Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 28th July 2011, 21:38   #1
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!
Default Canon 550D

Me and my dad are going halfs on a DSLR and worked out this is one thats best value for money?

We're putting in £300 each but could maybe stretch to a bduget of £750 for a camera and few lenses. Is there anything else worth considering or anything thats expected to be new pretty soon maybe worth waiting out a few months to get?

Idealy want to buy brand new to get a warrenty, but if there is any cover available for a small cost then might consider second hand for the same budget?

Dad will be using it for nature pics, landscape, touristy type pics, il be using it for cars and any random arty looking pics. Also use the video on it which seems to be ok.
Old 28th July 2011, 22:12   #2
JA3llis
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Vtr MK2 ZX7R
JA3llis is on a distinguished road

I use a Nikon d3100. Its a quality camera and in your price range. The kit lens is pretty good imo. I would stick with this to start and get used to the camera then you will realise what lenses you want just remember you get what you pay for on the lenses front.
JA3llis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JA3llis For This Useful Post:
Old 28th July 2011, 22:33   #3
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

If you've got your heart set on the 550D (presumably with Kit lens, something like a 18-55 mm) then get yourself the canon 50 mm f/1.8 (around £80) to go with it. You'll both love it I promise.

Enjoy!
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barry123 For This Useful Post:
Old 28th July 2011, 23:10   #4
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

I guess I have got my heart on the 550D, just wondered if there was anything else that is a significant rival to it. Guess there aint though really!

I need to learn all these lenses too lol

Thanks for the comments, any more are welcome still.
Old 29th July 2011, 08:03   #5
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

Get the 550d, you will love it, i do mine....

As adsayer said get the nifty fifty (50mm lol) f1.8 or even 1.4 if you can find it (actually on second thoughts i have heard some bad things about the build quality with the 1.4 so maybe not...)
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote