Score: -3 (0%)
skids_vts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
Bought a bonnet off of skids_vts on Saturday 11th - agreement was £50 posted, plus fees came to £52. i paid via Goods on paypal.

thread here of pics and some info.
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...=406244&page=5

i will print screen messages if needs be, but the agreement was it would be posted on tuesday to arrive on wednesday morning, which he told me on the tuesday i was expecting it. i wasn't bothered, only an extra day to wait.

wednesday came, nothing arrived. texted him, turns out he hadn't even sent it off. i was annoyed as tuesday and weds mornings are my only mornings off, i work all other days. he said he would get it sent off weds for delivery thursday.

thursday came, nothing again, he said "i did say id get it to you by friday" which he didnt, at all.

friday came, and nothing still. texted him and he said he has sent out the items through paisley freight and has had issues with them...which i can understand, but..

he gave me a tracking number which said he had sent the item out thursday and its heading to bristol, i live in bournemouth.
he sent me another "tracking number" which doesnt exist.

he then told me he has somehow re-sent the items through TNT now, god knows how he got the items back and sent them through another company, but he said await a new tracking number. i was annoyed as i expected the item tuesday/wednesday but its only a few days, i can deal with that.

he then said i would be expecting delivery Wednesday the 22nd. which is totally by-passing saturday, monday and tuesday. said he would give me another tracking number, but he still hasnt supplied one after asking twice.

monday and nothing has arrived.

i may be jumping the gun, everything may be legit and i may be impatient, but to me it seems ABIT dodgy, no valid tracking number and over 7 working days and nothings arrived..

ive asked for a refund but he said he wont give it to me until i wait till wednesday, fair or not i dont really have a choice lol but if its not here wednesday i will open up a paypal claim etc.

has anyone else had problems with this guy?

£52 isnt the smallest amount of money and i just dont want to be played about (obviously) sorry if im jumping to conclusions but from my point of view it seems abit dodgy.

cheers
Like i said to you 6 working days is not unreasonable since i do have a life and other more important commitments at the moment. i did apologise several times and did have a lot of un called for abuse off you saying im a liar and the tracking number was false. i even explained this in the original thread of me breaking my vts. I gave you the tracking number which was correct. Here it is again for everyone to see.

P2G8109102. Booked via parcel2go.com with TNT

I think this thread is a bit unfair on my behalf, just because the op is inpatient. Does anyone else think that 6 working days for a part is unreasonable? Im sure if euro car parts took this long you wouldn't be calling them scammers.

Last edited by skids_vts; 20th February 2012 at 21:24.
skids_vts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2012, 21:20   #5
skids_vts
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich112 View Post
I felt the same way until parcel arrived today. Was all happy unwrapped it only to find only 2 of 4 items which were agreed in the parcel. One item being a Vts rad which is absolutely anihallated and warped which I was told was near new, fuel line missing, hoses missing but got dials which we had agreed. He has offered a very small refund which Is a joke so currently awaiting a reply.
I did offer a partial refund and did apologise for this. It wasnt my fault that the rad may have got twisted in transport,It worked 100% and these parts where not advertised as new. They where wrapped adequately and i have nothing to hide as i am a genuine and honest person
Old 20th February 2012, 21:22   #6
skids_vts
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
so not only is he abit of a knob when just writing in threads, he sucks at selling....brilliant! Hope it gets sorted asap
To be fair this issue has nothing to do with you so i think you should refrain from commenting as you have had no involvement with me at all.
Old 20th February 2012, 23:21   #7
Delboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids_vts View Post
Like i said to you 6 working days is not unreasonable since i do have a life and other more important commitments at the moment. i did apologise several times and did have a lot of un called for abuse off you saying im a liar and the tracking number was false. i even explained this in the original thread of me breaking my vts. I gave you the tracking number which was correct. Here it is again for everyone to see.

P2G8109102. Booked via parcel2go.com with TNT

I think this thread is a bit unfair on my behalf, just because the op is inpatient. Does anyone else think that 6 working days for a part is unreasonable? Im sure if euro car parts took this long you wouldn't be calling them scammers.
only 30 minutes ago you said it was 7 working days, but either way you stated next day delivery, then the next day, then the next day, then the next day etc etc.

dont sell something saying next day delivery if your so "busy", if you said before i bought it "i cant send until friday, you wont get it until wednesday" i wouldn't have made this thread, but never such a thing was mentioned.

your not the only guy in the world who has things to do.

plenty of people on here have jobs, families, problems at home or things to do with their time and they still send out things they have stated in the correct time and do not keep delaying the sale.

and PLEASE can you print screen or show me when i called you a liar...PLEASE for my own amusement when did i call you a liar?

like i've said, POSSIBLE scammer as it seems a bit dodgy to me. your missing the whole point, i bought something on saturday, you didn't send it off until thursday/friday as far as i'm aware.

and you NEVER told me to go to parcel2go. you gave me 3/4 different tracking numbers, 2 different companies which were paisley freight and TNT, so i don't know what you thought i should do with the tracking numbers you gave me...oh apart from try them in the websites you told me you sent the bonnet with!

and lastly, you keep referring to euro car parts, i ordered a driveshaft off of them last year, a saturday in fact. it didn't come in until friday when they promised Monday in time for my MOT, tuesday latest. turns out it was the wrong one anyway, so i had a word with the manager. I had less of a rant to them then i have to you, got the driveshaft refunded, a massive apology from the company, and a new correct driveshaft provided for 50% of the price.

like said i shall await wednesday to see if it comes, if it does, and in the condition that you stated then i apologise for possibly jumping the gun, but the delivery either way is appalling when i bought it under the agreement it was next day delivery.
Old 21st February 2012, 07:54   #8
devilsadvocate
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): Golf TDI
devilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud of

I think the issue with sellers is that they say things are going to happen and they don't...like 'oh it will arrive on Tuesday' and then it doesn't. Whilst this may be a genuine mistake for whatever reason, the buyer will then start to become worried, especially after a second failed promise.

Likely not a scammer but should never say something is going to happen unless you can make sure of it. When selling, I always book a specific service (24/48hr) and tell the buyer they exact date it was posted with the tracking number, fairly easy really.

Having a life is fine but as the seller you should be keeping the buyer updated if things are not happening as agreed.
devilsadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devilsadvocate For This Useful Post:
Old 21st February 2012, 09:53   #9
rich112
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Does everyone agree if products were miss sold and also some missing then you should expect a full refund and the seller is responsible for paying return?
Old 21st February 2012, 12:46   #10
ed-bradley
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): GS300, MK1 VTS, Katy M 1190
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
ed-bradley is on a distinguished road

Wouldnt say a full refund, just refund the difference for what parts were missing.

Or if you're sending it all back, then yes..a full refund at least.
ed-bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2012, 13:51   #11
Wee_monkey1987
Regular Poster
Central Counties Region MemberSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): 2000 Saxo Woodland Green VTS, 2002 Mazda MX5
Wee_monkey1987 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich112 View Post
One item being a Vts rad which is absolutely anihallated and warped which I was told was near new
Couldn't you have just bought a brand new one there really cheap? only about £30 or get a Nissens Alloy one? - like i have works a treat
Wee_monkey1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2012, 19:27   #12
Delboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Had a TNT slip through the door when I got in...assuming its the bonnet.

They are going to attempt delivery tomorrow so hopefully it will arrive in the morning. They said the sender used the lowest price of delivery so it would have never been next day delivery, they said it was 2-3 working days. So not happy for the price I paid under the agreement of next day delivery.

Next part is too see what condition it is in. He has promised me that it's in mint condition without a single scratch or stone chip so looking forward to seeing how it looks!
Old 21st February 2012, 19:29   #13
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!
West Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta ST150
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!

good luck mate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordansowden View Post
What is the full name of the stuff you use to t cut badges, Thanks
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2012, 20:19   #14
rich112
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Judging by the rad I got it will be a state.
Old 22nd February 2012, 11:36   #15
jw1325
Saxperience Post Whore
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): NHB Civic TypeR
jw1325 is on a distinguished road

well... how was the bonnet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacey_106 View Post
jw1325 owns my vagina.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malky View Post
LOL, you are fucking amazing. I so wish you were my friend.
jw1325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 14:09   #16
Delboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

I haven't got it yet, TNT said i can't ask for a specific time for it to be delivered..

I work from 12-8pm on wednesday's and it didn't arrive before I left so my nan is at home kindly sitting in waiting for it to arrive. When I get home at 8:30 I will inspect it and post up on here.

If its in mint condition like he promised then there is no problem, just silly long delivery and dodgy service. Aslong as the bonnet is perfect im happy, which I'm yet to find out!
Old 22nd February 2012, 20:09   #17
Delboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

VERY fucking pissed off

this is the WORST condition bonnet i have ever seen

dents all over it
scratches down the side parts

and it was packaged up by a 2 year old by the looks of things

VERY pissed off.

going to get my money back for sure, no-one EVER buy anything of this user.
Old 22nd February 2012, 20:14   #18
Delboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

im not even opening the thing, ive walked in and this is how it was delivered by tnt. big dent on the side where the bonnet has been bent, without removing the 37" lcd box wrapped round half of it i can see 4 dents in the bonnet too.

anyone any advice on how i open a dispute on Paypal?
Old 22nd February 2012, 20:21   #19
JoshFurioBrookes
Frequent Poster
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Silver 6n2 Polo
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
JoshFurioBrookes is on a distinguished road

Ah that's shit! Your quest for a perfect bonnet continues!
Old 22nd February 2012, 20:22   #20
Delboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshFurioBrookes View Post
Ah that's shit! Your quest for a perfect bonnet continues!
my quest for getting my money back and this guy banned is what starts lol