Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 9th January 2014, 11:37   #21
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

If you are looking at low carbs, have you checked your shakes? Some protein shakes are particularly meal replacements have high carbd and sugar contents IF you are looking at low carbs/keto

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2014, 11:37   #22
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Giraffe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryancoyle View Post
Thanks for that.

Basically, the gym owner has advised me on counting etc. I have now started writing down everything that passes my mouth from yesterday morning until next Wednesday. From this he will tell me what needs to change etc.

I'm basically going to do write down everything I eat from now on and take weekly weigh in's to see where I'm going wrong.

Think this should benefit me greatly.
Think of it like this as well - 1g of protein or carb = 4 calories, 1g of fat = 8 calories. That should help you calculate the calories when doing your macros. Let's say you needed 1800 calories, on a 50/60/10 ratio of proteins, fats and carbs, that's 188g of protein, 113g of fats, 38g of carbs. I think. Someone may correct me on that. Looks wrong anyway. Might be talking utter shit.

Matt, halp.
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2014, 11:40   #23
Ryancoyle
Established Member

Car(s): Volkswagen Bora 170bhp
Ryancoyle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
If you are looking at low carbs, have you checked your shakes? Some protein shakes are particularly meal replacements have high carbd and sugar contents IF you are looking at low carbs/keto
Yeah my whey protein has basically no carbs.
Ryancoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2014, 11:43   #24
Ryancoyle
Established Member

Car(s): Volkswagen Bora 170bhp
Ryancoyle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
Think of it like this as well - 1g of protein or carb = 4 calories, 1g of fat = 8 calories. That should help you calculate the calories when doing your macros. Let's say you needed 1800 calories, on a 50/60/10 ratio of proteins, fats and carbs, that's 188g of protein, 113g of fats, 38g of carbs. I think. Someone may correct me on that. Looks wrong anyway. Might be talking utter shit.

Matt, halp.
Yeah this will help me thanks.

Once next Wednesday comes I'm going to check how much calories I'm taking via protein / fats and I'll work of that.
Ryancoyle is offline   Reply With Quote