Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 28th January 2013, 16:56   #1
Harv
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): EP3 Civic Type R
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!
Default Graphics card problems (new PC)

Hi guys,

Right so I bought a custom build PC (worked out cheaper than me buying the components weirdly). Now I've got a Palit Geforce GTX 650 built into the computer and in the device manager, this is the only graphics card enabled (apparently).

Now I've updated, reinstalled, reinstalled and updated the drivers for the card however I still can't get the bloody ports on the back to work. Currently I have a twin screen setup and am using the DVI and VGA ports on the motherboard at the minute. Now the graphics card has HDMI, DVI and VGA ports (my monitors have HDMI too) but if I try and connect to the graphics card ports, the screen is just blank - no signal.

Now I'm getting great resolution on just the DVI and VGA ports using the motherboard ports however when I try and play a video using VLC, windows media player, Real player etc (I've tried them all), the video is really faded - almost shaded grey, so therefore un-watchable. I can play videos through the browser fine so youtube videos etc work great, but not on a downloaded film (I've tried hundreds that work fine on my laptop).

Okay, so before anyone says:
- I've configured my monitors so its not that
- I've looked into the BIOS and its coming up with the internal graphics card as GFXO GPP IGFX PCI which uses the PCI-e slot (Hinting to the GeForce GTX 650?)

I'm completely stuck on what to do and have no idea why the ports on the graphics card aren't working at all when the O/S says the graphics card is installed fine and all drivers are up to date??

Any help would be much appreciated. Sorry for the essay

EP3 Civic Type R - soon to be JRSC'd

Last edited by Harv; 28th January 2013 at 17:10.
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 17:06   #2
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Giraffe is on a distinguished road

I shall be watching this with interest as I've just had the same issue and just put it down to the PSU not being able to power the card sufficiently, although the fan was spinning etc. First thing that came up when I googled it anyway so I just sent the card back for a refund whilst I could, as it wasn't particularly important for the purpose it serves.

Time to find out if I've been a knobhead or not!
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 12:13   #3
Randyransford91
Frequent Poster
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saab 93 1.9TTiD Aero
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Randyransford91 is on a distinguished road

So your saying that you have no output from the HDMI port right?

And then when using your DVI - VGA connection your getting shite video playback?
Randyransford91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 16:13   #4
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): MCS R53 S/C 16v furiooo
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
mlawlan69 is on a distinguished road

BIOS is configured as using the internal gfx you say?? Disable internal in bios and just use PCI E port.

I would also re seat the card yourself personally and check when the machine posts if the cards fans fire into life as they should.

You will find that private built PCs whilst "personal" will try skimp on key components such as PSUs in order to keep costs down.

mlawlan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2013, 17:38   #5
slink

Car(s): Saxo First VTR
slink is on a distinguished road

in your bios

Quote:
I've looked into the BIOS and its coming up with the internal graphics card as GFXO GPP IGFX PCI which uses the PCI-e slot (Hinting to the GeForce GTX 650?)
that is saying that the onboard graphics IS enabled, switch that off and save and exit, then when its booting up or before, plug the monitors into the graphics card instead of the onboard
slink is offline   Reply With Quote