Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 16th May 2007, 23:44   #1
blinksta
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTR
blinksta is on a distinguished road
Default Operating Temperature

Hi, i read somewhere that normal operating temp on VTR is really low on the dash indicator, my querie is where should the needle be sitting??

Mine is always just over the half way line and when i leave the car ticking over for more than 2-3 minutes it sets the cooling fan off.

Is this normal?

Can get pics if needed
blinksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 23:46   #2
dalecheesy
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

Car(s): Silver mk1 Saxo Vtr Vectra C derv
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
dalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to behold

Mine stops on the half way mark unless im stuck in traffic then it creeps up to about 3 quarters till the fan kicks in blinksta.
dalecheesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 23:51   #3
blinksta
Infrequent Poster

ah, i read on the net it should not move much above where it is from cold, unless idling for ages
Old 17th May 2007, 00:06   #4
dalecheesy
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

dalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to beholddalecheesy is a splendid one to behold

thats crap mate.bloody internet.lol. i think they all seem to stop about half way. Mine used to shoot right up but it turned out i had a dodgy thermostat. the lad next door has a vtr and his temp is the same. Bout half way unless hes isling ages or hoofing it around.
Previously posted http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...ht=temperature

Last edited by dalecheesy; 17th May 2007 at 00:11.
Old 17th May 2007, 00:11   #5
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

mine stays just below half way and when it goes just past half way the fan kicks in

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2007, 00:25   #6
blinksta
Infrequent Poster

ideally i want mine to run below the half way mark, is there a way of getting it to do this? swapping anything or a coolant flush maybe??
Old 17th May 2007, 00:28   #7
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

you could have a dodgy thermostat as said, a coolant change could help too

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2007, 00:30   #8
dalecheesy
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

Any reason why Blinksta? Only time mine ran that cool was when i ran it without a thermostat in for half an hour in an emergency. a higher concentration of coolant might help but theyre designed to run that hot. Nowt to worry about but if it eases your mind go for it mate. Or you could hard wire the fan if you want it to constantly cool but the thermostat would still need to be open to circulate the water into the radiator.
Old 17th May 2007, 00:34   #9
blinksta
Infrequent Poster

it just concerns me that it runs this hot, and like i said, only a minute or 2 and the fan kick in when in traffic, i'm more worried about when the summer gets here.
Old 17th May 2007, 00:37   #10
dalecheesy
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

Mines the same mate. As long as the fan cuts in its ok. Nothing wrong with giving it a good flush though and new coolant.As long as it never gets to the red at the top its fine.Ps if you bleed it be sure to use a header tank. Steveos has a good guide http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...ht=header+tank

Last edited by dalecheesy; 17th May 2007 at 00:40.
Old 17th May 2007, 17:57   #11
mattyk
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 03 Saxo VTR
mattyk has a spectacular aura aboutmattyk has a spectacular aura about

Mine sits at a quarter If the heater is on and a tad below half if its a warm day and the heater isnt on, fan comes on a little over half
mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote