Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 27th October 2009, 13:50   #21
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Sayer telling james to rent half of my gearlist

I actually find that theres a big hole with the 16-35 and 70-200 combo which the 24-70 will do mega nicely with.
he's got a 50mm he can away with. If he bungs the 70-200 on the 5d and 16-35 on the 1.6x crop factor then there's only about 15mm difference anyway... so in essence, its not worth renting the 24-70 (and it's not particularly good either compared to the rest of the L range)
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 13:52   #22
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

2x TC in general is just crap. Loosing IQ, AF speed etc etc...

I didnt think that that the non 1 series could AF at F8 anyway?
Old 27th October 2009, 13:53   #23
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
he's got a 50mm he can away with. If he bungs the 70-200 on the 5d and 16-35 on the 1.6x crop factor then there's only about 15mm difference anyway... so in essence, its not worth renting the 24-70 (and it's not particularly good either compared to the rest of the L range)
Ive found the cheap 50 to be really hit and miss still which is a shame.
Old 27th October 2009, 13:58   #24
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RX8, Cliosport 197
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:

it cant mate, was manual focusing whilst paning which was pretty hardcore lol.

might invest in a 300mm or 500mm prime one of these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjay View Post
Wheels = The sex. James = The sex. His sk1llz = The sex.
Jungle_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 14:01   #25
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:

officially no, but if you smack the tele on first to the camera and then put the lens on it doesn't register the tele, so it thinks it's the lens that's just f/2.8, f/4 whatever. which means you get full speed AF (although more prone to hunting and fucking up the focus)... that's for non-Canon Teles though, Im not sure on genuine ones.
Old 27th October 2009, 14:02   #26
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Ive found the cheap 50 to be really hit and miss still which is a shame.
fine on mine!
Old 27th October 2009, 14:04   #27
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
fine on mine!
Low light it seems mega slow/hunts a touch to much for my liking.

For normal arsing about its fun.
Old 27th October 2009, 14:05   #28
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle_Jim View Post
might invest in a 300mm or 500mm prime one of these days
1k for a 300 2.8 and still around 3-4k for a second hand 500F4.
Old 27th October 2009, 14:06   #29
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Low light it seems mega slow/hunts a touch to much for my liking.

For normal arsing about its fun.
how much low light are we talking? in a church it'll be fine. in a nightclub no.
Old 27th October 2009, 14:07   #30
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
how much low light are we talking? in a church it'll be fine. in a nightclub no.
Nightclub with the mega bright LEDs it isnt a happy bunny...
Old 27th October 2009, 14:08   #31
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator

Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!

also when looking at buying a 2nd hand camera is there a limit for the number of pics the camera has taken i should try to avoid. i know canon can only guarantee up to 10,000 shots. ive only shot 4000 on my 10d since new 4 years ago. ive seen a 30d going pretty cheap but it has shot 7500 pics is this high or am i worrying about nothing

Quote:
Old 27th October 2009, 14:08   #32
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Nightclub with the mega bright LEDs it isnt a happy bunny...
I think jim will be ok for the wedding then...
Old 27th October 2009, 14:10   #33
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

7500 is naff all.

Shutters should last over 100k on the lower bodies

200k on 1 series

I bought my 1 series on 80k (was meant to be 55 mind )
Old 27th October 2009, 14:11   #34
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
also when looking at buying a 2nd hand camera is there a limit for the number of pics the camera has taken i should try to avoid. i know canon can only guarantee up to 10,000 shots. ive only shot 4000 on my 10d since new 4 years ago. ive seen a 30d going pretty cheap but it has shot 7500 pics is this high or am i worrying about nothing
are you a factor of ten out man?

My 10d is rolling into the 150,000+ now, my 1D is on 153,000 and it had it's shutter replace 3,000 actuations ago because it messed up. the 40D is on about 54,000 at the last check. I wouldn't worry about it because they can go at anytime really. the 10d was rated to 50k if I remember rightly. the rest of the xxd are rated to 100,000 I'm sure - but again, it's an average so it's purely guess when they'll go or not. When they go you're looking at about a £300 for labour and replacement parts.
Old 27th October 2009, 14:20   #35
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator

not sure mate, was what i saw on another forum yesterday, i will see if i can find the link, might have been chatting shite though tbh. my 10d has been on contious file numbering since i have owned it. how do i work out the current photo number, last count it was folder 743 and file 4367, does that mean im on 74,367 im confused now lol

and at £300 it seems cheaper to replace than repair for older camera anyway

Quote:
Old 27th October 2009, 14:23   #36
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Cs2 in raw file has a numbering test iirc.

I used file counters before.
Old 27th October 2009, 14:27   #37
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator

or do i just need to add the last number of jpegs to the last number of raw files, can they have the same file number as they are different formats or does the camera number both jpegs and raw together continously

Quote:
Old 27th October 2009, 14:28   #38
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
not sure mate, was what i saw on another forum yesterday, i will see if i can find the link, might have been chatting shite though tbh. my 10d has been on contious file numbering since i have owned it. how do i work out the current photo number, last count it was folder 743 and file 4367, does that mean im on 74,367 im confused now lol

and at £300 it seems cheaper to replace than repair for older camera anyway
you cant get an accurate figure for the 10d by 3rd party software dude... for everything else you can. the 1 series do say in the EXIF though.

but you can use the 743 folder as a rough approximation I guess... it's 100 photos per folder isn't it? so yeah it's about 74k shutter actuations.
Old 27th October 2009, 14:29   #39
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Should be the same file name.

When I shoot raw + jpeg they are.

If you add jpg numbers to Raw then you have 2x as many actuations init'
Old 27th October 2009, 14:38   #40
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator

ok cool cheers,

lmao at thinking i had only shot 4000 pics haha

Quote: