Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Track / Motorsport Prep'

Track / Motorsport Prep' This forum is for technical discussions about track / motorsport preparation. Posting rights have restricted to select usergroups. If you wish to contribute to discussions within this forum, request acceptance from the usergroup leader from your User CP.

Old 11th October 2010, 11:28   #1
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!
Default Welcome to the Track / Motorsport Prep' Forum

Welcome to the Track / Motorsport Prep' discussion forum. This forum has been setup after requests from a number of members to provide a section for more in depth, technical discussion about a range of topics related to motorsport.

To attempt to keep this forum focussed upon serious discussion / debate, a usergroup has been setup to enable the ability to post threads and replies. ALL Saxperience members can view this forum and it's contents, but only members of the joinable usergroup "Track / Motorsport Prep" will be able to post.

If you are interested in talking tech', request acceptance into this usergroup by visiting your "User CP", then selecting "Group Memberships" within the "Networking" tab, then scroll down to the "Track / Motorsport Prep" usergroup and click "join group".

Once your request has been reviewed by the usergroup leader(s) - currently Ross, Ryan & Mochachino, your request will be accepted or denied. Acceptance will be based upon your previous contributions to the community.

Any suggestions of how to improve this section, please let me know!

Enjoy...

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!

Last edited by Ross; 10th January 2013 at 10:11.
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2010, 16:49   #2
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

Glad to see a section has been created at last
Old 11th October 2010, 16:55   #3
swampy
Banned
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 38 (100%)
swampy is on a distinguished road

Lets get some pics up of the saxp track cars!
swampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2010, 17:28   #4
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

I noticed my spanner and thought er....

Hopefully plenty of members will actively use the community.

I do have a guide somewhere else if i can dig it out with links to trackday organisers/personal experiences
Old 11th October 2010, 18:23   #5
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

This section is a good idea, hopefully there should be some good detailed information in here as time passes

Old 11th October 2010, 19:49   #6
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Just to clarify the poeple im accepting in..

Each member that requests to join I will check their threads made and also the posts made by the user.

The user would have to be fairly active, not members who post in the for sale section selling track parts for months but no contribution to the exsisting Tech sections.

If im unsure on whether you should be accepted il PM you asking you to link me to threads or posts made by you showing you have good motorsport/track knowledge or provoking good discussion suitable for this section.

Also a few members have put their reason as 'making a track car' or 'want to be able to read the threads in this section'. Now anyone can view this section which dosent mean you need to be a member to view it, and also anyone can make or do track days but it dosent mean you have the knowledge or the questions to make good discussion. So im denying these requests.

Also il ask the ones I denie or am unsure about to prove their knowledge/discussion over the next weeks/months and they request again when they think theyre worthy. Every members input would be appreciated.

Obviously it isnt my forum, but have a duty of accepting who can post, so what ive just said is that ok with everyone?

&& do you want me to accept any person who owns a track car or does track days or only the ones with the knowledge. As obviously poeple who own a track car or do track days can still ask basic questions which are good enough for the exsisting sections.

A* Essay over. What do poeple think? Only want this to be a successful section!
Old 11th October 2010, 19:51   #7
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Accept people with interest.

Dont be snobby if a noob wants serious advice they may be perfectly suited to joining in.

Just remove them if they are spammer/cock.
Old 11th October 2010, 19:53   #8
LeeM
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Black Corsa C SRi
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
LeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to behold

This is a really good idea. Glad I got my spanner and can contribute. Shame I'm running far from a track car though I'll get some pics of our carbon formula Renault car up and some of our tuning equipment as well as prototype machinery if propel are interested in the development side of things? Never really been a place for it on here before
LeeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2010, 19:58   #9
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

Dont be snobby if a noob wants serious advice they may be perfectly suited to joining in.

Thats the thing, theres plenty of poeple who are interested in track days and do them, but have basic questions like: "which rear beam mounts to use" i feel this sort of question would be best suited to the other forums.

Also if I do send you a PM asking for links it dosent mean im doubting you altogether, you might be a spamming cunt in gen chat like me, so hard to find the decent queries and posts out of them all.
Old 11th October 2010, 20:01   #10
LeeM
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Black Corsa C SRi
LeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to behold

Cue the multiple threads in gen chat asking what the spanners for
LeeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2010, 20:01   #11
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

It shouldnt just be here for people to contirbute but also here as a manual for people to read and be advised.

If you get alot of information here it should be able to be seen by a relative newcomer who wants to be involved (who is a good egg).

lets not forget that people with knowlege of track days passing it on can make it ALOT safer for all when noobs head out for the first time.

Also information here shouldnt be getting raped and sent to other forums mind.
Old 11th October 2010, 20:07   #12
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
It shouldnt just be here for people to contirbute but also here as a manual for people to read and be advised.

If you get alot of information here it should be able to be seen by a relative newcomer who wants to be involved (who is a good egg).

lets not forget that people with knowlege of track days passing it on can make it ALOT safer for all when noobs head out for the first time.

Also information here shouldnt be getting raped and sent to other forums mind.
Ok mate, I wont as strict from now on. I didnt want to seem like the snobby cunt like you previously said, but also didnt want aload of basic stuff in here.

Just had a few PMs of poeple asking if they can view this section and threads without being accepted, and yes you can, anyone can view this, member or not..
Old 11th October 2010, 20:07   #13
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

The above...

Also think we need some really good stickies in here tbh
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2010, 20:10   #14
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Information is what the forum is here for danny.

Accept people genuine, and by that i mean people interested (eg a pm saying yo blud i wantz 2 do sum trak dayz init) as opposed to 'hey there im new just looking to build a new track car and thought the saxo seemed a good base project' obvious which one you will prob have the least problems with.

If its easy to remove people then it doesnt matter to much initially.

Lets not forget that someone with 1million posts on here may not have more knowlege and have good discussion over someone with 10 posts whos done 50 track days in an ex rally spec nova.

Last edited by Ryan; 11th October 2010 at 20:13.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Old 11th October 2010, 20:14   #15
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Information is what the forum is here for danny.

Accept people genuine, and by that i mean people interested (eg a pm saying yo blud i wantz 2 do sum trak dayz init) as opposed to 'hey there im new just looking to build a new track car and thought the saxo seemed a good base project' obvious which one you will prob have the least problems with.

If its easy to remove people then it doesnt matter to much initially.
Damn it, i was accepting the yo bludz

Ok mate. Request again anybody if you think ive been too stuck up!
Old 11th October 2010, 20:18   #16
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
AdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant future

about time sax-p saw a decent section dedicated to track driving, information and tips...
AdamH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2010, 20:19   #17
Paulp
Super Moderator

Car(s): Astra VXR + 1989 Astra GTE
iTrader Score: 37 (100%)
Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!

I think its going to be easier for you guys to accept/decline people once you've gotten over the sudden influx of new members.

I agree with Ryan, accept anyone that shows geniune interest, if they step out of line it takes two seconds to remove them.

Thanks for setting this up Simo, i look forward to reading the threads once someone dares start one
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12u55 View Post
14 inches or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns9900 View Post
sorry bud, too big for me. GLWS tho
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2010, 20:21   #18
adamskiTNR
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Citroen saxo 1.4 furio
adamskiTNR is on a distinguished road

i dared lol. foolish or not
Old 11th October 2010, 20:22   #19
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I think its going to be easier for you guys to accept/decline people once you've gotten over the sudden influx of new members.

I agree with Ryan, accept anyone that shows geniune interest, if they step out of line it takes two seconds to remove them.

Thanks for setting this up Simo, i look forward to reading the threads once someone dares start one
Yarrr, will be going by that as a rule in a way. Although anyone can buy or say they are wanting to get into track days, I guess they can prove themselfs within the forum. Some may be accepted and not post at all, some may post bullshit then they can be removed by whoever!

Thanks for clearing that up for me though guys!
Old 11th October 2010, 20:26   #20
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Remember just because someone has a low spec car it may not mean they will be an asset.

CBA with the 'only having the best' saxos bollocks, been there done that before and it allways pissed me off.

And also if anyone does the usual spelling correction crap like general chat, they can be removed for being an annoying fuckwitt.