Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 10th February 2007, 19:16   #21
BENSAX3
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): under age
BENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant future

normally for the ram it is plug and play if you have xp but the garphics card may need a different power supply depending on what one you get
Old 10th February 2007, 20:20   #22
Robbo
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): 401 bhp r33 skyline
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Robbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENSAX3 View Post
normally for the ram it is plug and play if you have xp but the garphics card may need a different power supply depending on what one you get
yeh i got xp, someone told me the ram is just plug it in. what do you meen different power supply?
Robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2007, 20:30   #23
MTR
Frequent Poster
South West Region Member

Car(s): Mark II VTR [Gold]
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
MTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of light

you will need quite a good card to play Hitman. I'm thinking from your pc you will only have an agp port [what your graphics card 'sit' in] so choices are a tad more limited. One of the final AGP cards was the Geforce 6800GT which is a great card for hitman. Ebay might yeild some great results for that type of card. It needs one extra while molex power connector as it sucks a lot of power from the supply.
Some thing along these lines: Ebay
MTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2007, 21:42   #24
Robbo
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Robbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTR View Post
you will need quite a good card to play Hitman. I'm thinking from your pc you will only have an agp port [what your graphics card 'sit' in] so choices are a tad more limited. One of the final AGP cards was the Geforce 6800GT which is a great card for hitman. Ebay might yeild some great results for that type of card. It needs one extra while molex power connector as it sucks a lot of power from the supply.
mate your a star!

thanks for everyones help

Robbo
Old 11th February 2007, 00:55   #25
MTR
Frequent Poster
South West Region Member

MTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
mate your a star!

thanks for everyones help

Robbo
No problem at all.
Old 11th February 2007, 13:56   #26
Robbo
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTR View Post
just found a problem with this graphics card...... wont it be too high spec for my comp and basically slow my comp down?

getting so much more confusing coz i showed a mate what the gameplay was like and he said its more of a problem with the processor.

reason im wanting to upgrade is im starting to play more pc games and want the most enjoyment.... im not just upgrading so i can play this one game before anyone thinks im weird lol
Old 11th February 2007, 14:34   #27
Col468
L-plater
North West Region Member

Car(s): Toyota Carolla Saxo Furio!
Col468 will become famous soon enough

right, RAM is plug and play, IF it is the correct type of ram, ill explain...

you get different type of ram, most common these days is DDR and DDR2, most older computers use SD... there is also, VRAM, RDRAM, NVRAM, and i could go on...

the type of ram MUST be the same otherwise it just wont fit into your motherboard!

you also get different BUS speeds of the RAM. PC2100, PC2700, PC3200, PC3500, PC3700. if you have 2 ram in your motherboard with different bus speeds then they will both work at the Smaller bus speed.

This doesn't make that much difference but what you don't want to do is waste money buying ram with a faster bus speed than u already have, because it will be more expensive, therefore wasting money.

What you really need to know is what the ram in your computer is now, then buy one the same speed.

and buying a graphics card... make sure you have the slot on your motherboard, i have an APG is the port that you plug it into on the board.
you get PCI, PCI-Express, and APG. PCI all motherboards have (apart from older ones that have ICA, but forget about that) computers that are 2 years old will most probably have APG but PCI-Express is now the best.

I can explain this to you all day, but what we really need to know is the full spec of your computer. lol.
Col468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 14:35   #28
Col468
L-plater
North West Region Member

Car(s): Toyota Carolla Saxo Furio!
Col468 will become famous soon enough

i 4got to highlight
make sure you have the slot on your motherboard for your graphics card
Col468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 18:49   #29
MTR
Frequent Poster
South West Region Member

It's true your CPU could be a lot better but with 1GIG of mem and the graphics card i mentioned you'd still have a good games playing machine. In time you could put a faster AMD CPU in there but best bang-for-buck at the moment will be the card and ram.
Old 11th February 2007, 21:19   #30
djmartin
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): BMW 3.0 X3,toyota mr2 & Skyline R33
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!

geforce get that card there sick

tbh the trade rate at the moment is low for RAM......PM and i can get you the stuff at trade rate .
thank you mr skyline man
djmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 22:42   #31
furiomike
Established Member
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): A4 B7 2.0T Quattro
furiomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud of

it seems a bit drastic, all this upgrading for one game. especially when you could buy it for the 360 and buy a 360 as well for about the same price lol.

did you say you have other games that work properly? like which games? did we establish what grapics card you have. tbh a 1.8ghz sempron/512 ram is a bit 2003 in terms of decent performance.
furiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 22:53   #32
djmartin
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): BMW 3.0 X3,toyota mr2 & Skyline R33
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!

yeh these days its dual processers and stuff now.

also if your goin for this kind of upgrade i you buy alot of games or you just aint gonna get your moneys worth in using it hence why like said above may aswell buy a 360 or a ps3
thank you mr skyline man
djmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 23:05   #33
furiomike
Established Member
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): A4 B7 2.0T Quattro
furiomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud of

anyway its a dempanding game. i have a 2.8ghz p4 dual core, 1gb ram, x800 256mb and i know it wouldnt run it too great
furiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2007, 17:05   #34
Robbo
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furiomike View Post
it seems a bit drastic, all this upgrading for one game. especially when you could buy it for the 360 and buy a 360 as well for about the same price lol.

did you say you have other games that work properly? like which games? did we establish what grapics card you have. tbh a 1.8ghz sempron/512 ram is a bit 2003 in terms of decent performance.
its not just for one game, im starting to play more and more pc games and enjoy them more than the 360 so its probably best to upgrade a few things here and there