Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 23rd August 2006, 15:27   #1
Chris_Mcj
Regular Poster

Car(s): Volvo V70 2.5T 193BHP, Black Vauxhall Corsa (C) 1.
Chris_Mcj is on a distinguished road
Default 1.1 conversion to Vts

Hi I'm looking to convert my 1.1 to a Vts. Just need some info on the simplest way to do it.
I have used the search facility( which is why i don't post much, as most of my questions get answered), but there seems to be some mixed views on this.

I have a chance to buy a 2002 Vts engine, its done 36,000 miles. Basically its the whole front end, so it comes with driveshafts, brakes and gearbox, manifold and some of the electrics.
I also have the opportunity to purchase a Vtr front end, a little less millage- but I'm thinking about the power... is 20/30 bhp that noticeable if they were both running on the same box?

My car is a 1.1i Mk2, 2001, the engines done nearly done 75k, while the box only 25k. It has a coupla ecu plugs (cant quite remember)

Will it simply slot straight in? will the 1.1 exhaust fit on? will this be restricting it even if it did?
Do you recommend i use the Vts box or the 1.1?
Anyone who has done a conversion from a mk2 engine to another and has had any problem they have had along the way and would like to share would also be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Chris_Mcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2006, 16:12   #2
S34MER
East Midlands
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Skoda Fabia VRS
iTrader Score: 18 (100%)
S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!

better off just buying a VTS matey, will cost you pretty much then same! plus less hassle! insurance might not like the fact your dumping a group 14 engine into your 1.1! so may cost more anyway!

Turbo Diesel is where the future lies

Bow to the VRS
S34MER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2006, 16:18   #3
Chris_Mcj
Regular Poster

Car(s): Volvo V70 2.5T 193BHP, Black Vauxhall Corsa (C) 1.
Chris_Mcj is on a distinguished road

hiya thankyou for replying.
I'm afraid simply selling the 1.1 and buying a vts is not an option, i have thought of it and it is a much better idea but just cannot be done.
engines i can buy for 300, while fitting would be done by myself and my girlfriends dad so that's free...
So...any ideas to my questions i asked?
Chris_Mcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2006, 18:17   #4
Colin
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Saxo Rally Car Evo 6
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Colin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant future

Sounds like an excellent idea 1.1 to VTS. If you can afford it then go for it!
The VTS exhaust has a larger bore than the 1.1. But no doubt you will buy a performance exhaust anyway.

I'd use the VTS box for sure. It will slot straight in providing you have the correct loom and ECU.
Smoking Bozos Since 1988
Colin is offline   Reply With Quote