Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 7th December 2018, 20:53   #1
sibok
L-plater

sibok is on a distinguished road
Default Restoring genuine fuel pressure regulator

Hi,

I have a Citroen Saxo 16v '99 and some years ago I installed a adjustable fuel pressure regulator, BAD IDEA.

The thing is since day 0 I wanted to restore the genuine fuel pressure regulator and these days while replacing some parts I decided to do it. By now I've removed the air intake, the income manifold, the non genuine fuel pressure regulator, etc. At these point I have some doubts:

1) At the bottom side of the intake manifold (Picture 3) there's a tube which I think is for the fuel comeback which was connected to the non genuine adjustable fuel pressure regulator. At the end of the fuel pump (Picture 1 part 2) I see 2 tubes/plugs, the last one has the stock tube but the other one which is right next to it there a cut tube pointing to the floor. My first doubt is, is this plug the one which needs to be connected to the "fuel comeback" located at bottom side of the intake manifold? If not, where should the "fuel comeback", located at the bottom of the manifold, be connected to? And the other plug located near the end of the fuel ramp?

2) Looking at Service Box app I can find 2 different fuel pressure regulators (Picture 2 part 9, see how the second fuel regulator has different refference/part number than the one in the Picture 1 part 2) but I'm not able to find them in my car. So I wonder if maybe the diagrams at Service Box are for another engine different than mine, 16v. I'm attaching some screenshots so you could take a look at it all.

Also I wonder if fuel tubes (part 4) at Picture 2 are directly connected to the fuel ramp plugs. When I look at it in the car I don't see it that way. to me it looks like in the diagrams there are some missing tubes. Looking also at Picture 2 it looks like the "fuel comeback" located at the bottom side of the intake manifold does not need to be plugged at the fuel pressure regulator. My stock fuel pressure regulator has only one plug. Take a look at this [5] one.

I also need some racords/adapters to adapt tubing diameters. I wonder if do you know where could i find the genuine tubing system or quality ones to make sure there's no fuel leaking.

Last, i take the diagrams from here [6].

Thanks a lot for your time and dedication

[1] Fuel ramp: https://chevronazos.es/images/2018/1...t-17.25.17.png
[2] Don't know where to find this part of the car but here there's the second fuel pressure regulator with a different refference or part number: https://chevronazos.es/images/2018/1...t-17.23.07.png
[3] Intake manifold (very difficult to appreciate the "fuel comeback plug" on the bottom side of the manifold): https://chevronazos.es/images/2018/1...207_153101.png
[4] Fuel filter tubing (don't know if I should really need to understand/look thsi diagram): https://chevronazos.es/images/2018/1...207_153052.png
[5] Stock fuel pressure regulator: https://az25411.vo.msecnd.net/oscjpg...erique-168.jpg
[6] http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/
sibok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2018, 21:59   #2
sibok
L-plater

Excuse for not asking on the first post but I would also know, if possible, which would be the fast plugs diameter. I know i'll need some but do not know the diameters if someone would be so kind to let me know how many fast plugs and which diameters I need. It would be really helpful.

Thanks a lot
Old 8th December 2018, 01:21   #3
sibok
L-plater

After a bit of thinking, now I know how o plug everything but I'm worried about being able to get the right fast plugs and tub diammeters to void leaking and tubing breakage or degradation over time.

I just need to:
1 Let the fuel intake in the ramp as it is now.
2 Connect the return to the fuel ramp.
3 Install the fuel pressure regulator an connect there the small fuel tube to the intake manifold.

As said I'm very worried about getting the right tubes and fast plugs so if anyone could tell me how many fast plugs (I know I'm going to need at least one which goes installed to the return plug next to the fuel intake tube) i'm going to need and which diameter, it would be really helpful.

What I don't know cause by now i've not been able to see it, is the tubes connected to the fuel tubing system which arrives from fuel tank so don't know if I'm going to need any fast plug there to adjust the diameter.

Also I wonder do I need to install any clamp to the fuel tube which comes out of the fuel pressure regulator and then into the intake manifold?

Lastly, could someone explain if the "comeback fuel plug" is next to the "intake fuel plug" in the fuel ramp, why the fuel once injected to the fuel ramp does not goes out through the "comeback fuel plug"? Or is it already happening all the time?

Thanks
Old 8th December 2018, 12:54   #4
sibok
L-plater

Do someone know if fuel pipes/tubes diameter for cars are universal? As in everything, I imagine standards for fuel pipes/tubing system exists, so do someoen know which tube/pipe category may I need? And about the fast plugs?

Thanks
Old 8th December 2018, 13:43   #5
sibok
L-plater

I need a brand new quick connect elbow but don't know the diammeter. On the genuine one, which is a little bit broken, i can read "240 A93 2". Any ideas on how to get the diammeter?

Thx