Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 24th May 2019, 18:02   #121
SpijkerVTS

SpijkerVTS is on a distinguished road

New fuel pressure reg still does it

Last edited by SpijkerVTS; 11th June 2019 at 21:52.
SpijkerVTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2019, 08:57   #122
dturbo
Infrequent Poster

dturbo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpijkerVTS View Post
No eml light on bud, whats lexia bud? Ive taken off my fuel pressure reg checked the pipe feels fine not brittle at all seems strong though, ordered a fuel pressure reg in for tomorrow will give it a crack before shipping it off to my mates thanks!<br><br>Have to say its a good looking garden ornament <br><br>Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk<br><br>
Hi, lexia is the citroen diagnostic kit. You can buy it online (it's a clone of course). Very useful for diagnosing issues.

I am just wondering if it could be the speed sensor from the gearbox. I think I have seen people describe similar issues when that fails, tells the ECU about road speed. I think however that would also give you issues with your speed readout. You could always try just unplugging it to see what effect it has. It is above the driveshaft output on the gearbox (think it sits on the drivers side).

Does it do it cold / hot / both? Have you tried unplugging the O2 sensor? Could it be the power feed to the O2 sensor heater maybe?

Must be very frustrating.
dturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2019, 09:19   #123
SpijkerVTS

Oh i see will look into that lexia, we tried plugging my mates laptop into it hes got delphi software and it kept saying it couldnt connect with it for some reason, the car does it fron hot or cold now, ive replaced the o2 sensor and had a quick rummage to see if i could find any broken wires and didnt soo far, ill check that speed sensor cheers<br><br>Gunna drop it at my mates workshop before i set it a light today <br><br>Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk<br><br>
Old 25th May 2019, 17:56   #124
nuttysaxo
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo Furio
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
nuttysaxo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpijkerVTS View Post
Cheers bud i loved how it looked standard, just drive wise it was far to wobbly to what im used too had to be changed so started building the car i wanted when i was 20 or so now i can afford to do bits aha<br><br>Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk<br><br>
Hello mate , glad you've kept at it , mine went tits up two years back blown head gasket and just generally tired , I dragged it along with me all these years driving my girlfriend up the wall in it ! lol . last time I drove it her friend came down in her merc slk 55 amg they had a drink so I picked them up in the saxo , it scared her ! lol
nuttysaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2019, 21:34   #125
SpijkerVTS

Yeh me too in a way, just sods law summers coming up and now it chooses to not work , haha yeh theyre nippy for what they are and could fall apart at any second so im not surprised hahaha scared a fair few people in the trusty steeds

Last edited by SpijkerVTS; 11th June 2019 at 21:52.
Old 9th June 2019, 01:28   #126
SpijkerVTS

Soo after much fucking about, i sent it off to a buddy he found out when pulling the wires back on this plug that they just fell out from brittleness....you would think boom problem solved...fixed, nope ...it was better and he found out without the icv plugged in it now wouldnt cut out, soo we put the old icv and programmed it turning the key on and off winding it in etc, adjusting the air screw on the throttle body.....and finally she works again about time!<br><br>Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk<br><br>
Old 10th June 2019, 17:39   #127
dturbo
Infrequent Poster

dturbo is on a distinguished road

Great to hear all is well again. What plug was it then?
dturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2019, 20:01   #128
SpijkerVTS

Air temp i believe bud, i think it was mainly the icv valve not being correctly set could of saved me a few pennies but hey ho least i know all the other bits are done <br><br>Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk<br><br>
Old 10th June 2019, 20:07   #129
SpijkerVTS

So now its working i again i remembered how sloppy the steering felt when cornering hard...the coilovers made a world of difference along with the anti roll bar poly's but still too wobbly side to side...so a front end refresh is being done.
New ball joints
New front and rear arm polybushes
New driveshafts mine look old and skanky
New track rod ends

Fingers crossed gets rid of the sloppyness unless its the soft walled uniroyal tyres

Ive also got a cambelt and waterpump kit on the way plus new gearbox oil again...definitely not a fan of 75w80 way to thin for one of these ...so going to chuck in some 75w90 fully synthetic should be alot better!

Last edited by SpijkerVTS; 11th June 2019 at 21:54.
Old 12th June 2019, 08:51   #130
sri_130
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
sri_130 is on a distinguished road

Does look sweet this thing.
Let me know when you're selling it!
sri_130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2019, 19:49   #131
SpijkerVTS

Thanks mate! Hopefully wont be for a while when ive finished it for abit , just needs paint really but i kinda dont want to paint it cos then ill threat about chips scratches swirls etc at the mo i dont care <br><br>Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk<br><br>
Old 12th June 2019, 19:50   #132
SpijkerVTS

Gearbox oil, aux belt and cambelt waterpump turned up today so should be done in a couple days ready for me to actually drive the thing, only done 700 miles in the year ive owned it <br><br>Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk<br><br>
Old 22nd June 2019, 12:24   #133
nuttysaxo
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo Furio
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
nuttysaxo is on a distinguished road

glad you got it sorted mate . mines a pain in the arse , had to drill out the fuel rail bolts to head , can't seem to find these ones anywhere on line , want it sorted before end of year to get it mot'd for the road again
nuttysaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2019, 10:32   #134
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

The MA boxes really like their intended oil, I wouldnt use somrthing different. If your box has a problem then its not oil related if you have 75w80 in it
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2019, 22:25   #135
SpijkerVTS

Ahh really nutty saxo thats annoying i feel for you! Just remember itll be worth it in the end! Yeh mines the original box it came with so i suspect its worn with age, it whines abit in 3rd as well, will eventually get it rebuilt as i was told the other day citroen still do the bits and theyre pretty cheap! Ive put some synthetic oil in it so that its a bit nicer and less notchy from cold seems to of worked pretty well! Got it back last night had a quick blast but been raining....everything ive had done it feels like a totally different car im so pleased with it..ill clean it up at the weekend and put some pics up

Last edited by SpijkerVTS; 27th June 2019 at 16:39.
Old 30th June 2019, 15:19   #136
SpijkerVTS

Excuse the rusty arms , but its now had the bits done and ive given it as best a wash as i can underneath on my drive, so new driveshafts balljoints and polybushes underneath <br><br>Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk<br><br>
Old 1st July 2019, 17:14   #137
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

Get those powerflex rear bush brackets so far to fuck, or take them off and weld gussets on. Theyre hopelessly designed and have strength in one plane only.
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2019, 23:42   #138
VeiRoN
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): Saxò VTS 16v
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
VeiRoN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbastard View Post
Get those powerflex rear bush brackets so far to fuck, or take them off and weld gussets on. Theyre hopelessly designed and have strength in one plane only.
That's interesting,I have the same,purple not black bushes though,but the car hasn't seen the road yet,to be honest they don't look much at all but then again it's not that easy to weld reinforcements on the original bracket itself without blocking access to the bolt,maybe weld a triangle shape reinforcement on each side? Will take a look next time I work on the car.
VeiRoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2019, 18:16   #139
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeiRoN View Post
That's interesting,I have the same,purple not black bushes though,but the car hasn't seen the road yet,to be honest they don't look much at all but then again it's not that easy to weld reinforcements on the original bracket itself without blocking access to the bolt,maybe weld a triangle shape reinforcement on each side? Will take a look next time I work on the car.
Not if you use allen head bolts

However a socket should still fit in there.
Old 4th July 2019, 22:15   #140
SpijkerVTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbastard View Post
Apparently they do a stronger version now so im going to message them for a pair bud<br><br>Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk<br><br>