Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > General Chat...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

General Chat... This forum is for general chit-chat, banter, exchange of information, etc. Pretty much everything goes... within reason!

Old 24th September 2009, 16:50   #1
fraggle_VTR
Regular Poster

Car(s): 2002 Saxo VTR, 2000 mango forte
fraggle_VTR is on a distinguished road
Exclamation ebay advice, please help

i recently sold a car on ebay and the buyer is refusing to come and buy as it has been a write off and says i have tried to decieve him.....
read this advert and see if you think i have hidden this fact and if poss' any advice as to where i stand and if it is possible to take any action to retreive the 3500 that i am owed

title:
damaged 07 vw polo 1.2 12V spares or repair (salvage)

advert:
accident damaged volkswagen polo 1.2 12V with GT pack, runs and drives very easy repair
i bought this car around a year a go from universal salvage auctions with the intention of putting it back on the road but didn't have the time to finish it
the car covered 8400 miles so was in excellent pre-accident condition it has central locking alloy wheels front fog lights power steering tilt steering wheel cd player which i have the code for electric windows fitted mats electric heated mirrors air conditioning twin front airbags side impact airbags and GT pack which is an optional extra giving tinted windows GTI front grill and painted front brake callipers the tyres are good all around as are the brake pads
it is not yet due a service or MOT due to mileage and age and will make a very sellable car when finished due to low insurance tax and running costs and they are fetching a good price due to this the damage on the car when i got it was due to being put into a bush it was superficial damage no chassis damage
i fitted two brand new front wings a brand new radiator and radiator control module side impact airbag and had the seat repaired did some paintwork to the sides which was properly blended in and not just patched up also replaced one rear shock absorber and fitted the spare tyre onto one of the alloy wheels
the work needed to finish is the front bumper needs painting as i have welded a couple of cracks that were in it the door mirror base has a repairable crack fog light surrounds front numberplate a tyre putting on the spare rim under arch plastics front splitter the plastic bottom half of the rear bumper needs replacing a couple of scratches that will polish out but no dents and due to the passenger side seat airbag being replaced the airbag warning light is displayed and needs putting out using a laptop or scanner to delete the error code from the airbag control module
i drove the car to a vic test which it passed and i have the certificate with logbook application forms ready to be sent off the car drove well there and back with no banging or squeaking pulling well through all gears and not overheating

if you have any questions or want to view please feel free to email me and i'll do my best to answer them it is located very close to rhyl in north wales and is easily reached via the A55

On 17-Sep-09 at 12:47:05 BST, seller added the following information:

just to let you know, i rang up a panels distributor earlier to get prices for the parts that are needed to complete the car, the prices they gave are as follows:

fog light surruonds: £11 each

front splitter: £10

rear valance:£20

under arch/splash guard:£14

numberplate:£7

tyre:£38

all that would be needed other than these is paint for the front bumper and someone with a laptop, i asked at at vw and was quoted 62.50 to have it diagnostic checked and have the error code deleted from the airbag control module so the total of the repair should be around £200 this means the car would come in for under £4000 fully done it has a potential to earn the owner at least £2500 after only a weekends work
fraggle_VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 16:54   #2
Claireeyy
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Clio Sport
Claireeyy is on a distinguished road

you do say that it is damaged, tbh his first question should ahve been "was it written off"
Claireeyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 16:55   #3
fraggle_VTR
Regular Poster

i just sent him this message...

Dear twophatfish,

damaged 07 vw polo 1.2 12V spares or repair (salvage)
accident damaged volkswagen polo
universal salvage auctions
the damage on the car when i got it
vic test
if you have any questions or want to view please feel free to email me or call 07780756640 and i'll do my best to answer them it is located
bid to buy!
all of the above are extracts from the auction listing,
A VIC test is an official test carried out by VOSA and DVLA after a vehicle has been recorded by an insurance company as being involved in an accident or as you say "written off"
it was clearly and repeatedly stated that the vehicle in question was involved in an accident.
if you were unsure of any details i stated that questions could be asked.
by being the winning bidder on the auction you are entering a legally binding contract and are obliged to complete the transaction,
if you refuse to do so i have every right to take further action including court proceedings auctions items are sold as seen and it is down to the prospective buyer to perform any checks or inspections prior to placing a bid, all of this is in the ebay terms of use which you agreed to when signing upto to the website.
you have purchased the car, you must pay for the car.so please can you let me know when you will be collecting the car which you have agreed to purchase?
thank you.
Old 24th September 2009, 16:57   #4
fraggle_VTR
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claireeyy View Post
you do say that it is damaged, tbh his first question should ahve been "was it written off"
you would think that,
it;s so annoying as i had so many things depending on the money from that sale, and now i'm screwed,
he hadn't asked a single question about while the auction was running
Old 24th September 2009, 16:59   #5
Claireeyy
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Clio Sport
Claireeyy is on a distinguished road

yeh but you get different categories mby you should have stated which one the car fell into?
but yes it is legally a contract but it will depend how ebay see it.
Claireeyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 17:02   #6
fraggle_VTR
Regular Poster

yeahh i know about the catergory's,
cat d, recorded but not shown on the logbook,
cat c recorded and shown on logbook and must undergo a vic test *stated*
cat b, not allowed on the road
cat a, not allowed on the road
i just didn't expect some numpty to be bidding on it,
i assume it would be trade buyers looking for that type of thing and would understand that it has been for a vic and realise it's a cat c,
grrrrr, just waiting to hear back off them now
Old 24th September 2009, 17:05   #7
saxowebby
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraggle_VTR View Post
yeahh i know about the catergory's,
cat d, recorded but not shown on the logbook,
cat c recorded and shown on logbook and must undergo a vic test *stated*
cat b, not allowed on the road
cat a, not allowed on the road
i just didn't expect some numpty to be bidding on it,
i assume it would be trade buyers looking for that type of thing and would understand that it has been for a vic and realise it's a cat c,
grrrrr, just waiting to hear back off them now
cat b - can be used for spares only
cat a - scrap only
saxowebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 17:07   #8
fraggle_VTR
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxowebby View Post
cat b - can be used for spares only
cat a - scrap only
if a car is being used for spares only, cat b....it isn't going back on the road.......
if it is scrap it isn't going back on the road.....

pointless input tbf
Old 24th September 2009, 18:05   #9
saxowebby
Saxperience Post Whore

iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!saxowebby is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraggle_VTR View Post
if a car is being used for spares only, cat b....it isn't going back on the road.......
if it is scrap it isn't going back on the road.....

pointless input tbf
o well just thought id add it in.

tbh honest you didnt actually say in the listing it was wrote off.

but you did say in other ways.

you are both right one way or another, but hes being a cock really for not working it out
saxowebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 18:12   #10
fraggle_VTR
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxowebby View Post
o well just thought id add it in.

tbh honest you didnt actually say in the listing it was wrote off.

but you did say in other ways.

you are both right one way or another, but hes being a cock really for not working it out
apologies mate,
just in a bad mood!, hmm i guess i'll just have to see what ebay reckons should happen and probably end up whacking it on again
Old 24th September 2009, 22:53   #11
Saxoladlesta
Established Member

Car(s): Fiesta ST
Saxoladlesta has a spectacular aura aboutSaxoladlesta has a spectacular aura aboutSaxoladlesta has a spectacular aura about

End of the day mate if he has "bought" it and then doesnt want it then there is fuck all you can do about it. I sold my sax on there to someone who decided he didnt want it all fleabay do is give him 1 strike.if you get 3 in 12months you get suspended for a certain amount of time
Saxoladlesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 22:56   #12
Daniel09
Established Member

Car(s): slammed VTS
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Daniel09 is on a distinguished road

pics or your lieing
Old 25th September 2009, 01:42   #13
XStephyX
Frequent Poster

Car(s): mk2 vtr, clio 182
XStephyX is on a distinguished road

to be fair how uve described it pretty much tells u that it was a write off seen as u had 2 put a new air bag in, but if he dnt wanna pay 4 it he dnt have 20 tho had a lad who bought some fez zetec s alloys off me but tried 2 blag they were worth less than what he agreed to pay saying the tyre was worse than what the pic showed and tried 2 give me subs instead! i lost out on £30 in the end travelled 2 far 2 argue over it some people on ebay will do n e thing 2 rip u off but like me u will have been charged the ebay fee for selling it u will have 2 report that the seller didn't pay 2 be able 2 get the charges back you take out a dispute on it, and on his part he should have asked u if it was a write off in the first place not that you didn't make it obvious!.
XStephyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 01:50   #14
XStephyX
Frequent Poster

Car(s): mk2 vtr, clio 182
XStephyX is on a distinguished road

also missed the V.i.c bit that tells u it's been written off in it's self or they wud be no reason 4 the car 2 have 1 done , so yes m8 u are right on this 1 hes just being a twat report him and re-list it. x.
XStephyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 06:11   #15
Uzi
Regular Poster
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 vts
Uzi will become famous soon enoughUzi will become famous soon enough

when selling a car you dont have to inform the buyers that its a Cat C he should of done his own checks i doubt you will get your money for this car from the buyer
Uzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 13:52   #16
SaxBuild
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Citroen Saxo mk1 1.1i Scooby Doo
SaxBuild is on a distinguished road

You don't have two legs to stand on where ebay is concerned.

Just bang it back up, but put more information. IE: the type of cat write off..

Cut your losses with this fool.
SaxBuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 14:48   #17
saxokid100
Saxperience Addict
North Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Wickerd red VTS MK2, Two tone VTS MK2,vvc Metro..
saxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claireeyy View Post
yeh but you get different categories mby you should have stated which one the car fell into?
but yes it is legally a contract but it will depend how ebay see it.
Good point there bud!!!
saxokid100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 16:05   #18
Bound
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): 8 Valve 'R.
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Bound is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxBuild View Post
You don't have two legs to stand on where ebay is concerned.

Just bang it back up, but put more information. IE: the type of cat write off..

Cut your losses with this fool.
Yup, can't do shit, unless he falls for 'legal proceedings'. It's eBay, can't do anything, "lolol reported", which does nothing.

Advice as above really.