Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 19th February 2009, 12:38   #1
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Too poor.
Ryyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud of
Default Fellow Disc Jockey's

Anyone own a pair of CDJ's (800's 1000's MK1/2) Or a DJM ?

Any goood Pioneer DJ Stuff ? Worth the dosh ?

Ta
Ryyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 18:39   #2
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Ryyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud of

???
Old 20th February 2009, 19:13   #3
Dr_Lee
L-plater
South East Region Member

Car(s): Mitsubishi L200 Warrior 2.5TD
Dr_Lee is a splendid one to beholdDr_Lee is a splendid one to beholdDr_Lee is a splendid one to beholdDr_Lee is a splendid one to beholdDr_Lee is a splendid one to beholdDr_Lee is a splendid one to beholdDr_Lee is a splendid one to beholdDr_Lee is a splendid one to behold

Wait for the CDJ MK4 to support USB MP3 playback.
In the mean time their CDJ 200 / 400 range does this iirc.
Dr_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 19:59   #4
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

pinoeer is too expensive imo, your just payin for the name, behringer FTW!
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 09:57   #5
djmartin
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): BMW 3.0 X3,toyota mr2 & Skyline R33
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaXo_vtr123 View Post

clearly you know fk all about dj gear lols.

behringer is just a copycat brand that slightly alterts the look of the gear. the internal components are like twice as cheap and are crap.

i.e there new mixer they claim it to be 24bit digital.
it sounds more 16bit.

if you cant afford pioneer have a look at belive it or not gemini and numarks new cdjs

stanton also have an ok solid range I use them myself and had the cd decks for two years and still there goin strong.

and finally denons new ones they also do mp3

you pay for what you get and behringer,citronic,american audio,ion are the worse brands money can buy. though if its looks ur after the Reloop brand cdjs look stunning in my eyes.

if yoru after the CDJ look then id say gemini cdj 505 they are litrally the same as the Pioneer cdj 800's.

thank you mr skyline man
djmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 10:07   #6
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

my mates got 2 x PIONEER CDJ 1000 MK3
and PIONEER DJM 800 mixer along with the good old techies.

I really rekon theyre worth the money, its just so easy using them, i used some cheaper ones, and its not quite as easy but just as good!
Old 21st February 2009, 11:02   #7
djmartin
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): BMW 3.0 X3,toyota mr2 & Skyline R33
djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by db_sax View Post
my mates got 2 x PIONEER CDJ 1000 MK3
and PIONEER DJM 800 mixer along with the good old techies.

I really rekon theyre worth the money, its just so easy using them, i used some cheaper ones, and its not quite as easy but just as good!
i always live by this tho.

lets say you spend £1,600 on a mixer and cdjs.
you have to get your money's worth! if you only djin in your bedroom its pointless buying ''PRO'' gear. you'd be better off slightly downgrading and buying something that still does the same job. that way you have money left over for vital things like cdr's dj bags for your cds etc etc.

I know someone who has a £4k setup in there room.

pioneer svm 1000 mixer
2x pioneer vdj's mk3's
2x 1210's mk3's,
sony mdr v900 headphones
1x pioneer efx-1000

and he has never done a gig in his life! ppl walk in his room and go OMFG! you must dj loads he then tells them he has never done a gig and they look at him like a total idiot!

I personally used to have
2x technics 1210s mk2
2x technics 1200 mk2
1x pioneer djm 600
2x crappy gemini cdjs
1x numark cdn 88 cd rack
2x sony mdr v 700 headphones

I sold most of it and down graded as I thought when will I ever use 4 decks in a club.

I now run

2x stanton c.314 cdjs
1x numark dxm06 24bit digital mixer

I was gonna get pioneer cdj 800 mk3's and a pioneer djm 400.

BUT the point is due to me down grading I had more money left over to buy the real things that matter

good amp system
good monitor speakers

etc etc

and get this, the gear I have does the same job as my old set up c.314s built in sampler and sound fx's they do mp3 then there is the mixer has more effects then the pioneer mixer and its true 24bit digital so its sound quality is slightly better then the djm600 plus due to how its laid out you can really be prasise with ur fx even to how hard you want them to sound etc etc.

in reality I did not loose anything I gained more and still had money left over!....

sooooooooooo the point to all this is.
only buy realyl expensive gear if its gonna get its worth out of it plus you benifit from it.. i.e buy gear then a month or so later your doing gigs and getting your money back .
thank you mr skyline man
djmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 11:43   #8
jc1991
Infrequent Poster

jc1991 will become famous soon enough

ive got some numark gear if anyones interested.Not been used much as well
jc1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 16:20   #9
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Yeh agree with ya there martin, im only a bedroom DJ always keep the same mixer which is a numark DM3050 obv the fader is abit spiked with it being a numark. Then always swapping decks and buying different ones.

The lad i mentioned hes got like a 8k setup in his bedroom, though he has 4/5 internet radio shows on various stations, does live gigs, and last week, he got offered a set in a busy club in Nottingham, so hes getting himself out there, and all his gear is going into good use.

That sort of setup for me, would be mint for getting to grips with the basics of DJing, but i prefer having a bit of a challenge. Obv with the Pioneer CDs's u still have to beat match, but they even do all that and fine a good cueing point for ya! Even though it isnt always the best.
Old 21st February 2009, 17:43   #10
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

i have been looking at the gemini 505 but i prefarebly want one with a sampler, but i might get the 505s and get a peavey grabber sampler. mmmmmm tasty lol

also what is that numark CDJ, the second pic posted?

Last edited by JamesR; 21st February 2009 at 17:45.
Old 21st February 2009, 18:53   #11
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Iv'e already got some Kam KCDJ's and a Gemini 3-Ch Mixer Like so..

...The CD Players are poor but the mixer is fine for now..
Have decided I want Vinyl Decks now lol due to the fact that the Music I'm wanting are onlyavailable on Vinyl Soooo which are the best, Obviously Technics but can't afford them Stanton's line looks solid and the Numark TT500 have caught my eye..

Advice ?
Old 21st February 2009, 19:28   #12
cmh369
Regular Poster
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Posi blue VTR. Silver 1.1 sx
cmh369 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoORaZzAOoO View Post
Iv'e already got some Kam KCDJ's and a Gemini 3-Ch Mixer Like so..

...The CD Players are poor but the mixer is fine for now..
Have decided I want Vinyl Decks now lol due to the fact that the Music I'm wanting are onlyavailable on Vinyl Soooo which are the best, Obviously Technics but can't afford them Stanton's line looks solid and the Numark TT500 have caught my eye..

Advice ?
It's all about the vinyl, soooo much better imo
cmh369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 19:31   #13
saxostuart
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): red 1.0 wonder
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
saxostuart has a spectacular aura aboutsaxostuart has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

ha behringer over pioneer
saxostuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 20:59   #14
alextoffie
Established Member

Car(s): Mauritius blue VTR
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
are you taking the piss?

pioneer all the way, CDJ1000's...

all the clubs use them for a reason
Old 21st February 2009, 21:04   #15
Established Member
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): 62 fiesta tdci
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
666 is on a distinguished road

have a look at numark ttx1's for the vynal
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 21:49   #16
DJ_Kida
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Citreon Saxo 1.6 VTR 8v
DJ_Kida will become famous soon enoughDJ_Kida will become famous soon enough

I agree that some Pioneer gear is way over-priced, but for what some of there mixer's lack in build-strengh they make up for it with features and sound quality. I personally love the sound that the mixers push out. But for me at this stage, the only cdj's i'd go for are the Pioneers.. Used them Technics ones once or twice and i wasnt too impressed. Gonna be good to see what the manufacturers bring out in years to come.
DJ_Kida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 22:08   #17
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

how can poeple say pioneer gear is overpriced? it starts at like £370 n goes up to over a grand, thats like saying, BMW's are all over priced.

i used to have that kam CDj btw!!!
Old 21st February 2009, 22:25   #18
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator

lol i dont have £375 to spend on a CDJ, although i would like to
Old 21st February 2009, 22:46   #19
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

I have CDJ1000IIs and a DJM500

Not overpriced. The mixer is at least 7 years old now and up until last year worked EVERY single weekend, sometimes 4 nights a week and never once let me down. I'e had to replace a chanel fader once and that is it!

For those that say the Pioneer stuff is overpriced, get real!

£550 mixer used for 6 years every weekend, charging a min of £110 a night. You figure it out!

The decks are simply the best out there. I've been there with 1210s, cheaper CD decks and everything else on the market and nothing comes close to it!

When I gave up DJing proffessionaly I was tempted to seel the decks but as they have paid for themselves many, many, many times over, what's the point! They don't owe me anything but years of trouble free DJing.

If I'd been using cheaper equipment I would have had to carry a spare of everything around with me and that is a false economy.

I can pretty much guarantee my system will outlive any of the cheaper, newer ones mentioned earlier on.

A few pics of the overpriced crap:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.

Last edited by craig180; 21st February 2009 at 23:06.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2009, 00:15   #20
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator

i do admit they look sexual lol and undoubtadly do perform, i would love to be able to afford that kind of setup but i cant soooo, have to make do with the cheaper stuff.