Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 25th June 2004, 16:15   #1
Dave_J
Infrequent Poster

Dave_J is on a distinguished road

After putting a VTS engine in my 1.1, I have VTS manifold and downpipe, and then after that is just straight through pipe from powerflow.
Only thing is it is so bloody loud and raspy, i have been told i may be losing power.
Anybody else ever heard of this happening? IF so what can I do. Powerflow say they may not be able to do anything.

And it doesnt bloody feel like 130 brake either
Dave_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2004, 16:22   #2
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

you will probably be loosing power because of the lack of boxes within the system and combined with the bore you probably lagging up the system. Read exhausts section on www.gmcmotorsport.co.uk and you will understand what i mean better

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2004, 17:32   #3
Dave_J
Infrequent Poster

Dave_J is on a distinguished road

So basically because I am missing boxes in the system, there is too much shite out off the engine for the exhaust to get rid off, so blocks the exhaust so therefore i lose power? is that right?

So, has anybody ever had a problem like this and how do you get round it. Do you have to put a cat on or just a centre box or something.

Will that stop the rasp as well cause i hate that noise
Dave_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2004, 18:59   #4
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

no having it to large a bore means teh exhaust gases are not escaping as quickly as they should be, thing of blowing down a mcdonalds straw the "gases" flow very quickly away from your mouth, where as if you blow down a drain pipe they dont go very far.

ALso by nothaving boxes you are messing with the way the exhaust bounces sound waves back into the engine to aid exhaust gas removal as well

putting boxes back in will help to remove the rasp

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote