Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 14th May 2010, 11:59   #221
readie
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 05' Clio 182
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
readie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Holiday booked for tomorrow - I'm off to GMC at half 5 in the morning

Yeah, car is on a 1.1box at the moment. John's already overhauled it and fitted the diff' LOL. No hanging around!
didnt take him long!

so what was wrong was it the box? guessing not as its going back on? and must of been the clutch then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacey_106 View Post
Had a good time though, I think! Enjoyed that vibrator!
readie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 12:25   #222
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): VTR Turbo, 106 xsi track slag, Transit recovery, B
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
blackie_2k5 is on a distinguished road

great progress mate, really looking ofrward to hopefully seeing this!! cheers for the catch tank it arrived tuesday!! looks alot cleaner in person then it did in the pics, didnt take long to arrivve at all- happy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
FUCK YES. I won on the internet.
blackie_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 18:13   #223
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!
Default Simo's Turbo re-build Progress (car now at GMC Motorsport...)

The gearbox was in good condition so was fitted with new bearings and the diff...

The twin plate Clutch has some wear... Doesn't look as bad as it would have to be, but must be that.

Just leaving GMC after spending all day painting the engine bay... But mainly talking

Bit of news on the turbo and engine too... Will chat later.

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2010, 00:01   #224
Mathias
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region Member

iTrader Score: 33 (100%)
Mathias will become famous soon enoughMathias will become famous soon enough

Sounds great simo - whats the thinking behind the ma box spline kit that gmc do??

worth buying?
Old 15th May 2010, 00:15   #225
Simop
Administrator

Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Well, what a LONG day. Left home at 6am and just arrived back at 11pm

After spending a LOT of time talking with John, there wasn't a great deal of time left for the car prep, so I've had to rush this, if i'm honest. My main goal was to get the bits of the chassis behind/beside the engine rust treated and protected... and looking blue It doesn't have to be a show room shine, as it's never going to be seen again (gotta make myself feel better some how)

After years of popped drive shaft gaiters there was a LOT of grease coating the lower half of the bulkhead. Not a great job to remove! Still, with the couple of hours I had, I've managed to prep, primer, gloss and lacquer, so it should be a little better protected. Ideally, if I'd have had time Id have removed all of the steering rack, etc but unfortunately that was not going to happen on this trip.

I've nailed down the spec of the build with John now, which is good. After splitting the head/block, there is some standing-still damage to the top of a couple of the bores, that honing would not sort. So, rather than shell out for a re-bore, we are going to fit a JP4 lump. It will actually work out more cost effective and was supposed to be the plan from the start. So, got a few J4 components for sale soon

Couple of pics, then bed I think... more updates tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6754.jpg   IMG_6757.jpg   IMG_6758.jpg   IMG_6762.jpg  

IMG_6763.jpg  

Quote:
Old 15th May 2010, 00:20   #226
Simop
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDE-VTR-TURBO View Post
Sounds great simo - whats the thinking behind the ma box spline kit that gmc do??

worth buying?
For many years Ive used the AP twin plate lug drive clutch, which is a great bit of kit, but its far too harsh for road driving. I think this is why its worn out as its very difficult to creep in traffic, etc.

I'm a bit dubious about whether the MA setup will last with the power the engine should produce, so I'm giving the MA the best chance possible. By fitting the larger spline with its supporting bearing, hopefully the awful clutch judder Ive had will be removed. Its a decision I have to make now, as if I use the spline kit I need a larger splined clutch... so rather than fit a std spline clutch and then decide to upgrade splines later (which wont fit the clutch then), I've opted to give this setup a try.

Quote:
Old 15th May 2010, 18:39   #227
Graemep
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): FN2 Civic Type-R
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!

glad to see this is moving on fast dude

good call on the jp4 lump aswell! shame thought seeing as your original lump only has low miles on
Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2010, 19:26   #228
Simop
Administrator

Yeah, the reason I originally decided to keep my J4 is because it had only done around 20k miles and I knew it's history... But the JP4 has only done 17k, so it's all good!

Quote:
Old 19th May 2010, 20:28   #229
fairmorn308
L-plater

fairmorn308 is on a distinguished road

Any updates Simo?
fairmorn308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 01:03   #230
Simop
Administrator

Updates... yeah, there is some stuff going on

The turbo has arrived back. John suspected the centre housing was cracked internally as there were signs of water leaking into the oil, as well as oil leaking out. If this was the case, I'm hoping this will be accepted as a manufacturing defect, but time will tell. In either case, the turbo has been fitted with a new centre housing. I just dont yet know if I have to pay for it or not

John has stripped the JP4 block down and is on with fitting the forged pistons/rods, etc. I've ordered some competition driveshafts, which should hopefully arrive at GMC at the end of this week.

I'm keen for the double master cylinder setup to arrive, as I'm interested to see that installed. Im hopeful this will give a big improvement with my brakes, due the the volume of fluid needed to work with the large 4-pots. Twin cylinders should be a nice upgrade

Quote:
Old 20th May 2010, 01:14   #231
Maxwell
Established Member
Ireland Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta ST-2, Saxo VTS ph2
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Maxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant future

he can talk like fuck cant he....and some wee work shop he has too
Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 01:30   #232
bigbarnett

Car(s): vw golf mk4 1.4 16v soon to be getting a pha
bigbarnett is on a distinguished road

I just cant help but think you have a tree in your back garden the grows £100 notes on it.
it dose look like you have spent a fair bit off money on it and it looks good and am only guessing that it goes like a rocket good work any way and keep it up

barnett
bigbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 12:23   #233
Cupra-Craig
Established Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Cupra-Craig is a name known to allCupra-Craig is a name known to allCupra-Craig is a name known to allCupra-Craig is a name known to allCupra-Craig is a name known to allCupra-Craig is a name known to all

any update simo
Old 25th May 2010, 12:51   #234
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Westfield
J222JRA is on a distinguished road

Simo is on holiday guys, im sure there will be a good update on his return.

James
J222JRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 00:49   #235
Simop
Administrator

Well, last couple of days on holiday now and Ive started to think about the damn car again I'm actually missing lying underneath it in the cold, looking for the next thing to fix or improve.

Whilst I've been away a few things have been going on. The competition driveshafts should have arrived a week or so back - will be interesting to trial these and see how they fair. They are cheaper than genuine Citroen shafts, so if they are an improvement - bonus!

The Predator ECU has been built by Andy, who has spoken to John about engine/fuelling config' and has had a best effort at creating a base map, which should hopefully simplify the mapping on the rollers. The tracking reference shows that the ECU was delivered yesterday - on a bank holiday? Thanks mister Postie.

Before I came on holiday John told me he'd fitted the forged pistons/rods to the JP4 lump. The new race valves were partially fitted and were reported to be a fair bit larger than the JP4 items, which should help things along nicely.

Will update more when I learn something worth sharing I think the build is going to take quite a few weeks yet.

Simo

Quote:
Old 1st June 2010, 00:52   #236
SnaRe
Established Member
South West Region Member

Car(s): Posi Blue Furio
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
SnaRe is on a distinguished road

Ooh. It's gonna be a nice little surprise for you as it is for us to read! When are you back from holiday?
SnaRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 00:56   #237
Lippy
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): Nitrous'd Saxo VTS '52 Plate (S33 VTS)
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Lippy is on a distinguished road

id be interested to see a piccy or link for the twin MC upgrade! who sells that? sounds funky and ive never seen 1 before

Icelandic vts Progress Thread
Cars life story Post 1
Lippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 18:07   #238
linksmiter
L-plater

linksmiter is on a distinguished road

Amazing !
linksmiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 18:18   #239
Graemep
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): FN2 Civic Type-R
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!

doesnt sound like its going to make fcs dude fingers crossed it does though!

I might have my new car this week aswell (fingers crossed)

im thinking track days this year?
Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 18:22   #240
Simop
Administrator

There's no way it's gonna make fcs dude. I doubt I could afford to pick it up so soon after this holiday either lol.

The new pistons will need to bed in too... Then have the bumpers to sort. Should all be fettled before august I reckon

What's the new Brum brum then?

Quote: