Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 3rd January 2009, 12:51   #1
flynnsvtr
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTS
flynnsvtr is infamous around these parts
Default What does everyone thinks graphically better...a PC or PS3/360

Personally I think PC graphics are far superior, what do you guys think?
Old 3rd January 2009, 13:08   #2
bpm
Established Member
Central South Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo 16v 1.6 VTS '99 (Pearlescent Blue/Red
bpm is on a distinguished road

PC certainly has more range as with a PS3 you are fixed to a maximum resolution. I have seen PC monitors running at higher than Full HD resolution but to be honest I cant see a damn bit of difference.

I have a 52" screen which runs full HD and its more than enough. Get an amazing graphics card that can match that resolution (and with a computer than can keep up) and youll never want for more.
bpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2009, 13:23   #3
GallowayVTS
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Civic EK9 K24, S1 106 Rallye 1.3, BMW E30 325i 2dr
GallowayVTS is on a distinguished road

At the moment 360 but ps3 when the games catch up to the console
GallowayVTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2009, 13:36   #4
Brooksy
Frequent Poster
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Audi A3 Quattro
Brooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to behold

It's PC hands down. 360/ps3 are limited. Although you can see in some games with Ps3 what truely can be reached and it does look good.
But I will always stay with PC as upgrades are always at hand to go to the next step in quality. with say a third/half of a console price.

Mostly everyone will choose consoles as they have a full resolution TV that supports the quality where as you'll have to fork out for a screen that supports your PC and graphics cards etc.
Old 3rd January 2009, 14:43   #5
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Cupped RS Clio 200
Penn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud of

Eh? PC by a fucking country mile.
Old 3rd January 2009, 15:27   #6
Stickyjam
Established Member

Stickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
Eh? PC by a fucking country mile.
exactly...

with the right hardware this questions isnt a question at all, its pointless words on your screen!
Stickyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2009, 20:55   #7
lemon191
Established Member
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta zetec mk7.5
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
lemon191 is a glorious beacon of lightlemon191 is a glorious beacon of lightlemon191 is a glorious beacon of lightlemon191 is a glorious beacon of lightlemon191 is a glorious beacon of lightlemon191 is a glorious beacon of light

good quaity pc setup everytime but if on budget then 360/ps3 either way the graphics are fairly evenly matched i prefere the ps3 controllers which is why i went for a ps3 over 360
Old 4th January 2009, 12:19   #8
MarkyG
Established Member
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): '03 Posi Blue VTS (R.I.P) 11 Plate Peugeot 'thing'
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
MarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to behold

A PC wins hands down, just depends if you can afford the components!

For saving money a console is the way to go, but a PC will always be graphically superior to any console.

Girl, There Is No GOD In The Bedroom, It's Just Me
MarkyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2009, 12:20   #9
MarkyG
Established Member
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): '03 Posi Blue VTS (R.I.P) 11 Plate Peugeot 'thing'
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
MarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon191 View Post
I prefer the ps3 controllers which is why i went for a ps3 over 360
Agreed, no extra batteries to buy for them and they're much lighter in weight

Girl, There Is No GOD In The Bedroom, It's Just Me
MarkyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2009, 19:48   #10
DarylVTR
Saxperience Post Whore

DarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team member

definatly pc graphically but consols normally have better games and are more fun
Old 4th January 2009, 20:01   #11
lemon191
Established Member
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta zetec mk7.5
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
lemon191 is a glorious beacon of lightlemon191 is a glorious beacon of lightlemon191 is a glorious beacon of lightlemon191 is a glorious beacon of lightlemon191 is a glorious beacon of lightlemon191 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyG View Post
the usb cable you get with them to charge them is pretty shit its way to short lol
Old 4th January 2009, 20:02   #12
TU-Tuning
Saxperience Hardcore!
South West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): JP4urio, 306 DTurbo SportShed
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!

PC, but pound for pound consoles by a mile. Your not gonna get a new PC capable of running frogger for 200 quid, but look at what the 360/ps3s can run. Theyre very cheap imo
TU-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2009, 20:13   #13
shawn-vtr
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): mk2 silver saxo vtr
shawn-vtr is on a distinguished road

my ps3 on my hdmi lead n my tv set at 1080p is spectacular must better than the pc
shawn-vtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2009, 22:02   #14
DarylVTR
Saxperience Post Whore

DarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn-vtr View Post
my ps3 on my hdmi lead n my tv set at 1080p is spectacular must better than the pc
Nah its not. My Phenon 9559 quad core, 6GB of ram and 9800GTX+ card GRAPHICALLY is stunning. Comparing COD5 side by side its alot different. Pc is much better.... HOWEVER i love the ps3 as its more fun and has better games IMO.

No-one really plays PC online as friends dont tend to have gaming pcs. Use my pc for music, msn and flight simulator x now thats bout it, everything else on ps3 1080p.
Old 4th January 2009, 22:17   #15
dannyjay
Saxperience Post Whore
East Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6202...ml?sid=6202552

Says it all tbh!
dannyjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2009, 22:38   #16
alex19
Saxperience Post Whore

alex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyG View Post
I've not spent any money on batteries in 2 and half years

PS3 controller's are about 3/4 times lighter though, so more child friendly.
Old 4th January 2009, 22:38   #17
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Cupped RS Clio 200
Penn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjay View Post
Good comparison for gamespot. Should clear things up a little for people who might not have a top end PC.