Mobile Devices: Lite Theme CitroŽn: CitroŽn Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience


Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Vehicle Insurance

Vehicle Insurance Please use this forum to discuss vehicle insurance companies, services, quotations, recommendations, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th March 2020, 21:05   #1
DAN_ADRIANFLUX
L-plater
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 92
DAN_ADRIANFLUX is on a distinguished road
Default Adrian Flux - Current Situation

Hi.

Just to let you know we are still very much open and hopefully its business as usual wherever possible.

As from Monday our quotes team will be on hand for any new quotations as per the below:-

Monday Ė Friday 9 am Ė 6 pm

Saturday Ė 9 am Ė 4 pm

Sunday 10 am -2 pm

Currently our service teams opening hours for existing clients are unaffected.

Please feel free to visit the following FAQ link for advice around Coronavirus and insurance:-

https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/blog/20...insurance.html

During this uncertain period you may wish to look into laid up insurance so if this is the case please feel free to drop me a line.

Stay safe.

Regards,

Dan.
DAN_ADRIANFLUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2020, 22:02   #2
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member
 
MartinObviously's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Perth
Posts: 3,405
Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peugeot 106 Rallye
MartinObviously is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanks for that

So obviously as I'm working at home my car is pretty much parked 24 hours a day.

But, if I need to use my car for a work purpose, as I work for local government, I'm assuming that I'm covered for what is technically a business use of my car, or will I have to phone up and add this separately if I need to?

Cheers

Martin
__________________
The rain kept a trollin'
MartinObviously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2020, 11:26   #3
DAN_ADRIANFLUX
L-plater
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 92
DAN_ADRIANFLUX is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinObviously View Post
Thanks for that

So obviously as I'm working at home my car is pretty much parked 24 hours a day.

But, if I need to use my car for a work purpose, as I work for local government, I'm assuming that I'm covered for what is technically a business use of my car, or will I have to phone up and add this separately if I need to?

Cheers

Martin
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the message and does your policy have Business Usage included? If not you will really need to speak to your insurer to see if they can include as it is deemed more of a risk than Social, Domestic and Pleasure.

I'd say if you have always been required to use the vehicle for the course of your employment it should have been included at the start.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Regards,

Dan
DAN_ADRIANFLUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2020, 11:02   #4
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member
 
MartinObviously's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Perth
Posts: 3,405
Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peugeot 106 Rallye
MartinObviously is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_ADRIANFLUX View Post
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the message and does your policy have Business Usage included? If not you will really need to speak to your insurer to see if they can include as it is deemed more of a risk than Social, Domestic and Pleasure.

I'd say if you have always been required to use the vehicle for the course of your employment it should have been included at the start.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Regards,

Dan
No worries

I'll give you a phone if I need to use my car for business use, as both my policies are with AF

I just wasn't sure, thought insurers may have temporarily included it, I just imagine the phone lines being flooded with people wanting to add it to their insurance taking up capacity/office time.

All the best

Martin.
__________________
The rain kept a trollin'
MartinObviously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2020, 11:56   #5
DAN_ADRIANFLUX
L-plater
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 92
DAN_ADRIANFLUX is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinObviously View Post
No worries

I'll give you a phone if I need to use my car for business use, as both my policies are with AF

I just wasn't sure, thought insurers may have temporarily included it, I just imagine the phone lines being flooded with people wanting to add it to their insurance taking up capacity/office time.

All the best

Martin.
Hi again Martin,

Thanks for responding and of course for insuring through us here at Flux.

To be honest I don't believe insurers are just temporarily including business usage on policies - ideally they'd still need to have a record. There are instances where those wishing to help their community but hadn't had the relevant usage can have at no extra cost.

Perhaps when you need to use just give our service guys a call to be on the safe side.

Thanks.

Dan
DAN_ADRIANFLUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:44.