Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 3rd July 2009, 21:50   #21
gazwhittle
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Car(s): Citroen C2 Rthym Soon to be VT* upgrade.
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
gazwhittle has a spectacular aura aboutgazwhittle has a spectacular aura aboutgazwhittle has a spectacular aura about

Jailbreaking Iphone 3G using 3.0 Firmware.

First off is to check that you are 100% running 3.0 firmware on a 3G only !.

First thing to do if run and execute redsn0w. redsn0w is a dev team application that patches the firmware kernal allowing your iphone to be "jailbroke" ( Run Non Appstore applications plus other stuff )

This is the link to dev team wedsite. Downloads is on your left any problems pm me

Right now comes the interesting part. i recomend a full backup is made in itunes (you should already know how this is done.)

Once the backup has finish load and execute redsn0w.

Once opened, plug you iphone in and turn off your device OFF

Do not unplug your device from now on.

Once loaded, the application should look like this :

What you have to do now is find the 3.0 firmware that you downloaded through itunes when you updated your iphone.

to do this i first recommend checking to see if the file is hidden as the file is in a shared part of drive c ( or which ever drive you use)

so you need to go to start , my computer , local disk drive c: , documents and settings.

right this is usually where the files are hidden. so go to the top of the screen to , Tools then Folder OptionsYou then need to select show all hidden files and folders like so ;

then simply select ok , apply. ( please note this process will be very similar using vista)

right once that is complete we can now search for the firmware using redsn0w.

On the application select browse...

the firmware will be saved in a folder called iphone software updates.

which is in the folders;
my computer, local disk c , documents and settings , Owner (the folder you will need to choose will be different on your computer, you can tell the folder name by pressing start and it will be displayed across the top.)

Application Data, apple computer , itunes then iphone software updates.

you need the 3.0 firmware which looks like this.

click the firmware circled above then click ok.

redsn0w will now process the firmware. once complete next will appear click next,

now redsn0w will show a progress bar as it is patching the kernal in the offical 3.0 firmware.

once done a new screen will appear make sure the radio box next to cydia is checked,
then press next.

please read through the warning on the next page as i cant be held responsable if anything goes wrong.!!!

Before clicking next have a quick read at this, it will prepare you for the sequence you will have to do to get your iphone into DFU mode.

DONT DO THIS STEP JUST YET I AM JUST TELLING YOU HOW ITS DONE AS IT HAPPENS QUICK ON THE SCREEN

1. You will have to hold down the power button for 3 second.
2.Without releasing the power button, press the home button down aswel for 10 second,
3.Without releasing the home button , release the power button BUT keep the home button pressed for 30 second.

I usually notice that after step 2 has counted down the screen flickers white then black.
This is a good indication that it is entering dfu mode.

right now you have got a good idea of the suquence. select next on redsn0w and follow the on screen count downs.

once the phone enters DFU mode your computer will automatically install it as new hardware and redsn0w will recognise you iphone and begin the flash.

just let the phone run through the flash and once complete it will reboot to a fresh jailbroken iphone with a nice new app named cydia .

sorry if ive been a bore its just somepeople aint to sure thats all.

Last edited by gazwhittle; 3rd July 2009 at 21:58.
gazwhittle is offline   Reply With Quote