Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 12th January 2014, 14:26   #1
n50pug
Infrequent Poster

n50pug is on a distinguished road
Default 2002 vtr with cat joint to manifold

Hey as title says my saxo vtr cat is absoluty rotten and the manifold has a crack in it is ther any way of fitting a manifold of another saxo and decating it if so do I need to relocate the oil filter and what about my lamba sensors any help would be much appreciated
n50pug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2014, 15:49   #2
Jack_Norris
Regular Poster

Car(s): 2 16'v Saxo vtr's
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Jack_Norris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by n50pug View Post
Hey as title says my saxo vtr cat is absoluty rotten and the manifold has a crack in it is ther any way of fitting a manifold of another saxo and decating it if so do I need to relocate the oil filter and what about my lamba sensors any help would be much appreciated
If you fit a mk2 vtr manifold I dont think it needs relocating. But won't have a cat and fail MOT's.

I fitted a MK1 vtr mani and a vts system (mk1 vtr is the same) so it would have a underfloor cat instead.

I used this guide . Only problem I had was the oil filter was touching the mani slightly (cheap manifold). Used a clio oil filter instead and all is well.

Hope this helps
Jack_Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2014, 16:15   #3
Samp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

North Wales Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Fabia VRS PD130/ VTR Mk2
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Sam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud of

you can replace the whole system for a mk1 system. If you use an OEM manifold or a raceland (421) you will need to relocate the oil filter. But with other manifolds you should get away with using the original oil filter setup.
Old 13th January 2014, 18:30   #4
n50pug
Infrequent Poster

Thanks guys iv got a manifold and the pipe that joins to it from anthor vtr the bit of pipe has a hole for a lamba sensor so would screw the lamba sensor into that then my other lamba sensor that was after my cat just cable tie it up sum where do u think that would be okay it won't hit my oil filter so won't need moved
Old 13th January 2014, 18:32   #5
n50pug
Infrequent Poster

The manifold iv got now doesn't have a hole for the lamba on the top of it like the one that was on it before but the down pipe has it
Old 14th January 2014, 19:45   #6
Samp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

North Wales Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Fabia VRS PD130/ VTR Mk2
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Sam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud of

Put the second lambda (one after the cat) inside you airfilter box or somewhere it wont get damaged.