Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 26th February 2010, 00:55   #41
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

lol, dont worry, not expecting line graphs etc

sample pics like above are good enough.

I was just looking through one of your old threads around the time you got yours, and saw sayer saying about how much of a ball ache it was going to be for you to get used to it!

20D will stay, and as you said, most likely hated, but I would probably only use it for the 10-20 and keep the 100-400 and 17-50 for the 1D if i get one.

seems a good plan to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
Beastiallity... They're always blowing seals. Ba-dum-tssh!
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 01:02   #42
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

The two issues i had were at goodwood, mostly due to my 70-200 and 2x TC combo, really slow AF and really bad underexposure, wasnt a happy bunny, hence why a 2x isnt going near that glass anymore. 300mm its cool though

And the way it reacts to light/flash, settings are totally different to what I had dialled in initially in the club for a number of years so was a complete arse ache, will be the same I expect when i get my next body again though i expect, as when i have to use my 30D im twiddling for a few mins trying to remeber the 30D set up.

Other than that its been all gravy. (other than when my 580 decided to spack up which i need to sort still lol)

I had to go through all my pics for something in the pipeline last week from the club and I look back at my old stuff and just see how the 1D blows me away compaired to the 30.

Last edited by Ryan; 26th February 2010 at 01:04.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 01:28   #43
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!

Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

well if i get one, i just hope i dont get any issues with anything. lol

Cant see having TOO many problems with settings with motorsport stuff, as i tend to play around with shutter speed a lot anyway, although im sure AF would take a while to adapt to!

Next purchase lens wise is most likely 300L F4. tempted to swap the 100-400 for one if i get the chance!
Quote:
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Old 26th February 2010, 01:45   #44
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

playing around with shutter isnt the same if you are shooting manual as the iso increments react slightly different due to the sensor. If you are someone who shoots manual 90% of the time you often get used to just dialing a camera in without even looking at stuff, when i changed to the 1d it didnt react the same way

prime 300 lens, thought there was no point/they are shit id prefer a sigma 2.8 one over a canon F4 aswell
Old 26th February 2010, 01:45   #45
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

If you're bothered about high iso tom then go for a cheapo 40D tom... in my opinion I prefer the 'noise' from the 40D than the 1DII at high iso i.e. above 800.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 01:49   #46
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!

well, its not soo much 'high' iso, but just reasonable performance for a level thats expected to be used towards the end of a track event and give out usable results.

Ryan, tend to use Tv, unless the camera ignores what I want, then would go to manual.

dont bring up the prime comment again. lol

Sayer, I suppose I could get the 1D for the AF, and then at a later date look into upgrading the 20 to a 40/50 when i get into a job and get some proper monies
Quote:
Quote:
Old 26th February 2010, 01:49   #47
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

or even better high iso performance, a second hand 5D.

It still amazes me just how good that thing is at 3200.

totally depends what you want from a camera
Old 26th February 2010, 01:50   #48
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post

*smug mode on*

Old 26th February 2010, 01:52   #49
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!

yeh, well my thinking was i would most likely benefit more from a better AF system first, and see how i get on with its ISO when i use it.

Will just keep my eye out, got a couple being watched on ebay atm, so will get an idea of what they sell for

turn smug mode off pliz

congrats on 30k
Quote:
Quote:
Old 26th February 2010, 01:57   #50
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

I forgot about the 30K *goes off to delete some posts of mine*

*smugmode stays on*

They tend to go for £800-1k on egay, just go completed listings
Old 26th February 2010, 02:01   #51
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
well, its not soo much 'high' iso, but just reasonable performance for a level thats expected to be used towards the end of a track event and give out usable results.

Ryan, tend to use Tv, unless the camera ignores what I want, then would go to manual.

Sayer, I suppose I could get the 1D for the AF, and then at a later date look into upgrading the 20 to a 40/50 when i get into a job and get some proper monies
really, the 40D is pretty good for the AF, if you don't have it you don't miss it. And with the lenses you've got you won't exploit the AF on the 1D2 anyway - so it's pointless from that respect. Do you need to take 8 fps? I've set mine to a max of 5 fps (slower than the 40D). The iso isn't as good. and I couldn't give two shiny shits that I can write data to a SD card - oh it's slower at writing to memory too. The 40D has 14bit colour depth, 1d2 has 12bit - the AF and response is really the only thing that sells the 1D2 (the 1.3x is not my cuppa) and since your lenses aren't up to it, it's a waste.
Old 26th February 2010, 02:09   #52
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

sayer you told him to get the 1d on the first page
Old 26th February 2010, 02:11   #53
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

I'm a legend.
Old 26th February 2010, 02:15   #54
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Haha it did make me chuckle!

so basically in your opinion you should now ignore you
Old 26th February 2010, 02:27   #55
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RX8, Cliosport 197
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!

got to love the iso performance on the 7d

this is shot at 3200iso
original

100% crop which is A3 size without any upscaling (file size 5184x3456) (and i had messed about with colours, levels and sharpening so would have made it appear worse) plus it looks shit on photobucket

Canon 10d at 800iso 100% crop (file size 3072x2048)

also what nice on the 7d is there are more selections like 640iso rather than go from 400 straight to 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjay View Post
Wheels = The sex. James = The sex. His sk1llz = The sex.

Last edited by Jungle_Jim; 26th February 2010 at 02:43.
Jungle_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 02:33   #56
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

7d Isnt in the budget though is it

I wanted a mkIV bar the gay price, the iso performance i thought would be amazing but it appears the 128000 isnt great lol
Old 26th February 2010, 02:42   #57
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RX8, Cliosport 197
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!

ah didnt know we had a budget lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjay View Post
Wheels = The sex. James = The sex. His sk1llz = The sex.
Jungle_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 02:44   #58
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

its on the first page lol!

The 1/3 stop iso increments is something canon use on most new bodies as far as im aware.
Old 26th February 2010, 03:20   #59
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

The 30D has 1/3 stop iso increments doesn't it?

40 and 1d2 certainly do? It's nowt new as far as I was aware...
Old 26th February 2010, 10:10   #60
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
sayer you told him to get the 1d on the first page
LOL sayer.

GEt the 1Dmk2. nthing will touch it

Get a 40D, 1D is pointless.

What next, nikon? lol
Quote:
Quote: