Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 10th August 2012, 10:56   #1
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo ST TDCI Saxo VTS
Brettles1986 is on a distinguished road
Default Cheap Tablets (The tech form)

Has anyone got one of these cheap tablets?

I'm buying one for both my daughter and niece for Xmas this year and don't want to shell out loads as they will most likely get trashed.

I'm aware that they aren't very high powered but as long as I'm not waiting ages for apps to load, they have capacitive screens and a recent version of android I'm not fussy.

I'm just dubious of the performance if honest.

Your help will (A) be much appreciated and (B) make both my daughter and niece very happy this Xmas.

I await a response from Manu saying something around the lines of spend £400 or don't bother.

Last edited by Brettles1986; 10th August 2012 at 11:12.
Brettles1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2012, 11:40   #2
saxova
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): JP4S'd R.
iTrader Score: 14 (94%)
saxova is on a distinguished road

My mate has a cheap Chinese 'D-pad' - so that's the only one I can make a comment on.. It loads app's up fine, not slow - Only WIFI though, but I doubt you'd be wanted your kid's running around streets with one

He rates it for £60 anyway!
saxova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2012, 11:50   #3
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo ST TDCI Saxo VTS
Brettles1986 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxova View Post
My mate has a cheap Chinese 'D-pad' - so that's the only one I can make a comment on.. It loads app's up fine, not slow - Only WIFI though, but I doubt you'd be wanted your kid's running around streets with one

He rates it for £60 anyway!
Someone in work had one like that although it was ages ago so one of the earlier models, IT WAS SHIT, i'm looking at something like this tbh:

http://www.ebuyer.com/386278-sumvisi...let-pc-astro-7

Reviews sing it praise but I would like the opinion of someone on here.

Cheers though
Brettles1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2012, 13:35   #4
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

£400 or don't bother.

How old are these kids, because you did mention these tablets will get thrashed. No point in buying something that's not gonna last but if you still want to carry on with that idea, then just go as cheap as possible.

Just a quick true story, a mate bought a laptop for his kid, 13 years old back then. 400 squid and 6 hours later the thing was dead, he sat on it.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2012, 14:45   #5
Yasuraka
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo 1.6 VTS
Yasuraka is on a distinguished road

My girlfriend and I got her daughter one of those Archos 7 Android tablets, HD this blah blah 250gb HD. Was a bag of shite tbh, battery life was poor, WiFi rarely stayed connected, crashed more than it didnt.

Ive recently bought the Nexus 7, dont know what sort of budget you are talking about but the 8gb version can be got for £159 probably a lot less if you use quidco etc. Thoroughly reccomend it. After using the iPad2 for as long I kinda turned into an apple slag and nothing else would do but this is a refreshing change. Doesnt have 3g right enough but thats one less charge to worry about. Screen is very good, movies look excellent on it. Surfing with Chrome is really good too and it will sync with your desktop running Chrome too if you sign in.
Yasuraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2012, 21:47   #6
0x90

Car(s): White Saxo 1.1 LX
0x90 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasuraka View Post
My girlfriend and I got her daughter one of those Archos 7 Android tablets, HD this blah blah 250gb HD. Was a bag of shite tbh, battery life was poor, WiFi rarely stayed connected, crashed more than it didnt.

Ive recently bought the Nexus 7, dont know what sort of budget you are talking about but the 8gb version can be got for £159 probably a lot less if you use quidco etc. Thoroughly reccomend it. After using the iPad2 for as long I kinda turned into an apple slag and nothing else would do but this is a refreshing change. Doesnt have 3g right enough but thats one less charge to worry about. Screen is very good, movies look excellent on it. Surfing with Chrome is really good too and it will sync with your desktop running Chrome too if you sign in.
Yeah, the Nexus 7 is an awesome tablet. I'm a big fan of ASUS; their hardware is rock solid. In this instance though, it might be a bit overpowered and over budget for what the OP wants. But anyone looking for a cheap tablet that performs, it's definitely worth it.
0x90 is offline   Reply With Quote