Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 30th August 2014, 13:30   #1
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Clio 182, Fireblade GSX-R 750
L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of
Default Omega 3

Does it actually work? Last year I done my elbow in at the gym (golfer elbow) and had to have some time off. Even had to have time off work cos of it. I don't really like pushing myself far now cos I'm scared it'll happen again, I still get the odd twinge and I just stop what I'm doing.

So do you think It'll help?
L33h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2014, 16:09   #2
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Giraffe is on a distinguished road

Fish oils are meant to be really good, they can't harm like.
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2014, 16:31   #3
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of

Got to help some how I think. Been reading into it and it does loads of good things. I've got bad skin atm and it's supposed to help with that too.
Old 30th August 2014, 16:53   #4
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Giraffe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33h View Post
Got to help some how I think. Been reading into it and it does loads of good things. I've got bad skin atm and it's supposed to help with that too.
What causes that then? I've heard unpasteurised milk can help clear up skin stuff, or eczma more specifically. I didn't get round to trying it because just reducing stress and getting plenty of sleep helped me, but maybe give some of that a go?
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2014, 17:05   #5
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

I've got psoriasis and its hereditary. being stressed out causes it for me and I've been stressed to bits lately haha. Never tried unpasteurised milk like I might get some next time I'm out. I'll get alot more sleep the next couple of weeks too cos I'm off work
Old 30th August 2014, 17:34   #6
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Stage 1 Mitsubishi Evo 6
matt_vtr_15a is on a distinguished road

Had a few joint issues myself over the years inherited from my dad. When I first started lifting I had severe joint pain in my elbow and also my wrist.

I battled thru it, supplemented fish oils and continued to lift. I honestly can't remember how long theytook to take effect!

They reduce inflammation so that alone assists with joint issues and arthritis.

But I'say after 6months or so the pain was much more tolerable. I then had a lazy period for several months however continued to take my multivits, fish oils etc. and when I returned to the gym realised I could barely even feel the joint issues.

Got my old man onto fish oils and a good multivit, and he claims to feel the benefit a few months down the line and he is stubborn/set in his own ways but co tinues to supplement them as he works outdoors and suffers terribly in winter usually with joint pain.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...457196&page=21
matt_vtr_15a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2014, 18:56   #7
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Sounds good to me! I got some before. Hope they make a difference in everything then

One thing I have noticed is that my burps are fucking lifting haha
Old 2nd September 2014, 12:18   #8
MuZiZZle
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Phase 2 VTS , E61 M5
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
MuZiZZle is on a distinguished road

Try and get marine Omega 3, word on the street is the plant based stuff does fuck all!

And try and switch to soy milk, a flavoured one can be canny in coffee and that!
Old 2nd September 2014, 15:05   #9
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

i recommend them, tell everyone to use them who lifts. my knees used to click like a mother fucker and ache a bit, but taking them and knees are a million times better, knees were never really that bad but helped. Also being doing 5x5 recently and getting aches in my shoulders, actually took one tab more and really helped me
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2014, 20:25   #10
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Well there doesn't seem to be any change yet. Still get the odd niggle in my arm but I'm not giving up yet. Everyone I've spoke to recommends them so they must work, just need to give them time to work i suppose

My skin seems to be a bit better tho but I've had loads to drink over the last 2 weeks so that isn't really helping it but I've been off work
Old 16th September 2014, 21:57   #11
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Mk1 VTS, FF BG 182
SimpleJoee is on a distinguished road

Might give these a bash myself, was contemplating them and now there's a thread, so it's a must!
I have issues with my elbows and wrists quite often with tricep extensions/pull downs, so think they'll come in handy.
SimpleJoee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2014, 19:44   #12
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Dunno if it's due to taking these or what but my elbow seems a shit load better. Haven't had any twinges lately so fingers crossed I do feel a little more energised through the day too but these dark nights are killing me haha

I've put a shit load of strength on lately but my doctor said my testosterone's through the roof so I don't think its down to this haha

Skin is good atm but it's coming back in my hair cos of the cold weather. Cunt
Old 12th November 2014, 09:08   #13
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Probably all the wanking you have been doing, loosening your elbow up

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 10:12   #14
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Funnily enough its my right elbow and im left handed. Too much stranger wanks!