Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 5th May 2010, 01:11   #181
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

A little progress tonight, but i'm now just waiting for the parts to arrive from Tweeks. Got a delivery confirmation email, so they should arrive tomorrow!

Now looking for a car transporter. Found a website you can list as a job and transport peeps bid on your job. See what comes of that overnight. Had one 'bid' within a few minutes of £200. At the top end of what I was hoping, so fingers crossed. Not ruling out the RAC yet

I want the car shipped off on Thursday ideally!!

update : Price bidding war now ongoing... 5 bids now placed. 2 companies out bidding each other (lower)

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 08:34   #182
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Westfield
J222JRA is on a distinguished road

Bidding Wars ftw.
J222JRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 13:10   #183
Tufty
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Black Furio, Amazon Green VT-S Road Beast
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Tufty is on a distinguished road

That sounds awesome haha! What are you hoping to achieve from going to GMC?

Jason
Old 5th May 2010, 15:13   #184
Simop
Administrator

Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!
Default Re: Simo's Turbo re-build Progress (engine bay almost ready...)

Hoping to achieve? Do yo mean power wise or in general? Lol.

The spec before the rebuild was 190@wheels, so will need to be more than that. I think the spec will be good for much more power than the gearbox will handle, so will more than likely limit the boost.

I would think 250@wheels should be easily achieved. Time will tell... And final power depends on strength of current transmission.

The most important thing to me is that the engine will now be built more robustly and should be even more reliable!??

Quote:
Old 5th May 2010, 16:42   #185
AndySAXOp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo's, Corsa (Daily)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
AndySAXO is on a distinguished road

not really a turbo fan to be fair boosting is cheating btw!

been going though this and like the work going in to it, always seem pictures of this car, never in the flesh, love to see this at FCS!

good luck
AndySAXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 16:59   #186
Tufty
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Hoping to achieve? Do yo mean power wise or in general? Lol.

The spec before the rebuild was 190@wheels, so will need to be more than that. I think the spec will be good for much more power than the gearbox will handle, so will more than likely limit the boost.

I would think 250@wheels should be easily achieved. Time will tell... And final power depends on strength of current transmission.

The most important thing tome is that the engine will now be built more robustly and should be even more reliable!??
Yeah, thats what i meant bud, power.

Thats going to be pretty insane to be honest! What was it like round a track with 190bhp going through the front wheels?

Jason
Old 5th May 2010, 17:14   #187
Simop
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tufty View Post
Yeah, thats what i meant bud, power.

Thats going to be pretty insane to be honest! What was it like round a track with 190bhp going through the front wheels?

Jason
Currently using 17" wheels (some say ghey!) actually helps control the breakaway - so not too bad on track. May replace these with 16's if I can squeeze them around my calipers

Did manage to shear a driveshaft in 2nd gear on track when it did spin up, which was a bit of a pi$$er. lol

Quote:
Old 5th May 2010, 17:18   #188
Simop
Administrator

Well, just logged onto the car transport bidding site thing... pretty impressed! I posted my job and let the transporters do the leg work. Its a reverse style auction.. where lowest bidder wins (taking into account previous feedback, etc, etc).

Will be able to say how good it is after tomorrow. I've just accepted a bid of £140, which I didnt think was too bad to cover 192 miles. The initial bids started at over £200. May have got cheaper, but this offer was for collection & delivery tomorrow, which rocks!

Check it out if you're needing a similar delivery service... http://www.shiply.com/search.php

Quote:
Old 5th May 2010, 17:19   #189
Tufty
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Currently using 17" wheels (some say ghey!) actually helps control the breakaway - so not too bad on track. May replace these with 16's if I can squeeze them around my calipers

Did manage to shear a driveshaft in 2nd gear on track when it did spin up, which was a bit of a pi$$er. lol
Dam, its hard to think that some of the saxos on here survive around track with some of the power going through the shafs etc.....

Do you have any track videos?

The 17" wheel make sense, although it would look a bit weird though!

Jason
Old 5th May 2010, 17:21   #190
Simop
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tufty View Post
Dam, its hard to think that some of the saxos on here survive around track with some of the power going through the shafs etc.....

Do you have any track videos?

The 17" wheel make sense, although it would look a bit weird though!

Jason
Videos are at the top.. in the multimedia section... then the premium section. Quite a selection of stuff in there - all from a few years back now.

Quote:
Old 5th May 2010, 19:25   #191
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Thats a bargain price Simo!!
Old 5th May 2010, 19:36   #192
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Well, just logged onto the car transport bidding site thing... pretty impressed! I posted my job and let the transporters do the leg work. Its a reverse style auction.. where lowest bidder wins (taking into account previous feedback, etc, etc).

Will be able to say how good it is after tomorrow. I've just accepted a bid of £140, which I didnt think was too bad to cover 192 miles. The initial bids started at over £200. May have got cheaper, but this offer was for collection & delivery tomorrow, which rocks!

Check it out if you're needing a similar delivery service... http://www.shiply.com/search.php
Thanks for posting up the link Simo - will definitely be using the service when the time comes, will interested to hear if it all goes well!
Old 6th May 2010, 00:20   #193
Simop
Administrator

What a hectic night! I'll be glad to get rid of the car for a short while

Standard bumper temporary-fitted (but secure), horn & wipers re-fitted. Battery temporary-fitted behind passenger seat. I'm using the std battery for now and will sort this once car is returned from GMC. Power cables trimmed/crimped. Seats re-fitted. The battery box and oil catch tank arrived, but Ive not had chance to fit the catch tank. Will be sorted at GMC I guess?

Now Ive fitted a standard bumper on the front I can see how much work will be needed to re-shape to fit the steel arches I have... if I choose to go down this route - still undecided!

And after all of these loose ends, I eventually got around to giving the car a quick wash. Its been sat under the carport for 3 months and has gathered a LOT of dust & crap. Fingers crossed I've not forgotten anything - the car transporter is collecting this tomorrow at half twelve. So, it will then be fairwell for a good few weeks!

BTW - washing your car in the pitch black is as ghey as it gets!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6705.jpg   IMG_6709.jpg   IMG_6719.jpg   IMG_6726.jpg  

Quote:
Old 6th May 2010, 13:35   #194
Simop
Administrator

Hope I've not forgotten anything, as my car is now on the way up the M6. Bonus points if anyone manages to see it and take a snap

Now to pen down the jobs for GMC to complete
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6727.jpg   IMG_6736.jpg  

Quote:
Old 6th May 2010, 20:24   #195
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Did it arrive Simo??
Old 6th May 2010, 21:02   #196
Simop
Administrator

Default Re: Simo's Turbo re-build Progress (engine bay almost ready...)

I've had a text from the delivery guy to say it's been delivered ok, but I need to confirm with John

Fingers crossed!

Quote:
Old 6th May 2010, 22:25   #197
mclarenmatt
Frequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): 1) MK2 VTR 2) Grande Punto Sporting 1.9TDI
mclarenmatt is on a distinguished road

You keeping all the body kit on it Simo?

Its actually nice to see one with a kit on ... hardly any about now it seems!
mclarenmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 22:31   #198
Simop
Administrator

John's confirmed its arrived...

The kit - I'm undecided what to do. I'd like to keep the arches on, but have considered removing them. I dont like the front bumper and now I've moved the intercooler to make it less prominent, the old front bumper doesnt really serve a purpose... other than it fits the wider arches

I've picked up standard front & rear bumpers and will have a play around when I get the car back, then decide what Im doing body-wise.

Quote:
Old 6th May 2010, 22:35   #199
webby
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
webby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of light

Would look really well with the standard bumpers brought out to meet the arches.
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 22:44   #200
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

I agree with webby !