Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Closed Thread

Old 24th June 2008, 22:53   #1
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Anders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud of
Default For Sale Section - New Rule

When someone lists something for sale, in order for you to make an offer/buy something, you should have to post in the thread. After a sale is agreed the members should then be allowed to take it to pm.

The problem with the current system is that people without 50 posts can just pm the seller with a sly little offer. It also takes the piss when you've found out something you wanted to buy has been taken by some joker who hasn't even posted in the for sale thread.

This new rule would properly enforce the 50 posts requirement and also keep everything fair and out in the open.
Old 24th June 2008, 22:54   #2
JimoVTR
Saxperience Addict
South West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Megane 03 1.6 VVTi Dynamique
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!

50 should be made to 500
Old 24th June 2008, 23:12   #3
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Many members PM even legit ones so a gay rule IMO. Ill often send a pm on something im interested in.

I have proposed that newbies should not be able to view the sections if they dont have X number of posts, so it stops members like dickhewit seeing the section and pming as they then wont know what people actually want etc...
Old 24th June 2008, 23:13   #4
JimoVTR
Saxperience Addict
South West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Megane 03 1.6 VVTi Dynamique
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Many members PM even legit ones so a gay rule IMO. Ill often send a pm on something im interested in.

I have proposed that newbies should not be able to view the sections if they dont have X number of posts, so it stops members like dickhewit seeing the section and pming as they then wont know what people actually want etc...

i just done gay little laugh
Old 24th June 2008, 23:29   #5
Paulp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Astra VXR + 1989 Astra GTE
iTrader Score: 37 (100%)
Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimoVTR View Post
i just done gay little laugh
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12u55 View Post
14 inches or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns9900 View Post
sorry bud, too big for me. GLWS tho
Old 24th June 2008, 23:33   #6
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
sounds like a good solution to me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Old 24th June 2008, 23:51   #7
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

Anders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud of

Quote:
Why don't you post?

Quote:
Good idea. Another forum I'm on requires 100 posts and 90 days membership to view the for sale forums, filters out the bell ends nicely.
Old 24th June 2008, 23:55   #8
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

i hardly ever post in the for sale section if im interested i pm the seller
Old 24th June 2008, 23:58   #9
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders0n View Post
Why don't you post?

Good idea. Another forum I'm on requires 100 posts and 90 days membership to view the for sale forums, filters out the bell ends nicely.
dont want everyone knowing what im offering so they can offer more, quite frankly what i offer is no1 elses business. or simply because its easyer to reply to a pm direct as i never go back to checking threads often.
Old 25th June 2008, 00:13   #10
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

Fair shout. I suppose if you can't beat em...

The for sale forum should definitely be hidden from guests and members with under 100 posts, I think that's a fair and worthy suggestion.
Old 25th June 2008, 00:21   #11
Tim_1
Frequent Poster

Car(s): corsa 1.2 Saxo VTR
Tim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud of

Kind of related to this, and im not sure if it ca be integrated into the website, but when people register an account there I.P is matched to their acount, the website would then stop anyone registering a second account from the same computer. However im not sure how hard the code would be to right and how complicated it would be t integrate into the website.
Old 25th June 2008, 00:37   #12
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Many service providers dont have static Ips though, espec some wireless ones reset whenever router turned off.
Old 25th June 2008, 00:57   #13
Tim_1
Frequent Poster

Car(s): corsa 1.2 Saxo VTR
Tim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud ofTim_1 has much to be proud of

Didnt think about that one
Old 25th June 2008, 01:14   #14
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

changes have been done, see gen chat threads/announcment
Old 25th June 2008, 01:14   #15
Mr_suv
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): Hondaaaa
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!

tbh i think its silly if its sold should be the sellers responsibility to update the thread imo
Old 25th June 2008, 01:17   #16
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

Quote:
changes have been done, see gen chat threads/announcment
Top man
Old 25th June 2008, 17:24   #17
demon_dan
Frequent Poster
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Honda S2000
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
demon_dan is a splendid one to beholddemon_dan is a splendid one to beholddemon_dan is a splendid one to beholddemon_dan is a splendid one to beholddemon_dan is a splendid one to beholddemon_dan is a splendid one to behold

I have to say I don't entirely agree with the new ruling. I'm a newbie and have been looking in the for sale section each day to get bits for my Sax. I don't have a lot of money and I can't afford to buy from some other sites. I don't want to post just for the sake of it to get my number up to 100 ...that seems a bit pointless. Also I don't know much about cars at all or about amps and wiring etc so I can't offer much advice, I just read the posts and learn from others experience. Most of the questions I have are already answered on here so I don't need to post ...this means it's quite likely I won't get to 100 posts for a long time .
Old 25th June 2008, 17:47   #18
George-J

George-J is on a distinguished road

demon_dan, i am in the same boat. I've been looking out for an enthusiast owned saxo and so have had my eye on teh for sale section. After buying a car i am interested in getting more involved with the scene but for me to make pointless posts is silly when a lot of information i am after is obtainable by searching.

Seems crazy towards those that don't sit on he computer all day.
Old 25th June 2008, 22:56   #19
Paulp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Astra VXR + 1989 Astra GTE
iTrader Score: 37 (100%)
Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_1 View Post
Kind of related to this, and im not sure if it ca be integrated into the website, but when people register an account there I.P is matched to their acount, the website would then stop anyone registering a second account from the same computer. However im not sure how hard the code would be to right and how complicated it would be t integrate into the website.
I have a brother (unfortunately) that also comes on here... We would have same IP and only be aloud one account.

Silly suggestion tbh
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12u55 View Post
14 inches or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns9900 View Post
sorry bud, too big for me. GLWS tho
Old 26th June 2008, 00:32   #20
boarer2004
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): saxo 1.4 westcoast, vts
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
boarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_dan View Post
I have to say I don't entirely agree with the new ruling. I'm a newbie and have been looking in the for sale section each day to get bits for my Sax. I don't have a lot of money and I can't afford to buy from some other sites. I don't want to post just for the sake of it to get my number up to 100 ...that seems a bit pointless. Also I don't know much about cars at all or about amps and wiring etc so I can't offer much advice, I just read the posts and learn from others experience. Most of the questions I have are already answered on here so I don't need to post ...this means it's quite likely I won't get to 100 posts for a long time .
Quote:
Originally Posted by George-J View Post
demon_dan, i am in the same boat. I've been looking out for an enthusiast owned saxo and so have had my eye on teh for sale section. After buying a car i am interested in getting more involved with the scene but for me to make pointless posts is silly when a lot of information i am after is obtainable by searching.

Seems crazy towards those that don't sit on he computer all day.
these are the people i feel sorry for it only a few idiots that spoil it for other so these rules have to be set in place but then even these rules dont stop the time wasters onto the for sale sections i think some think like a warning system should be put up so everyone is allowed to post in the section but not allowed to sell until they have 100 posts as this stops people out there from ripping people off then going on to other forums but if they get lets say 3 warning they are banned for a week +
Closed Thread