Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 4th December 2008, 21:02   #21
VTS-Boi
Regular Poster
South Wales Region Member

VTS-Boi is a jewel in the roughVTS-Boi is a jewel in the roughVTS-Boi is a jewel in the roughVTS-Boi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Your sig is completely irrelivant.

Staff treat idiots the same if they are premium or unpaid.

If you act like a cock you will be banned either way.
they start making it known then!! will be nice to see if these idiots of premium members i mentioned will get any sort of warning!

are you going to warn them both mate? - if so please prove it as i'm not letting people push other people around just because they are power mad!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdex2008 View Post
ffs if there was only one thread about each problem it would result in some threads being pages and pages long... i for one am not going to trawl through 40 odd pages to find the answer to a question that was asked a few year back ... re asking of the question brings up fresh ideas on problems etc. I think the point that you dont have to reply is very valid. If its a question that you have answered before dont answer it again, you dont have to, your not contractually obliged to do it. When i first came on the site i got shouted down within about 10 mins .. didnt bother with the site for a while after that. Is that what weare trying to promote?? people who dont ask reasonable questions should just piss off?
exactly my point mate
if your in a rush you dont want to search for hours on end .... would anyone else do this? doubt it!

Last edited by VTS-Boi; 4th December 2008 at 21:07.
VTS-Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 21:04   #22
VTS-Boi
Regular Poster

VTS-Boi is a jewel in the roughVTS-Boi is a jewel in the roughVTS-Boi is a jewel in the roughVTS-Boi is a jewel in the rough

also - if you want to be fair to all people and you still wanna complain about not searching then please be FAIR in this and start moaning and being agressive towards all those TOP GEAR REMINDER threads that people start!

if they like top gear then theres a chance they will know its on and dont need reminding every sunday but nothing gets said!!

P.S - everyones to their own and my sig is relevant to me and those who feel the same!!
and like i said - look at the people who are disagreein with me.....a premium member and a moderator??
Old 4th December 2008, 21:08   #23
dobbo_1
Established Member
North Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): saxo vtr mk2
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
dobbo_1 is a splendid one to beholddobbo_1 is a splendid one to beholddobbo_1 is a splendid one to beholddobbo_1 is a splendid one to beholddobbo_1 is a splendid one to beholddobbo_1 is a splendid one to behold

lol mate why make out we should all be banned for saying search? i have not be agresive to anyone all i said is search because it has been said many times before and also if people search they will find other things on the site and gain ideas to do on there car ect ect
Old 4th December 2008, 21:11   #24
dobbo_1
Established Member

dobbo_1 is a splendid one to beholddobbo_1 is a splendid one to beholddobbo_1 is a splendid one to beholddobbo_1 is a splendid one to beholddobbo_1 is a splendid one to beholddobbo_1 is a splendid one to behold

even one of the most established members on hear thinks people should search mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator_VTR View Post
well im going to say it too use the search button, if you cant find anything then your using it wrong, the search page has a lot of features on it

also check the stickies, i made a guide for doing this

these are both in the rules
Old 4th December 2008, 21:18   #25
VTS-Boi
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbo_1 View Post
not atal mate just fed up of people who dont know how to use the search button and the site is turning in to the same fucking threads every day!:wal l:
thats your post mate - your clearly getting aggressive and there was no need of it!

getting angry about someone not searching is really childish mate! its an internet site dont let it get to you (as said in the thread)!

so lets talk about the top gear reminders every sunday!
pointless threads that are made all the time
how would you feel if people started making bad remakes in those threads and why are there so many of the same threads?
Old 4th December 2008, 21:21   #26
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

If someone asks a geniune question then answer or post a link to that answer. The thread can then be closed or you may find that it goes off in a new direction

Problem with the internet is that sometimes comments are misinterpretted. You can come across as flirtatious, retarded or a cunt without actually meaning it.

Last edited by KamRacing; 4th December 2008 at 21:31.
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 21:25   #27
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTS-Boi View Post
they start making it known then!!
We do warn people hence why so many of the idiots on here allways whinge about mods being unfair.

We dont have to justify ourselves to you, or send you a pm informing you who we warn either.

At the end of the day, some people are harsh, BUT some people bring it on themselves when they ask a question that is in the FAQ, was asked the same day and is on that page, or gets asked several times a week so there is plenty of reading to be of use.
Old 4th December 2008, 21:36   #28
dobbo_1
Established Member

ok people are never going to agree on this are they?? so why bother making the thread?
has your e-penis grown a few inches because of it? at the end of the day every body has freedom of speech so people can ask what they like and some people are not going to give answers that people want, also how does swearing make it aggressive? i would class agressive as search or im going to batter you or something along those lines.
Old 4th December 2008, 21:36   #29
gdex2008
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Posi blue furio - bit tatty atm. Cant wait till i
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
gdex2008 will become famous soon enoughgdex2008 will become famous soon enough

adding bhp & torque - a typical example of a thread atarted and then people who dont want to help just being dicks

Thats me out of the argument now, i sense circles will start to form soon
gdex2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 21:42   #30
VTS-Boi
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamRacing View Post
If someone asks a geniune question then answer or post a link to that answer. The thread can then be closed or you may find that it goes off in a new direction

Problem with the internet is that sometimes comments are misinterpretted. You can come across as flirtatious, retarded or a cunt without actually meaning it.
thank you thats what ive been trying to get at!
but im just really annoyed when people post stupid comments and not helpful answers and then whoever reads the thread ends up blaming the thread starter for being a cock or whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
We do warn people hence why so many of the idiots on here allways whinge about mods being unfair.

We dont have to justify ourselves to you, or send you a pm informing you who we warn either.

At the end of the day, some people are harsh, BUT some people bring it on themselves when they ask a question that is in the FAQ, was asked the same day and is on that page, or gets asked several times a week so there is plenty of reading to be of use.
some newbies dont spend their lives on the internet and dont know how to search or what to search for so when they ask a question dont give them a stupid answer when you could of gave them a helpful answer! thats my point!

also why aint you addressin the top gear reminder threads ryan?
too many out there and they are all the same thing but yet people dont say shit about them!

im a top gear fan and watch it every sunday but theres always 2/3threads on reminders that none of you seem to mind!

eye for an eye!
in order to stop the same threads - stop blamin the newbies that generally want help and start tacklin the people who make the same pointless threads about a TV show! or it that too much to ask??
Old 4th December 2008, 21:48   #31
VTS-Boi
Regular Poster

Quote:
ok people are never going to agree on this are they?? so why bother making the thread?
has your e-penis grown a few inches because of it? at the end of the day every body has freedom of speech so people can ask what they like and some people are not going to give answers that people want, also how does swearing make it aggressive? i would class agressive as search or im going to batter you or something along those lines.
your a twat and im going to stop arguin with you as im going to get a warning for being a asshole/cock or whatever because of obvious reasons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdex2008 View Post
adding bhp & torque - a typical example of a thread atarted and then people who dont want to help just being dicks

Thats me out of the argument now, i sense circles will start to form soon
cirlces are already formed mate which pisses me off!! and its the same people all the time!

and on that thread .... oh look DOBBO_1 is being a total twat yet again!! hes a twat and starts arguements half the time!

and ryan i agree with what you wrote on that thread mate and you can see that DOBBO_1 is an arguement starter just because hes in a mood! exactly wot he did on the other thread i mentioned earlier!

so going back to the start - people like DOBBO_1 should stop being twats and the sax-p site would be a much better place
Old 4th December 2008, 21:56   #32
dobbo_1
Established Member

Quote:
your a twat and im going to stop arguin with you as im going to get a warning for being a asshole/cock or whatever because of obvious reasons!

so going back to the start - people like DOBBO_1 should stop being twats and the sax-p site would be a much better place
listen mate the only arguments i have been in are this one and the one with don and some newbie where he firstly started kicking off so we all exchanged a bit of banter and we were all laffing about it at the end of the day and as for calling me a twat you dont know me so dont judge me ok? and as for this thread its asif you made it to start arguments by mentioning names did you really think i would not say anything and deffend my self and the reasons for what i say??
Old 4th December 2008, 22:00   #33
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
some newbies dont spend their lives on the internet and dont know how to search or what to search for so when they ask a question dont give them a stupid answer when you could of gave them a helpful answer! thats my point!

also why aint you addressin the top gear reminder threads ryan?
too many out there and they are all the same thing but yet people dont say shit about them!

im a top gear fan and watch it every sunday but theres always 2/3threads on reminders that none of you seem to mind!

eye for an eye!
in order to stop the same threads - stop blamin the newbies that generally want help and start tacklin the people who make the same pointless threads about a TV show! or it that too much to ask??

As i staed clearly, is it an EXCUSE to post the same thread when on the SAME page there is the same thread title 'best exhaust' for example.

Then top gear reminders, do you think we sit on here all day removing stuff, if you knew we tend to remove alot of reposts.

Theres a difference between asking for advice thats allready covered and posting a thread reminding members not to miss something they enjoy.

One is giving one is taking.

I spend ALOT of time in the technical sections, I put alot of work in over the last two years getting them up to standard so i probably know them better than any other user. If you saw how often I had had to put up with utter shite being asked from new users that is in FAQ, that i personally wrote, or on the same page you would see why people get fed up.

Especially as the welcome pm states what things are for.
Old 4th December 2008, 22:00   #34
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

At the end of the day the majority of Newbie questions have already been answered a million times before. If they can't see and read, or can't be bothered to read the highlighted "Forum Rules" thread at the top of each forum then they will no doubt get shit from a million internet warriors or myself.
I'm not saying it's right, but I am saying the rules are there for a reason and are easy enough to find and read by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to craig180 For This Useful Post:
Old 4th December 2008, 22:01   #35
dobbo_1
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo180 View Post
At the end of the day the majority of Newbie questions have already been answered a million times before. If they can't see and read, or can't be bothered to read the highlighted "Forum Rules" thread at the top of each forum then they will no doubt get shit from a million internet warriors or myself.
I'm not saying it's right, but I am saying the rules are there for a reason and are easy enough to find and read by all
summed up perfectly
Old 4th December 2008, 22:02   #36
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

and one more thing.

WHY should people give up time to try and help if people cant be bothered to read what is there.

its respect both ways.
Old 4th December 2008, 22:39   #37
gdex2008
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Posi blue furio - bit tatty atm. Cant wait till i
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
gdex2008 will become famous soon enoughgdex2008 will become famous soon enough

just wish people wouldnt belittle/jump down peoples throats... but its a fair point.
gdex2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 22:55   #38
TU-Tuning
Saxperience Hardcore!
South West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): JP4urio, 306 DTurbo SportShed
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo180 View Post
Agreed, but equally theres a culture where quite a few members jump on the bandwagon, and you get ten posts saying 'Search', 'ffs search are your retarded', or some random picture. They should have read it but its not the warmest welcome
TU-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 23:42   #39
Tim_W
Frequent Poster
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): MK1 Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
mate at the end of the day people are fed up of reading the same posts everyday and answering the same questions when i came to the site i took the time to read through and look around the site to gain ideas and answer my questions i also did not give abuse like some of the new people to the site do when they dont like what you say about searching and taking the time to look around
I always tend to find that people who make the most noise about something they don't like are usually guilty of doing it themselves. The term that is widely used is hypocritical and there are shed loads of hypocrites on SaxP. You seem to portray yourself as the perfect member always using the search function to trawl through pages for the answer your looking for. Well i like a challenge and decided to have a look back at some of the questions you posted when you first joined. There is a list of all the threads you have started and just as i thought most of them are questions Here is a small selection of what you asked when you first started just to remind you Dobbo .

Head Gasket

Quote:
hi jus a quick one has any one had a head gasket done on a vts and how much did it cost needs goin as its leakin a ting bit out the side of the head cheers.
Painting Wheels and rocker Covers

Quote:
what will i need for both never done it befor wheels are a bit kurbed any way of restoring them my self rep given for good advise
Locking Wheel Nut
Quote:
cant find it any where best way to get them out? drill? or do you recon citroen will have a selection i could try? i know vw do this as my mate lost his rep for quick reply.
Premium Membership (This is my favorite)

Quote:
any one know how long it will take to be activated? payed yesterday and still not been updated
To be honest i could go on all night mate. I wish i had a pound for everytime someone asked how quickly their premium membership would take to activate the moment they have finished paying for it. Add to that all the pound coins from the times people ask how to get locking wheel nuts out when they have lost the key or how to spray a rocker cover and i could retire early. If your going to moan about something make sure your not guilty of it yourself first.

Tim

Last edited by Tim_W; 4th December 2008 at 23:58.
Tim_W is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tim_W For This Useful Post:
Old 5th December 2008, 00:06   #40
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

Tbh the search function needs using more often, its in the rules, first thing you should do before posting as more than likely its been asked before

if you cant find anything then your not using the search function properly, theres a lot of different options you can use, i always seem to find the answer, hence why i dont post many threads up

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote