Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 29th June 2009, 21:58   #21
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

I still like the old goldie stuff, got a shit load on vinyl again.

Grooveriders UK return was a good laugh

I love being involved in the industry, I never thought id be doing what i do.
Old 29th June 2009, 22:03   #22
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I still like the old goldie stuff, got a shit load on vinyl again.

Grooveriders UK return was a good laugh

I love being involved in the industry, I never thought id be doing what i do.
lol i know what you mean, goldies always been one of my favs, and done so much for the scene whilst not going commercial atall

people know the name goldie, but most dont realise he DJ's dnb

grooverider gets critisized a lot for using software to DJ, unfairly imo, he's a good DJ on decks and software

went to area on saturday for the renegade hardware event - DJ's who nobody knows always play a LOT better than the well known DJ's ive heard

atm just trying to tunnel into the underground house scene lol. creamfields looks likley this year, few people going to a mates Bday, heard its not as good as global, but the global line up looks a bit of a cheese fest imo lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 22:07   #23
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

LOL grooverider unplugged the power cable to the CDJ to run his mac when he was @ KOKO.

I saw him do it so when fabio went back on and shat himself that it wasnt working, thankfully i knew what was up.

Ronnie size is also a legend in the scene, and if people slate him they have never met the man, hes a true gent.

Globals gone shit, creamfileds would be good if it wasnt full of scouce cunts.

Ill be at SW4/GLITP
Old 29th June 2009, 22:29   #24
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

He is now famous for being famous in my opinion.
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 22:33   #25
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaXo_vtr123 View Post
He is now famous for being famous in my opinion.
Do a bit of reading into the scene dear whipper snapper.

I dont like him anymore but you cant take away WHY he became famous.
Old 29th June 2009, 22:51   #26
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Do a bit of reading into the scene dear whipper snapper.

I dont like him anymore but you cant take away WHY he became famous.
I know his rise to fame was genuine, and he put a huge ammount of hard work in, but now he is past his prime.
Old 29th June 2009, 23:55   #27
Whiskerzz
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Now living in the USA 04 Ford Focus SVT
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Whiskerzz is on a distinguished road

has tiesto actually done anything recently ? as ive not heard any new stuff for aaaaaaaages.....

tbh everyone will know him for around 3 songs/mixes
adagio for strings
lethal industry
and elements of life

altho there is alot better tunes by him those were the most well known ones

still a good listen though if its your kinda thing
Old 30th June 2009, 07:02   #28
dj_russell
Established Member

Car(s): 400bhp build gt4
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
dj_russell is on a distinguished road

some of my favourate stuff at the minutes played by avb(asot) or above and beyond(tatw) sets. some real hot tunes out there at the minute. im still a fan of tiesto aswell i actually like the collaberations and remixs he does now but id be gutted if he did that type of stuff full time he still does his usual stuff still aswell though and you cant argue with his in search of sunrise sets absolutly fantastic my faves got to be isos 7 asia. the opening just wow its awesome. banyan tree into wasted absolutly just mental, if you like trance ill be very suprised if you dont feel the buzz of those infact it should be a crime if you dont feel it.

XBOX LIVE ADDY:djrussell69

Last edited by dj_russell; 30th June 2009 at 07:14.
dj_russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 07:09   #29
dj_russell
Established Member

Car(s): 400bhp build gt4
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
dj_russell is on a distinguished road

just had to post the link upi had to listen to it and im getting goosebumps getting ready for work listening to it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0Ard3HMDAg

XBOX LIVE ADDY:djrussell69
dj_russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 08:44   #30
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator

Tiesto ft Andain - Beautiful things
Old 30th June 2009, 12:11   #31
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Too poor.
Ryyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
incorrect, he like many other dance DJ's play "live sets" a different form of mixing which doesnt involve turntables as such

you still have to mix, whilst doing a whole load of other stuff too,
Well, if he's mixing without Turntables (As such) then how the hell is he mixing, if he is at all?

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick lolzipopz?
Ryyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 14:48   #32
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoORaZzAOoO View Post
Well, if he's mixing without Turntables (As such) then how the hell is he mixing, if he is at all?

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick lolzipopz?
A laptop can be linked via the mixer.

Mixer still used but the software holds the music, so theres no need for cds to be carried around etc.....

You will find CDJs are often connected still as sometimes they will use them to mix with using a demo cd, and the software will monitor the adjustments of the CDJs.

+ theres different touch screens people use with different live effects + keyboards etc etc...

Its moved on alot since a set of 1210s and a mixer.
Old 30th June 2009, 23:08   #33
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Ryyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud of

Quote:
A laptop can be linked via the mixer.

Mixer still used but the software holds the music, so theres no need for cds to be carried around etc.....

You will find CDJs are often connected still as sometimes they will use them to mix with using a demo cd, and the software will monitor the adjustments of the CDJs.

+ theres different touch screens people use with different live effects + keyboards etc etc...

Its moved on alot since a set of 1210s and a mixer.
Oh yes, That was a dumb question sorry

I didnt think of stuff like Ableton etc..Has never and will never interest me tbh.

DJ'ing these days is getting further & further away from actual DJ'ing and leaning towards technology.
Old 30th June 2009, 23:10   #34
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Most of that is because of the costs.

Vinyl was effectively killed off in massive industry due to the costs involved in the pressing of it.

CDs again cheap to produce but when you are sending promos out can be expensive etc....

A simple email/linked file with the promo reduces the costs + increases the speed the artist gets the track etc etc...

Its great how it works, although I am a big vinyl lover
Old 30th June 2009, 23:37   #35
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

I'll always favour vinyl no matter what.
I'll only rip MP3's to a CD when they're a promo ..anything else like Old Skool/Hard House/Progressive.. i'll buy from WelcomeDJ.com from abroad.

I <3 Vinyl lolz
Old 30th June 2009, 23:39   #36
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

I love vinyl.

We had a celebration event recently where most of my mates set was off vinyl, was funny as dont often see the 1210s used in ministry anymore, usually the tech guys having to ripp and run cables everywhere for some different system in the djs box of tricks lol
Old 1st July 2009, 12:37   #37
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoORaZzAOoO View Post
Oh yes, That was a dumb question sorry

I didnt think of stuff like Ableton etc..Has never and will never interest me tbh.

DJ'ing these days is getting further & further away from actual DJ'ing and leaning towards technology.
living in the past dude. im all for the origional mixing etc, but theres a famous saying

"if your not progressing, you dont stand still in time, your in fact regressing" ot something like that

my point is although not traditional the new form of mixing can be a lot more complicated, minus the set tempo speed etc so your doing less work

but live mixing is VERY hard, bassically synthesising / sampling tracks as you play & mix them

Quote:
Most of that is because of the costs.

Vinyl was effectively killed off in massive industry due to the costs involved in the pressing of it.

CDs again cheap to produce but when you are sending promos out can be expensive etc....

A simple email/linked file with the promo reduces the costs + increases the speed the artist gets the track etc etc...

Its great how it works, although I am a big vinyl lover
vinyl will always be for the traditionalist, its how it should be done and most dont like change

but imo, mp3 is just the way it is these days, £5 for a vinyl, or less than £1 for an mp3

add that to the fact its a hell of a lot easier to carry around CD's over vinyl, it seems obvious technology is working in the DJ's favour

there are a few downsides though, a lot of tracks get played that dont deserve to, simply because you dont have to be signed to get a release, just need to simply send around on the internet and hope someone burns it to a CD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 19:11   #38
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
living in the past dude. im all for the origional mixing etc, but theres a famous saying

"if your not progressing, you dont stand still in time, your in fact regressing" ot something like that

my point is although not traditional the new form of mixing can be a lot more complicated, minus the set tempo speed etc so your doing less work

but live mixing is VERY hard, bassically synthesising / sampling tracks as you play & mix them

vinyl will always be for the traditionalist, its how it should be done and most dont like change

but imo, mp3 is just the way it is these days, £5 for a vinyl, or less than £1 for an mp3

add that to the fact its a hell of a lot easier to carry around CD's over vinyl, it seems obvious technology is working in the DJ's favour

there are a few downsides though, a lot of tracks get played that dont deserve to, simply because you dont have to be signed to get a release, just need to simply send around on the internet and hope someone burns it to a CD

I didnt say the "new form" of mixing/DJing these days wasnt harder than it used to be,you might have got mixed up mate, infact I agree with you I think it is tbh. Much more complicated.

What im saying is I do honestly think everyone's riding the tech-train in DJ'ing atm and actually has been for about 1.5/2 years, especially BIG dj's promoting new gear etc etc.And I aint saying thats not the way forward, it bloody well is, its just the truth that people favour the techheavy end rather than 2 1210's and a 600.

The price comparison is a valid one though, I have around 600-650 rips roughly costing me..well..blank CD's cost nothing and the Rips were cheapish, some free meanwhile vinyl costs me 17euro(£15) each vinyl..