Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 15th January 2009, 23:22   #1
stu-n-shell
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): posi blue desire vt lookalike
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
stu-n-shell has much to be proud ofstu-n-shell has much to be proud ofstu-n-shell has much to be proud ofstu-n-shell has much to be proud ofstu-n-shell has much to be proud ofstu-n-shell has much to be proud ofstu-n-shell has much to be proud ofstu-n-shell has much to be proud of
Default gmc 8v mani

ive got a gmc 8v mani for my 1.1 now it has two holes for the lambda sensors one for the lower and one for the top one now if i put the top censor in the mani will the engine managment light come on? or should i just put the censor in a sleve and block the hole in the mani? cheers

my progress thread http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=134399
mod and small retrims pm for price
stu-n-shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 23:30   #2
SaxoJamie
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): 2x 106 GTi
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
SaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu-n-shell View Post
ive got a gmc 8v mani for my 1.1 now it has two holes for the lambda sensors one for the lower and one for the top one now if i put the top censor in the mani will the engine managment light come on? or should i just put the censor in a sleve and block the hole in the mani? cheers
does your 1.1 have cat in mani or cat under car? you could put the 1st lambda sensor in the top of the mani & sleeve the 2nd one (one after the cat) make the em light go off how many lambda's your car got?
SaxoJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 23:36   #3
stu-n-shell
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

stu-n-shell has much to be proud ofstu-n-shell has much to be proud ofstu-n-shell has much to be proud ofstu-n-shell has much to be proud ofstu-n-shell has much to be proud ofstu-n-shell has much to be proud ofstu-n-shell has much to be proud ofstu-n-shell has much to be proud of

its got 2. and the cat is in the down pipe it has one sensor in the top of the cat and one after i will put the one after the cat in the hole and the one before is the one im mainly asking about.

Old 15th January 2009, 23:39   #4
SaxoJamie
Saxperience Forum Bum

SaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team member

Quote:
its got 2. and the cat is in the down pipe it has one sensor in the top of the cat and one after i will put the one after the cat in the hole and the one before is the one im mainly asking about.
so it's under the car?
Old 15th January 2009, 23:41   #5
stu-n-shell
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

no its a mk2 silver top so its in the down pipe atached to the mani. just wanna know wich one to sleave so the em light doesnt come on.does it make any difference to the car if the em light is on mot is not until next year now and i have already blanked the air bag light off so i could do the same with the em light if it doesnt do the car anyharm?

Old 15th January 2009, 23:44   #6
SaxoJamie
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
no its a mk2 silver top so its in the down pipe atached to the mani. just wanna know wich one to sleave so the em light doesnt come on.does it make any difference to the car if the em light is on mot is not until next year now and i have already blanked the air bag light off so i could do the same with the em light if it doesnt do the car anyharm?
put the 1st in top as mani as usual, sleeve the second one. get a sleeve from gmc or pm williamsvts off here he was selling some cheap it won't harm the car if em light is on just means if your car develops a fault somewhere you won't know about it so soon as your light will be on anyway if it is missing the cat. the sleeve will make the light go off

Last edited by SaxoJamie; 15th January 2009 at 23:47.
Old 15th January 2009, 23:45   #7
stu-n-shell
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

ok cool cheers mate.what will iuse for blocking the hole get anothe sensor from a written off car to fill the hole but not connect the cable.

Old 16th January 2009, 08:36   #8
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

I am a little confused as to what you asked. All the GMC manifolds I have ever seen have 1 or no lambda sensors. Have Have started building a dummy sleeve in to it or some one has drilled a extra hold to fit a air fuel ratio readout? Where did you get it from? If you got it direct from GMC I would recommend giving him a call. If you got it used your probably best posting a photo if it so we know what were dealing with.
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 09:16   #9
Dasher_VTR
Frequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): saxo vtr
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Dasher_VTR is a splendid one to beholdDasher_VTR is a splendid one to beholdDasher_VTR is a splendid one to beholdDasher_VTR is a splendid one to beholdDasher_VTR is a splendid one to beholdDasher_VTR is a splendid one to behold

with my supersprint one i just put them both in the holes and no ecu light came on at all.
Old 16th January 2009, 10:27   #10
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Supra,civic GL
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

put them both in the manifold
the top one needs to be in the mani

the second one (that was in the downpipe) is the one that can be sleeved
oh really.....
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 12:02   #11
gd16
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): S/c VT!?
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
gd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXracing View Post
I am a little confused as to what you asked. All the GMC manifolds I have ever seen have 1 or no lambda sensors. Have Have started building a dummy sleeve in to it or some one has drilled a extra hold to fit a air fuel ratio readout? Where did you get it from? If you got it direct from GMC I would recommend giving him a call. If you got it used your probably best posting a photo if it so we know what were dealing with.
Got the manifold from myself.

It has the original lambda hole at the bottom collector, and it also has another one that was place on one of the 4 primaries (for an AFR gauge).

Stu - 1st one needs to be plugged in. 2nd one is used as a comparison to ensure the CAT is working. Obviously with this manifold there is now no CAT - so as long as the air the 2nd sensor is reading is cleaner than that of the first sensor - no EM light.

Probably easiest is to plug 1st sensor in. Get a lambda sleeve for the 2nd sensor. And then for the 2nd hole in the manifold, either a blanking plug (i've seen them before, but couldn't tell you where sales them) or put in a dead sensor with the wires cut so the hole is filled and wires don't get in the way.
gd16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 12:24   #12
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Supra,civic GL
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

blanking plugs can be got from kam racing
oh really.....
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote