Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Saxperience Announcements & Updates

Saxperience Announcements & Updates Saxperience is continually evolving and adapting. Notices introducing / explaining changes to the functionality of the community will be posted within this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 6th January 2004, 23:33   #1
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!
Default script performance - Access DB

Server investigations are currently underway.

Please could a few of you log your script execution times here..

Thanks,

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Old 7th January 2004, 00:07   #2
Bish

Bish is on a distinguished road

Hi Simo

Just read your post on the Fasthosts Forum regarding the timeouts with your AccessDB. I had excatly the same thing when I first created a site with Fasthosts with an AccessDB backend. When I did speak to Fasthosts they said that I shouldn't be using Access because they don't fully support it!! Go figure!!
Anyways, I eventually convert my AccessDB to a MySQL one using a Access2MySQL Converter. Then all I had to do is change the connection string in my ASP pages and volia! All is now A1 perfect and much faster!! If you want a copy of the prog, let me know and I'll email it to you.

Regards

Bish
Old 7th January 2004, 00:07   #3
GreenSaxo
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Cammed Saxo "desire" 16v
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
GreenSaxo is a well respected team memberGreenSaxo is a well respected team memberGreenSaxo is a well respected team memberGreenSaxo is a well respected team memberGreenSaxo is a well respected team memberGreenSaxo is a well respected team memberGreenSaxo is a well respected team memberGreenSaxo is a well respected team memberGreenSaxo is a well respected team memberGreenSaxo is a well respected team memberGreenSaxo is a well respected team member

gen chat : Script Execution: 5.17 seconds

this thread: Script Execution: 4.12 seconds

Old 7th January 2004, 00:08   #4
GreenSaxo
Saxperience Addict

GreenSaxo is a well respected team memberGreenSaxo is a well respected team memberGreenSaxo is a well respected team memberGreenSaxo is a well respected team memberGreenSaxo is a well respected team memberGreenSaxo is a well respected team memberGreenSaxo is a well respected team memberGreenSaxo is a well respected team memberGreenSaxo is a well respected team memberGreenSaxo is a well respected team memberGreenSaxo is a well respected team member

to do above reply and show thread: Script Execution: 1.08 seconds
Old 7th January 2004, 00:39   #5
GreenSaxo
Saxperience Addict

been getting lots of

internal server errors and other errors for last 10mins

load this thread: Script Execution: 1.31 seconds
Old 7th January 2004, 01:37   #6
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Script Execution: 22.02 seconds

and thats me on the new broadband and my new pc

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Old 7th January 2004, 05:20   #7
GreenSaxo
Saxperience Addict

on my newish pc and snail-up to load this thread: Script Execution: 1.48 seconds
Old 7th January 2004, 15:27   #8
Simop
Administrator

Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bish
Hi Simo

Just read your post on the Fasthosts Forum regarding the timeouts with your AccessDB. I had excatly the same thing when I first created a site with Fasthosts with an AccessDB backend. When I did speak to Fasthosts they said that I shouldn't be using Access because they don't fully support it!! Go figure!!
Anyways, I eventually convert my AccessDB to a MySQL one using a Access2MySQL Converter. Then all I had to do is change the connection string in my ASP pages and volia! All is now A1 perfect and much faster!! If you want a copy of the prog, let me know and I'll email it to you.

Regards

Bish
Thanks for the comment Bish,

I decided a long time ago that Access had to go and last night I finally made the decision to move away from it! MySQL seems to be the best alternative, which also leaves the option of moving to PHP in the future..

Regarding yesterday's poor server performance, fasthosts have admitted a server problem and say the issue is resolved. Fingers crossed.

Scott, regarding your broadband/script times... the time noted is the time it takes the server to process the code on the page, before sending it to your browser... so having broadband shouldn't really affect the script time... it was just the server was being

Script Execution: 0.83 seconds Transactions: 20

Quote:
Old 7th January 2004, 15:30   #9
Areke
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Subaru Impreza 2.5t WRX Seat Leon 1.9D businessli
Areke is a jewel in the roughAreke is a jewel in the roughAreke is a jewel in the rough

Script Execution: 0.88 seconds
Old 7th January 2004, 15:31   #10
Areke
Saxperience Addict

Areke is a jewel in the roughAreke is a jewel in the roughAreke is a jewel in the rough

Script Execution: 2.59 seconds
Old 7th January 2004, 15:32   #11
Areke
Saxperience Addict

Script Execution: 0.71 seconds
Old 7th January 2004, 15:33   #12
Areke
Saxperience Addict

Script Execution: 5.91 seconds
Old 7th January 2004, 15:33   #13
Simop
Administrator

Hi Ar'

Quote:
Old 7th January 2004, 15:45   #14
Areke
Saxperience Addict

hi simo
Old 7th January 2004, 18:27   #15
GreenSaxo
Saxperience Addict

Script Execution: 72.27 seconds
Old 7th January 2004, 18:29   #16
GreenSaxo
Saxperience Addict

to do above reply...

Script Execution: 5.31 seconds
Old 7th January 2004, 18:32   #17
GreenSaxo
Saxperience Addict

to do above reply

Script Execution: 45.69 seconds
Old 7th January 2004, 18:37   #18
Keir
Established Member

Keir will become famous soon enough

Script Execution: 5.72 seconds
Old 7th January 2004, 18:45   #19
Simop
Administrator

Just sit back and wait for the new database now then 's

Quote:
Old 8th January 2004, 00:14   #20
GreenSaxo
Saxperience Addict

ok

im waiting

Closed Thread