Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres

Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres If you have queries or information to share regarding Saxo braking, suspension, tyres or transmission systems, please discuss this within this forum.

Old 11th January 2017, 13:23   #1
Jchidders

Jchidders is on a distinguished road
Default Saxo Bilstein B8 or Group N

Hi all, I need some Bilstein shocks for my Rallycross build, but can't afford the off the shelf prices. Does anyone have some used shocks I can buy off them??
Jchidders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 14:13   #2
Bedford126
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic ep3 type r powered by TDI NORTH
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Bedford126 is on a distinguished road

You need to buy premium membership on here to look in the for sale section. I have a friend who is doing rally cross at the min and he's using gaz shocks as if one breaks or starts leaking he can send it off Monday morning and have it returned by Thursday like new. Doesn't cost the world either.
Old 11th January 2017, 15:45   #3
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford126 View Post
You need to buy premium membership on here to look in the for sale section. I have a friend who is doing rally cross at the min and he's using gaz shocks as if one breaks or starts leaking he can send it off Monday morning and have it returned by Thursday like new. Doesn't cost the world either.
GAZ are really not strong enough for Rally or Rallycross. The Bilstein are thicker diameter struts and much stronger. Even they are at the minimum for that kind of usage.
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 19:33   #4
Bedford126
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic ep3 type r powered by TDI NORTH
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Bedford126 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamRacing View Post
GAZ are really not strong enough for Rally or Rallycross. The Bilstein are thicker diameter struts and much stronger. Even they are at the minimum for that kind of usage.
Gaz do a hell of a lot of custom work. I know my mates are pretty much a copy of another make just sent the specs to gaz and they did the rest.

Last edited by Bedford126; 11th January 2017 at 19:42.
Bedford126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2017, 09:45   #5
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford126 View Post
Gaz do a hell of a lot of custom work. I know my mates are pretty much a copy of another make just sent the specs to gaz and they did the rest.
Ok. Without that clarification people may think their off the shelf stuff is up to the job. Even Gaz dont recommend those parts for heavy duty use.
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2017, 22:37   #6
DaCrazyOne
Frequent Poster

Car(s): JuliustoogyJD
DaCrazyOne is on a distinguished road

Bilstein all way.
DaCrazyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 07:16   #7
marlone51

marlone51 is on a distinguished road

There's nothing wrong on buying used Bilstein's as long as the price is right and you know that they are not extremely beaten up. Based on my experience before, I bought used bilstein truck shocks for my rig and after a few months they need to be rebuilt.
marlone51 is offline   Reply With Quote