Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Track / Motorsport Prep'
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Track / Motorsport Prep' This forum is for technical discussions about track / motorsport preparation. Posting rights have restricted to select usergroups. If you wish to contribute to discussions within this forum, request acceptance from the usergroup leader from your User CP.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th October 2013, 20:02   #1
AzzAW93
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): peugeot 106 VTR
AzzAW93 is on a distinguished road
Default Engine rebuild advice and questions.

Hi all
im just about to start my 16v engine build hoping for around 170bhp the plan is not to go forged as i wont have the budget for it this year, But as the car will be getting a fair bit of stick, over short distances (sprints & hillclimbs) im planning on including race bearings and arp bolts in the build, will this be necessary/beneficial? in my head it makes sense but are they overkill?

so far in my shopping list for the bottom end i have;
ARP con rod bolts
ACL race big end bearings
ACL race main bearings
ACL HD thrust washers
OE quality front and rear main seals
OE piston rings

will all that be a good combo with standard crank, rods and pistons? as i hear the standard bottom end is pretty strong aslong as your not running mega power.

Oh and am i missing anything? i know theres plenty of bits ill be bolting onto the block but for the bottom end internals have i missed anything crucial?

cheers
azza
AzzAW93 is offline   Reply With Quote