Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 23rd June 2009, 10:19   #1
GrantW
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): None...
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!
Default iPhone help please

My sister has a 2G iphone which I unlocked when she first got it, and now it wont turn on, it just has the plug into itunes symbol on it. When its plugged into Itunes it recognises it as being in recovery mode, so it wont do anything with it until it is out of recovery mode. When I try to recover it, it gives an unknown error after the iphone has tried to recover with the 'loading bar' getting to the end on the iphone.
Unknown errors include (6) (20) and (2002) so far. If they know the codes then surely they arent unknown errors?!
I dont even know what firmware is on it, it just says N/A next to it in itunes.
I tried downloading 1.1.4 and holding select when i press recover so I can select that one instead of the latest one, but that provides one of the errors above!
Tried DFU mode as well, that didnt work.

Any ideas people or has my sister got a 170 quid paperweight?

EDIT: I jailbroke it too, think it was Ziphone i used to do it.

Last edited by GrantW; 23rd June 2009 at 10:28.
GrantW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 10:32   #2
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Sounds like she has upgrade the software....

Happened ages ago to a friend and I fixed it but that was when you could still downgrade the OS properly.

However Dev team seem to say that the 2G can be upgraded to 3.0 and unlocked on the 2G with the pwnage tool. Might be worth looking at that first as the new software will just not let you downgrade back to 1.1.4

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:11   #3
gazwhittle
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Car(s): Citroen C2 Rthym Soon to be VT* upgrade.
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
gazwhittle has a spectacular aura aboutgazwhittle has a spectacular aura aboutgazwhittle has a spectacular aura about

bricked it . did you use yellowsnow to unlock it ?
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:51   #4
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

Been bricked, try QuickPawn.
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.

Last edited by JamesR; 23rd June 2009 at 13:10.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 13:09   #5
Scottp
Administrator

Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazwhittle View Post
2G doesnt require yellowsn0w to unlock can be done via quickpwn. At least mine didnt need yellowsn0w

Should only require redsn0w from dev team and all should be fine.

I see 3.0 unlock for 3g users has just been released: ultrasn0w

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post:
Old 24th June 2009, 11:36   #6
GrantW
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazwhittle View Post
As I said in the edit above, used Ziphone to do it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Sounds like she has upgrade the software....

Happened ages ago to a friend and I fixed it but that was when you could still downgrade the OS properly.

However Dev team seem to say that the 2G can be upgraded to 3.0 and unlocked on the 2G with the pwnage tool. Might be worth looking at that first as the new software will just not let you downgrade back to 1.1.4
Sorry meant to say I guessed thats what she had done, was rushing to post before I went to work! Thats why I had downloaded the 1.1.4 firmware separately.

Thanks for the Dev team thing, I downloaded redsn0w which didnt work at first, had to download winpwn to flash it back to 2.0.2 and then connect to itunes to update to 3.0, then use redsn0w to unlock and jailbreak! Lot of mucking about but at least thats it fixed now, thanks a lot Scott.
Old 3rd July 2009, 20:54   #7
GrantW
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Phones shagged I think, apparently she dropped it which is why it isnt working, which she never told me before!

I updated it to 3.0 and then used redsn0w to unlock and jailbreak it, I installed Cydia only. After it was done it worked for a day or so then it started randomly showing the recovery mode plug into itunes screen, but then it would disappear sometimes itself, sometimes needing a restart. Even after plugging it into itunes and redoing it all again and installing Icy for a change it is still randomly appearing and disappearing, but now it seems permanent. Any ideas or is it defo now a paperweight? lol!

Last edited by GrantW; 3rd July 2009 at 21:09.
GrantW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 22:03   #8
gazwhittle
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Car(s): Citroen C2 Rthym Soon to be VT* upgrade.
gazwhittle has a spectacular aura aboutgazwhittle has a spectacular aura aboutgazwhittle has a spectacular aura about

just try and get an officall firmware installed then ring apple if its still under warranty / insured.
Old 3rd July 2009, 23:13   #9
Scottp
Administrator

Redownload a fresh 3.0 firmware and restore with it and go from there. Other than that if it's hardware try as above

Old 6th July 2009, 18:58   #10
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oem+ sax
baker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to behold

how did you downgrade then ive had lots of probelms with winpwn trying to downgrade to 2.0 what version did you use....