Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Saxperience Announcements & Updates

Saxperience Announcements & Updates Saxperience is continually evolving and adapting. Notices introducing / explaining changes to the functionality of the community will be posted within this forum.

Old 17th September 2006, 23:07   #21
TU-Tuning
Saxperience Hardcore!
South West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): JP4urio, 306 DTurbo SportShed
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!

It would be a shame if it ruined this forum, cus its quality at the mo. If peole are pricks they get slated so it hink theres enough being done already actually.

We aint in school any more
TU-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 23:08   #22
seat-craig
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Leon
seat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant futureseat-craig has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by PosiWestcoast View Post
It would be a shame if it ruined this forum, cus its quality at the mo. If peole are pricks they get slated so it hink theres enough being done already actually.

agreed
seat-craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 23:08   #23
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): '15 Focus ST-2
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!

Why is the text talk extreme?

That has been in force since I joined the site back in December last year. We all know (or should) the rules of language in the forum. We have a lot of Foreign members, so therefore text talk shouldn't be used and it's much easier to read 'proper' english.

I don't think people will be penalised for using words like 'sumthin' but if it happens time after time.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 23:09   #24
SNewham
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Audi A1 S-Line, Mazda MX5 Kuro, Renault Clio 1.2,
SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!

is "lol" classed as text talk? because abbreviations like thatget used all the time.

inappropriate language gets used all the time but I have no problem with it. We use it in the real world.

I like this idea but I also like the idea of being free and not having restictions like not swearing or not using the occasional text talk whih can almost be second nature at times.

Also, what would you class as forum spamming? the occasional topic on here where people talk rubbish are fun to read. is that going to stop?

I agree it would control alot of the bad stuff on here but can it go too far and actually stop alot of the good things that happen on here as well?
Old 17th September 2006, 23:09   #25
saxodan
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Golf
saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PosiWestcoast View Post

Argeed 100%
saxodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 23:09   #26
sshaxx
Established Member
East Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Honda Civic Jordan
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
sshaxx has a brilliant futuresshaxx has a brilliant futuresshaxx has a brilliant futuresshaxx has a brilliant futuresshaxx has a brilliant futuresshaxx has a brilliant futuresshaxx has a brilliant futuresshaxx has a brilliant futuresshaxx has a brilliant futuresshaxx has a brilliant futuresshaxx has a brilliant future

im hoping its only extreme cases of whatever infraction, eg goin on a swearing rampage, being offensive when its plainly not funny and just offensive etc

otherwise the forum seems like it will be a little too strict

yes...i did that myself...
sshaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 23:10   #27
SNewham
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!

Not what I was saying, I was just asking the question. I think the introduction of this system is right but I think some of the categorisations of these infractions need to be discussed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
I know the answer...

The issues highlighted by the infraction penalties have been discouraged for many years/months. The only thing that is changing is that moderation of these issues is public.

Many times the moderators get criticised for acting, or not acting... well, now you all know what is right and what is wrong and what you can expect to happen if you do something wrong.

If you'd prefer to go elsewhere and receive abusive, confrontational moderation, I have a few links I'd be happy to pass to you,
Old 17th September 2006, 23:11   #28
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!

At the end of the day, if you 'abuse' the forum by spamming, using text talk, slagging off other members, racial abuse or anything else mentioned above - then you should be punished for it.

At the end of the day, we all joined up for a valid reason - mine was to learn more about Saxos and meet people.

The moderators make the rules, so In my opinion you need to respect them. If you don't, why be here?
Old 17th September 2006, 23:11   #29
saxodan
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Golf
saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!

Sorry for the repost but simo-
Can you "appeal" them? Say if a mod is biast (witch i doubt will ever be the case)

Think its a valid quesition..

:
saxodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 23:11   #30
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

I'm glad this thread has caught your attention

There are lots of details to iron out and it wont all happen tonight.

Moderation of the forums will continue as ever... the system incorporates a 'warning' system, so memebrs can be warned without receiving a penalty. Its likely that warnings may be given initially. If repeat abuse occurrs, then inevitably, you'll receive a penalty.

This doesnt mean however that you will always receive a warning first.

At the end of the day you should ALL know whats right and wrong and what should be acceptable on a friendly discusison forum.

For 95% of the members on here, you probably wont even notice the system is in use.
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 23:13   #31
SNewham
Saxperience Post Whore

ok then I'm sold

where abouts do we view our infractions? in our profile?
Old 17th September 2006, 23:14   #32
TU-Tuning
Saxperience Hardcore!
South West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): JP4urio, 306 DTurbo SportShed
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!

I dont want points on my sax-p license lol

As long as it deals with racists etc and doesnt get silly eg we all have to talk like english teachers then im all good. Just seems a shame to ruin this...
TU-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 23:14   #33
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Valid point Simo.

I'll admit I have a high(ish) post count, but I don't consider myself to 'spam' the forum but I just seem to post everywhere.

Like I said before, we all know the rules and should respect them. If you don't, why be on here?
Old 17th September 2006, 23:14   #34
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxodan View Post
Sorry for the repost but simo-
Can you "appeal" them? Say if a mod is biast (witch i doubt will ever be the case)

Think its a valid quesition..

:
If you think you have received a penalty which is unwarranted, then contact an administrator... exactly the same as for abuse of the rep system.
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 23:16   #35
Curran
Saxperience Post Whore
East Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshaxx View Post
im hoping its only extreme cases of whatever infraction, eg goin on a swearing rampage, being offensive when its plainly not funny and just offensive etc

otherwise the forum seems like it will be a little too strict
agreed. i think the swearing infraction could be fun though as it will make people be more inventive with not so offensive words to get their point across. it will sort of be like you are talking in front of a young child and have to use words like "bugger" and "sod it". it makes it more humorous to read. specially when people get angry
Curran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 23:16   #36
stiffler69
Saxperience Post Whore

stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!

What about a anything goes section would this be possible
stiffler69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 23:17   #37
liamk15
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): Type-r
liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo17s View Post
agreed. i think the swearing infraction could be fun though as it will make people be more inventive with not so offensive words to get their point across. it will sort of be like you are talking in front of a young child and have to use words like "bugger" and "sod it". it makes it more humorous to read. specially when people get angry

fuck thats id rather have 1 point
liamk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 23:17   #38
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

I think swearing should only be used in public anyway, how often do you use it in a text message? I don't think it has the same effect on a forum as it does in person...

If that makes sense.
Old 17th September 2006, 23:18   #39
stiffler69
Saxperience Post Whore

stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!

i was hust waiting for someon to test the water
stiffler69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 23:18   #40
willsy
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): '64 Volvo V40 R’Design, '89 Ph1 309 GTi, ‘97 Mk1 S
iTrader Score: 125 (100%)
willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!

Generally i think its a good idea, a trial run of course would be ideal. There are a couple of them that perhaps may/may not be needed to some extent:

Inappropriate signature content: obviously extremes should go punished, but if you're easily offended theres still the option to not display them- i personally dont view signatures

Inappropriate language- good idea! ok so its everywhere on other forums etc, but there still isnt any need for it, at least use of *** helps though

Use of text talk. Good idea again. alot of people are usually very good, but there is always occasions where the odd text word sneaks out

Inappropriate behaviour. how will this be determined? could this be linked perhaps with spamming of the forum?

Knowingly posting on wrong forum: for new members that arent fully familiar yet will mods still move it and PM with advice?

Abuse on rep system: Good idea!

Insulting other member. Good idea, will light hearted gestures be let off with? could it be linked with threatening/intimidating behaviour

Racial abuse: its a good idea to include this one, however id personally not want to associate anyone who is racially abusive with these forums and would much rather see automatic exclusion from the site. Theres no excuse from that one.

On the whole its a good idea i think. perhaps link a few and keep it a touch simpler.
willsy is offline   Reply With Quote