Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 5th May 2008, 17:52   #1
JimoVTR
Saxperience Addict
South West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Megane 03 1.6 VVTi Dynamique
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!
Default Thread Locking

Seems to me alot of threads are being locked alot more often than before.

I agree a certain amount need locking, but that 10% doesn't need to be.

Reason: Spam

So out of 30 posts 2 are spam, it gets locked.
For instance, my Fiesta Zetec S thread, no spam, yet it gets locked, is this because one of the mods do not like the car, I should ask on Fiesta forum? There are plenty of mods without saxo's, why not lock their powers?
Seems to be happening quite often.

I think we (standard members) should be able to see why it gets locked or the mod to close must put up at reason as a last post.

Because to be honest its a joke nowadays.
Old 5th May 2008, 17:55   #2
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

I allmost allways post when locking.
yet im allways the one you guys blame for locking when it wasnt locked by me
Old 5th May 2008, 17:57   #3
JimoVTR
Saxperience Addict

JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!

Im not pointing the finger at anyone Ryan, im just saying its getting beyond the joke, I agree 95% of the time you do put a reason, and 99% of that time its justified.
Old 5th May 2008, 17:59   #4
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Just wanted to voice my opinion as i am getting a bit pissed off with attitude from members as being a mod that gets the blame for everything and constantly accused of ruining the forum. When i for one try and keep users posting, pm them alot for problems etc..

just look at what im trying to do in my own time to sort out the problems over john and sort it effectively with as little abuse possible
Old 5th May 2008, 18:00   #5
JimoVTR
Saxperience Addict

My Fiesta Zetec S thread was locked after post 9.
It wasn't cracknell as I asked him, and he kindly reopened it. But can anyone see a reason why it should be locked.
Old 5th May 2008, 18:02   #6
JimoVTR
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Just wanted to voice my opinion as i am getting a bit pissed off with attitude from members as being a mod that gets the blame for everything and constantly accused of ruining the forum. When i for one try and keep users posting, pm them alot for problems etc..

just look at what im trying to do in my own time to sort out the problems over john and sort it effectively with as little abuse possible
Some of the attitudes stinks and I agree with you.
And I will admit that the Mods are doing a great job, just the thread locking is a bit to harsh, perhaps simo could write some rules why the thread should be locked.

And I have seen your thread about it Ryan, and I wasnt affected by it, but full respect to you for sorting it out. That is definatly mod quality that we need on here, being such a large community
Old 5th May 2008, 18:05   #7
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

before post 9 its full of posts which are just spam.

you then asked mike to post on a fez forum so guessing whoever locked it felt it was being dealt with
Old 5th May 2008, 18:07   #8
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

I think in order for the whole Users Vs Mods crap to stop users need to respect that mods give up their own time to help the forum and can do with out alot of the abuse we get.
Old 5th May 2008, 18:07   #9
MikeCracknell
Central South
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta STripes
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!

All of the moderators, whether they be RMO's, Forum Mods, or Super Mods have a basic set of guidelines on locking threads, if it looks like there is a possibility that a thread may get out of control by people who are intent on slating other peoples tastes in cars (look how much abuse people give about Zetec S's and you'll see what I mean) then it is probably best to nip it before it starts
But we all know that they are better than Saxos
That is all

Love

Mike xxxx
Peugeot 106 | Fiat Punto | Saxo VTS | Zetec S | Clio 197 | Clio 182 | Saxo VTR 1| Fiesta ST | Saxo VTR 2| Saxo VTR 3| Mk 6 Fiesta ST | Mk 7 Fiesta ST3 1 | Mk 7 Fiesta ST3 2 | Mk 8 Fiesta ST PE with a Mk 6 Fiesta ST500 and a Mk 6 Fiesta ST150 "Nemo, Bessie and Stripes" Insta: @nemo_mk8_st

MikeCracknell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2008, 18:10   #10
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

mike im so tempted to edit your post in white to i like dogging with men in my rust bucket
Old 5th May 2008, 18:10   #11
TU-Tuning
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): JP4urio, 306 DTurbo SportShed
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!

You lot do on the whole do a good job Ryan but the fact that all the funny threads are ALWAYS closed as spam has killed the foonay on this site
TU-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2008, 18:12   #12
MikeCracknell
Central South
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta STripes
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
mike im so tempted to edit your post in white to i like dogging with men in my rust bucket
Peugeot 106 | Fiat Punto | Saxo VTS | Zetec S | Clio 197 | Clio 182 | Saxo VTR 1| Fiesta ST | Saxo VTR 2| Saxo VTR 3| Mk 6 Fiesta ST | Mk 7 Fiesta ST3 1 | Mk 7 Fiesta ST3 2 | Mk 8 Fiesta ST PE with a Mk 6 Fiesta ST500 and a Mk 6 Fiesta ST150 "Nemo, Bessie and Stripes" Insta: @nemo_mk8_st

MikeCracknell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2008, 18:12   #13
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_Saxo View Post
You lot do on the whole do a good job Ryan but the fact that all the funny threads are ALWAYS closed as spam has killed the foonay on this site
As i said to a few of the major spammers. I respect that they want to have fun and we need users actively posting on here.

HOWEVER i also asked them to respect the forum as i personally felt that they posted utter shite in everythread which wasnt on. I take the piss in threads and joke about as everyone should do, but many need to respect when is the right time.

A few threads which have been useful to the forum just get trashed by them talking crap for the sake of it.

In my opinion if users respected mods more and also the forum itself then we can be more linient with them.

make sense?
Old 5th May 2008, 18:14   #14
JimoVTR
Saxperience Addict

makes sense yes...
however there is this few minority that do spoil it (am i one of them?) (just out of interest)

Cant you do a 12hour ban
Old 5th May 2008, 18:16   #15
TU-Tuning
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): JP4urio, 306 DTurbo SportShed
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!

I see where your coming from mate, but the funny threads in the past were full off stupid crap, silly posts, crazy pictures and general shite. And it was great. That is now classed as spam, the funny threads now tend to be pretty tame tbh. I think the crap has to be allowed in cases like that.

And like I said yall do a good job on the most part, but I think there may be too many people with locking power, and some people are taking it wayyyy to seriously
TU-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2008, 18:16   #16
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

yes i can do a 12 hour ban, but we dont want to ban members left right and center (even though you all feel thats all we want to do)

We just want you to all use the forum properly.

Its simple just take the intelligent step to realise when the right time is to post shite and when isnt. If all you do is post shite left right and center it means we have much more crap to sort, therefore locks come out.
Old 5th May 2008, 18:18   #17
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_Saxo View Post
I see where your coming from mate, but the funny threads in the past were full off stupid crap, silly posts, crazy pictures and general shite. And it was great. That is now classed as spam, the funny threads now tend to be pretty tame tbh. I think the crap has to be allowed in cases like that.

As i said there are threads for it and threads not for it.

A thread where a girl asks about businesses which then turns into i pimp slags, and everyone trying to have the most stupid reply isnt really a constructive time.

As ive said on here a few times, I let many things go, just WHEN they are done so at the right time.
Old 5th May 2008, 18:18   #18
JimoVTR
Saxperience Addict

agreed ben, this site has become alot more stricter... which tbh, is doing it no good... people wont want to stay on if they see it like that. people like me (last batch of big users) saw the last of it, and thats what appealed to us. its been getting stricter since oct/nov 07
Old 5th May 2008, 18:19   #19
JimoVTR
Saxperience Addict

and just to clarify this isnt a bitching thread towards any of the mods
Old 5th May 2008, 18:20   #20
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Jimo, you say its stricter yet im posting why at times.

You also not feel that the forum has changed and moved forward, the technical sections now are better than ever and we have managed to get users posting in them more effectively.