Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Saxperience Announcements & Updates > Suspected Scammer Info

Suspected Scammer Info Unfortunately an increasing number of members are being scammed, despite strict trading guidelines being in place. Please use this forum to collate all information about suspected scammers, to make investigation/prosecution easier.

Closed Thread

Old 30th November 2012, 21:25   #1
LVC
Frequent Poster

Car(s): VTS, Hawkeye WRX, Def90 & Freelander HSE (ex-VTR)
LVC is on a distinguished road
Angry Saxo-Parts / Mandyslover / Jason White - ROGUE TRADER

At the request of a moderator I've started this thread in order to help other members avoid getting ripped off by Jason White and his trading name of Saxo-Parts (www.Saxo-parts.co.uk) - previously under the pseudo "Mandyslover70" on here.

It seems that whilst on appearance Jason is a friendly "sound" chap it does seem that his professionalism fails badly in 2 very important areas.

1. He supplies "reconditioned" engines that seem to be only half (if you're lucky) reconditioned. The engines he supplied to me had not had new big end bearings, nor valve stems and the 1st has a serious problem which we believe could be either a bent con-rod or knackered small end bearings. See the video below.

Video:
http://youtu.be/qIcpPyZV4WQ

Original thread:
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=418475

2. The second area of business suicide is his total lack of after sales assistance. Having supplied a faulty engine he made various promises to assist with the extra costs incurred (shipping and mechanics bills) etc. but he really can't be bothered dealing with you once he's got his money.

Jason was aware of the 1st engine problems immediately after it arrived with me in March 2012. I paid for a mechanic to carry out the various test and checks Jason requested and then eventually paid for the shipment (I live in France) for a replacement bottom end. The agreement was that Jason would "help out" with the extra costs involved. The mechanic stripped and removed the 1st engine then built and installed the 2nd one. I've emailed, called (home and mobile), sent facebook messages and PMs on here and in the 6 months this has been ongoing I've not had one single reply. Even a public thread on here was not enough to illicit a response from him.

So in short .... do not buy anything more complicated than a bar of metal from him and if you do be prepared that the bar won't work and that you'll never get any refund or after sales service from him despite what he promises

I ask the other members who have been equally dissatisfied with Jason's work to tell your stories here so that others don't fall into the same trap.

There are some genuine, very professional traders on this forum and they deserve our business.

Rogue Traders should be named and shamed.

Kiss French, Speak English, Ride Italian & Play Japanese
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LVC For This Useful Post:
Old 30th November 2012, 22:00   #2
enthrone
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region Member

Car(s): Yellow 16v
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
enthrone is on a distinguished road

Had my engine (78k believe this was devils advocates old engine) and gearbox fitted and supplied by Jason.

Gearbox was 'mint' as I requested a decent box and I held off getting the exchange done until he found one... Gearbox is whiny as anything...

Clutch was replaced at same time and the clutch release bearing was knackered within a month.

Both drive shafts that were fine before the exchange were knackered after.

The engine has a misfire that i haven't been able to resolve and now doesn't even start.

ah well, with the issues after the conversion i cant even be bothered to try and fix the shit.

Enthrone's dead yellow 16v.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_ View Post
cos i make hilarious mates that come to the pub with me and make me feel wanted
Old 30th November 2012, 22:15   #3
wassy78
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): saxo vts . honda hrv modified to the max
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
wassy78 is on a distinguished road

I would comment but ive already been judged
My Euro Hulk << clicky
Epic Hulk Build Photo's
Old 30th November 2012, 22:19   #4
LVC
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassy78 View Post
I would comment but ive already been judged
You have the right to an appeal and from what I understand the "jury" were not aware of all the facts.

Old 30th November 2012, 23:06   #5
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): MCS R53 S/C 16v furiooo
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
mlawlan69 is on a distinguished road

it's a massive shame, i considered a conversion from them at one point as i heard nothing but good things said about jason.

Old 30th November 2012, 23:24   #6
LVC
Frequent Poster

Agreed a real shame - maybe he started off fine but things slipped. I would not of bought the engine from him if I thought he was dodgy but it certainly seems that amongst the happy clients there's quite a few that have been well and truly stitched up.

There also seems to be some doubt that when he's charged for "new clutch kits" and other parts he has in fact actually supplied 2nd hand used ones that often fail not long after the work's been done.

If you've had work done by him have you the proof that the new parts he charged you for were actually fitted (receipts, original boxes, viewed the items in situ, etc.) ?

Old 30th November 2012, 23:43   #7
Dom
Saxperience Post Whore
Central Counties Region Member

iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Dom is on a distinguished road

Sorry to butt in here.

I personally don't think its fair on any party for you to ask people to write only about the bad experiences of his work. I thought i'd share my experience of trading with him.

I've dealt with Jason on many occasions, first in 2010 I bought a 16v Engine off him. It was mint.

Second was when my Gearbox went bang in January 2011, I bought a VTS/GTi Gearbox off him, turned out to be a stupidly good gearbox, Mikol begged to have it on many occasions, and eventually ended up in the hands of Danny VTS on here.

Third time I went to see him, I ended up with a Low Milage JP4 (August 2011) lump being installed in my car, my clutch was knackered when taking it off, Jason replaced it Free of charge with a new Valeo clutch.

Fourth time was to get a snapped cambelt on the said JP4 lump replaced, Jason supplied a new head, headgasket, cambelt kit and various other parts for a very small fee, he didn't charge any labour as he accepted it was partially his fault. He had a very good after sales service with me, and went out of his way on weekends to carry out the work, even though he never usually works on the weekends.

I recommended his name to quite a few people, KarlB had a 16v conversion done, after being told about the Loom we got to his unit, turns out that it was just a single plug loom, not the crossover loom, Jason yet again went out of his way just to go and find a spare loom that would fit the engine.

The Clutch kits he supplies aren't second hand units, I've been to his workshop on many occasions, seen the contents of his stock and seen them delivered.

Not knocking your bad experience, just my 2p's worth, for every bad job he has done, there has been 20 good ones. I hope he comes good in your case, and gets things sorted asap. Good luck LVC.
Old 1st December 2012, 08:51   #8
wobby82
Frequent Poster

Car(s): icelancic grey 2oo2 vtr icelandic grey vts 2oo2
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
wobby82 is on a distinguished road

I'd like to add I have also had work done by Jayson to a very high standard and I've been realy pleased
Old 1st December 2012, 11:45   #9
Prunicycles
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo 1.1 Flatty
Prunicycles is on a distinguished road

I'd also add that my family has had ALL work done on our cars done by jason for about 15 years, Never had a problem with the guy, he sold me my first car for £400 and its sweet as a nut.
Old 1st December 2012, 14:08   #10
LVC
Frequent Poster

It seems that Jason had a good reputation with a good number of happy clients (that's the reason I bought the engine off him to start with) and that's never been in doubt but it also appears that there's been a fair few clients who have been well and truly ripped off and when it goes wrong it's the same old story, no replies, no messages, no money and even down to physical threats from him and co when the "unhappy" client turns up on site to try and sort things out.

A number of members have contacted me by PM with the same thing to say - ripped off, bad quality of work, faulty parts etc. etc. and most don't want to post it on this thread to avoid any possible hassles or physical abuse - same old same old, all sweetness and light when it works but when it goes wrong.....good luck you're on your own.

Either way you can see from the history of events with my engines that Jason admitted that supplying a faulty engine was his fault but where are the reply emails, calls, etc. from him offering to reimburse my "extra costs" - where's the after sales service there - you say he's a fair guy, top bloke, no complaints, etc. but do you think that ignoring me for 6 months shows good business and his eagerness to remain such a "sound chap", don't think so

If he was a true, honest, genuine sound chap then he would've sorted his mistake out with me long before anyone had to write anything on this public forum. Those that know him, pop in to see him and ask why he chose to ignore me and why he hasn't kept his word and "helped out with the extra costs" - I've had not one single penny from him but remember he gladly accepted the £650 quid for a broken engine.

Where is he now - why isn't he defending his actions or offering to resolve things - hiding is not really the actions of an honest business man ??????????????

Last edited by LVC; 1st December 2012 at 14:10.
Old 1st December 2012, 15:11   #11
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): MCS R53 S/C 16v furiooo
mlawlan69 is on a distinguished road

£650 holy cod shit, i'd be expecting no problems after paying that much money!

Old 1st December 2012, 15:30   #12
LVC
Frequent Poster

lol £650 is what I paid for the 1st engine and delivery - when you add the installation cost and the extras (carrying out the checks Jason requested, 2nd shipment, stripping and removing 1st engine, building and fitting 2nd engine) we're looking at well over £1500.

I've asked Jason for £350 as a "contribution" towards the extra costs (£350 is half) and even at that price he's not even bothered to reply let alone try and sort this out.

Don't forget also that Jason's version of a reconditioned engine at £650 does not include replacing bearings, stem seals and apparently quite a number of parts - not exactly my definition of a reconditioned engine and certainly not what was agreed prior to shipment.

Last edited by LVC; 1st December 2012 at 15:33.
Old 1st December 2012, 18:28   #13
Bedford126
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic ep3 type r powered by TDI NORTH
Bedford126 is on a distinguished road

Wassy needs to tell his half of his story tbh.

All I can say is that I have had 3 customers all that have been to jason for parts and one to be lowered.

The 2 parts he supplied was a alternator and a unlocked ecu. The bearings in the alternator were fucked at the time the ecu was fine however.

The car that he had lowered was missing one of the eccentric washers and nothing was tight. Almost as if they were in a rush to complete the job. Talking to a few other members and mechanics on here they have had the same sort of problems with him too.

Good luck at getting your money back mate.
Old 1st December 2012, 19:22   #14
e8_pqck
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): AX 16v Turbo
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
e8_pqck is on a distinguished road

Bought a set of vts calipers off him a few years ago for my conversion. They were rusty as hell and had the old pads in that were not reusable and despite asking for free'd nipples, they were anything but free. The package was also pissing fluid out as the pipes had just been cut. It looked like they had literally just been ripped off an old shitter and sent to me as they were - no inspection or anything, the back calipers were also different types!

Never bought anything else after that.
Old 1st December 2012, 21:55   #15
boony
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): vtr'd FURIO....
boony is on a distinguished road

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...414356&page=23
Page 22-23 Jason swaped me a supposedly good engine which I then sold on . Why the fuck would I swap a great condition engine for a fucked on , he's a prick who I'll never deal with ever again
Old 2nd December 2012, 13:19   #16
f13sta
Established Member

Car(s): 1988 ford fiesta mk2 1.4- 2001 black saxo furio (d
f13sta is on a distinguished road

cant say i've had a problem with jason.
i had my car lowered by him aswell as a mate of mine, who also had a rear axel and gearbox off him. and they were all fine.

just a thought tho OP if your in france why did you get an engine from the UK surely either the vtr or vts engines must be even more common in france than the UK and they're pretty common over here.
Old 2nd December 2012, 14:33   #17
LVC
Frequent Poster

As I said before there are a number of people who've had work done and are happy but there's also those that are unhappy and what every business should do is to rectify their errors and ensure that ALL clients are happy - this makes sure that the business evolves with a positive reputation and can grow and profit thanks to it...fundamental business principles.

In answer to your question - there are actually less VTRs and VTS' in France than there are in the UK. I could have sourced an engine here and had it rebuilt and given the overall price of this unfortunate affair it would've been much cheaper - I now know for when the VTR needs a new heart - in fact I think I'll do it myself that way I can be sure that the parts I expect to be changed are changed.

Latest news: I received an PM from the chap who works for Jason asking for my Paypal email account - will keep you informed.

Old 2nd December 2012, 15:59   #18
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): VTR Turbo, 106 xsi track slag, Transit recovery, B
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
blackie_2k5 is on a distinguished road

Spoke to Jason on FB

Sais he's let things massively slip due to personal problems he's been having, but has had someone contact you for PayPal details to resolve the problem

He said that he not been able to file a claim for the damaged engine to his supplier through not having an engine for them to inspect for the damage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
FUCK YES. I won on the internet.
Old 2nd December 2012, 16:28   #19
LVC
Frequent Poster

The engine is still here, Jason could've had the courier pick it up but it's not cheap (cost me £123 for a 1/4 pallet with the 2nd engine shipment).

I am aware of his personal problems - that's the main reason I've waited so long before getting "annoyed" with the lack of reply.

Update: I've just received a payment via paypal from Jason, after the fees I'm left with £336.15 (nearly the £350 I suggested). This will be given straight to the mechanic and I'll then pay the rest of the "extra charges" out of my own pocket - better than nothing I suppose, just a shame that it's taken 6 months and needed 2 "public threads" on here to get a reply.

I think this post does what it's supposed to do and highlights that if things go fine when dealing with Jason then there's no problems, however if things aren't as they're supposed to be (for whatever reason) then don't expect an instant solution.

Hoping that Jason has learnt from this (as I have) and in the future he can improve on his way of working. Not everyone is a crook and not everyone is a naive 17 year old, a good reputation is very hard to keep and unhappy clients will (and should) always make themselves heard until they get a fair solution. It is the responsibility of the "business" to ensure that ALL customers are happy.

Hoping Jason's personal issues get resolved quickly for him and his family.

Old 2nd December 2012, 17:26   #20
Dom
Saxperience Post Whore
Central Counties Region Member

Dom is on a distinguished road

Can this thread be deleted now? As a lot of what has been wrote in here I believe is extremely unfair. You've got your money now, and that should be the matter resolved.

"So in short .... do not buy anything more complicated than a bar of metal from him and if you do be prepared that the bar won't work and that you'll never get any refund or after sales service from him despite what he promises"

That's a bit harsh, hence the reason I'm asking if this thread can be vanished.
Closed Thread